Spam Attacks

DeletedUser829

With all the attack notifications now in Grepolis, is it against the rules to manually (not automatically) spam players by attacking them at all hours of the day?

For example, alliance of 40 decides to on the hour / every hour, send fake attacks to someone, only to cancel them a few minutes later.

Regardless of the reason, be it to the player off and make him turn notifications off, or just to cause confusion, is that allowed?

In the past I have gotten some quite mean messages from players saying they were in a meeting when their phone started going on, and to attack at a different time. In which case we put all our attacks against him around that time because we knew he'd be at work/meetings. HIm getting in trouble was a bonus because hew as a tard in the game :\

DeletedUser829

I'm concerned about someone stating that he's being harassed, versus getting attacked.

DeletedUser5819

My understanding is that it is a completely acceptable way to deal with someone using the attack alarm.
It is also completely acceptable to do it regardless of the alarm, to get people to call militia or for support or to use up their wisdom.
If he is in a meeting that cannot be disturbed he should turn the alarm off when he is in the meeting.

Surely that is common sense.

DeletedUser

simplest thing is when an enemy does that to you turn the alarm off. I can't find anything which says we can't do that but we need a mod to comment.

DeletedUser23986

I do not see what is wrong with it. there is no rule against it.

DeletedUser42857

theres absolutely no rules against attacking, nor cancelling attacks.
just as there are no rules dictating you cannot send out 200 x 1k spies as opposed to a single 200k one.

harrassing people with attacks, spells, spies is all just part of the game, harrassing people by pm etc isnt.

But like said above. if hes in a meeting, he should turn his phone off. simple.

my alarm went off at 4am, 5am and 5.30am, and then some idiot started drilling outside my house at 8am.. thats life, suck it up.

DeletedUser47723

Oh yes i will spam and i will spam let the buthurt flow...

DeletedUser

Don't come here complaining if you're banned for violating §9 in the game rules. You know, the "fair play" and "be respectful towards other players" paragraph.

DeletedUser23986

Don't come here complaining if you're banned for violating §9 in the game rules. You know, the "fair play" and "be respectful towards other players" paragraph.

You do know that there are spells like illusion which do similar things?

This is not unfair. Wearing someone out with fake attacks, or spam attack is not unfair.

DeletedUser

You make it sound like it's a clear-cut case. The original poster clearly doesn't know if it's against the rules or not. My interpretation is that it probably IS against the rules, if you're spamming a player with the sole intention of keeping him up all night or force him to turn off one of the game's features (or uninstall the app entirely). You, on the other hand, believe that it's perfectly fine. It's not a clear-cut case at all. And it all comes down to how the ingame supporter interprets the situation.

DeletedUser

You make it sound like it's a clear-cut case. The original poster clearly doesn't know if it's against the rules or not. My interpretation is that it probably IS against the rules, if you're spamming a player with the sole intention of keeping him up all night or force him to turn off one of the game's features (or uninstall the app entirely). You, on the other hand, believe that it's perfectly fine. It's not a clear-cut case at all. And it all comes down to how the ingame supporter interprets the situation.
its a good strategy for keeping enemies confused to which attacks are real, and for trolling them.

DeletedUser

I spam and troll my enemies too, and they return the favour more often than not. I like the game that way. I also love it when people send hate mail, which for the most part violates paragraph 3 in the game rules ("Insults against other players are not allowed... "). And it's all good as long as everyone is having fun. But sooner or later you're going to run into someone who doesn't agree with your definition of fun.

DeletedUser27700

I am an ingame supporter :p
If you want to know for sure, or think a rule has been breached, just send in a ticket and we can help you there directly.

DeletedUser46838

Hey if your in a siege you gotta do many supports
And if you want to conquer someone you need to have a ton of attacks to clear out the harbor or else CS will be sniped