Sotw #4

DeletedUser5

I didn't realise there had already been a SOTW #3, so here's SOTW #4

SOTW #4

sotwlogocopy2.png

Theme: Outer Space, be as creative as you can. Ask questions if you're not sure if your idea is valid.
Size: 400 x 200 or 200 x 400 maximum (for verticals)
Deadline: Monday 12th September 00:00 GMT

Rules for Submitting:

• All entries must be made specifically for this competition (i.e. no pre-made works)
  • No RIPPING! The work should be an original. If there is any suspicion of ripping, we will ask you for proof (.psd, .xcf file etc...)
  • You are only allowed one entry. This entry should be PM'ed to me with the title "Competition".
  • Please include an image followed by the URL link in your message.
  • You may not post your images on another thread to receive CnC.

Voting Rules:

• You are allowed only one vote.
  • You are NOT allowed to vote for your own entry.
  • Voting will be on a poll which will be set up shortly after the deadline has passed.
  • Please comment on the voting thread explaining your choice (Preferably not just "it was nice"...)
  • Please do NOT put down any names in your voting comments in order to keep the entries anonymous and therefore completely unbiased.
  • Campaigning for votes will not be allowed

DeletedUser

I like this theme. I find space to be extremely interesting. So, I guess I'll enter this one and see how it goes. :)

DeletedUser

I don't like the theme, but seeing as it is my 3rd sig ever....

also on the ripping thing, it doesn't mean you have to make your own renders right? it just means that you have to put the sig together yourself.

DeletedUser

I don't like the theme, but seeing as it is my 3rd sig ever....

also on the ripping thing, it doesn't mean you have to make your own renders right? it just means that you have to put the sig together yourself.
Yes, you do not have to cut your own render. Just don't find a sig related to the topic made by someone else and submit it as your own.

DeletedUser

I thought so, just wanted to make sure. Wouldn't want the credit for something that wasn't my own work anyway.

thanks for clearing that up for me.

DeletedUser

same here. hand made it, no renders used (except for a fractal). :D were we suppose to make it say anything specfic?

DeletedUser

wait what, already handed in..... I'm on my 4th layer still.

DeletedUser

You just had to send it with the title "Competition" so he knows...other than that I don't think so...

i dont meant the mail. or were we suppose to make the pic say that too? and if everybody hands in there pics before the week is up to we still have to wait or will they go around and put the poll out?

DeletedUser

You don't have to write anything on the image itself, I meant the mail that you send to Ac04...I think the polls will be put up in a week's time because you can never know if everyone has sent their entries. Because you might have someone enter at the very last minute and it's unfair to put up polls before the allocated time..

DeletedUser

ah ok now i get it. i wasnt sure what text to add, and i wanted to add text. doug you use gimp right?

DeletedUser

Yeah, guys. I think you guys are working a little too fast, I am going to be working on mine all week most likely.

DeletedUser

Yeah, guys. I think you guys are working a little too fast, I am going to be working on mine all week most likely.

I never needed to work on a piece for a whole week...mine take about 30-40 minutes...sometimes it can take up to 2 hours but that's very rare...to each their own i guess...

DeletedUser

same here. i cant spend a lot of time on a pic even if i try.

DeletedUser

I never needed to work on a piece for a whole week...mine take about 30-40 minutes...sometimes it can take up to 2 hours but that's very rare...to each their own i guess...

My works take about that time as well. But if its a competition I am going to work on mine over time, bits and pieces. it helps a lot considering every new time you look at it, you will spot the flaws you made the day before, and fix them.

DeletedUser

I just do the best I can in one sitting because I will lose the inspiration and the direction I was going with the piece in the first place...The way I see it, if you take too much time completing a piece, especially over a few days it becomes a bit choppy and messy...that's the way it goes for me, if it works better for you then that's cool :)