Sparta Vs Hades Feedback Thread

DeletedUser31931

Just what we need, another event. That hellish 3-week long chore barely even finished, and we have another one even longer.

DeletedUser54192

Just what we need, another event. That hellish 3-week long chore barely even finished, and we have another one even longer.
I agree that they shouldn't be doing events this regularly. However, while this event is longer, it should be a better experience:
  • It's not chance-based like the Pandora event was. Chance was one of the major irritations with that event.
  • Battles complete instantaneously. So you don't have to spend long periods of time online to achieve results.
  • You may complete the same battleground multiple times (although there is a cooldown period). This allows you to get multiples of rewards that you like, but without quite the level of abuse that exists in events with shops.
  • If it's anything similar to last year's Sparta vs Hades event, it should be relatively easy to get to the final battleground and receive the exclusive rewards (+1 Culture Level and the exclusive hero Alexandrios), without needing to use gold, so long as you put in a little effort. By comparison, the Pandora event was extremely hard to reach the last levels of, requiring large amounts of gold and extremely intensive activity.
  • Having split paths and a couple of offshoot battlegrounds means that you have the option to ignore/avoid certain battlefields if you don't want to waste troops achieving those particular rewards.
We will still probably end up with small sizes for troop tokens due to the event rebalancing, but on the whole I would say that this event will be much better than Pandora's Box.

DeletedUser55346

Why not? If u dont want waste ur time then dont do this event and let others enjoy it. + free stuffs.

DeletedUser54192

Why not? If u dont want waste ur time then dont do this event and let others enjoy it. + free stuffs.
While they put the events out, I am perfectly willing to take part in them. I just think they've overdone it with the number of events. Gameplay can become reliant on when the next event is, rather than playing as if events are something special. Certainly picking up the free stuff while they offer it though.

this type of event is always one of my favs
easy, balanced in that you get more than the usual dlu and fliers, and while golders get lots the wee folks can benefit just by participating regularly
One of the top responses when I told my teammates that this event was coming up soon (apart from the disgusted "not another event" comments), was that this event was one of their favourites. While I've only played it once before, I was personally looking forward to this one as well.

DeletedUser36697

this is/was generally one of my favs... have you looked a the troops?
"Seems a kick in the crotch with a frozen mukluk"...to play for rewards that are about 1/2 of what I would get for a daily bonus or the opposite end.. seems no balance on the troops levels...
#7- 8 griffins..280 pop
#9- 96 slingers

the greed being displayed by INNO is disconcerting..
my feeling is............ with number of events speeding up.. the costs going up and the rewards going down....
milking the cash cow before the butchers block comes to mind
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

DeletedUser55199

what was up with the awards? for the end i mean, 1st-10th place the ls bonus is:20, 12, 15, 12, 10, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6......so its better to be in 3rd vs 2nd and 6th or 7th vs 5th? this made sense to someone ? or no one really looked?

DeletedUser54192

what was up with the awards? for the end i mean, 1st-10th place the ls bonus is:20, 12, 15, 12, 10, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6......so its better to be in 3rd vs 2nd and 6th or 7th vs 5th? this made sense to someone ? or no one really looked?
The numbers of tokens do seem a little odd. However, look at the strength of bonus.
1st-2nd: +30% LS attack
3rd-5th: +20% LS attack
6th-10th: +10% LS attack (also not that 8th-10th's bonuses only last 1 day each)

So it's probably still better value to be higher up. It is a little odd, but not entirely crazy.

DeletedUser22951

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if Democritus works with the event rewards? Have had a 100% miss ratio for doubling so far.

In regard to the event, it's good, just need to balance the rewards. They have been cut to hard.

Decrease the overall frequency of the events and bump up the rewards slightly.

The top 10 awards are only relevant to the top 30 richest players on the server.

Raydium88

Strategos
Hey,

Can anyone tell me if Democritus works with the event rewards? Have had a 100% miss ratio for doubling so far.

Democritus works with any token reward, when applied to the city he is assigned.

If it fails to double either is too low level, you're awfully unlucky OR you don't talk dirty/flirt with him enough...
PS: Or kill... some people like to punish him to get him to do work. I believe in positive reinforcement.

DeletedUser55855

Hey,

In regard to the event, it's good, just need to balance the rewards. They have been cut to hard.

Decrease the overall frequency of the events and bump up the rewards slightly.

The top 10 awards are only relevant to the top 30 richest players on the server.

Democritus works with any token reward, when applied to the city he is assigned.

If it fails to double either is too low level, you're awfully unlucky OR you don't talk dirty/flirt with him enough...
PS: Or kill... some people like to punish him to get him to do work. I believe in positive reinforcement.

as @Raydium88 said you gotta flirt with him a lot.. so far he doubled 4 out of 6 tokens for me :p

DeletedUser31931

• It's not chance-based like the Pandora event was. Chance was one of the major irritations with that event.
AHAHAHAHAHA

You clearly aren't competing to win the daily awards then....It's even more luck-based than the last event. You are randomly awarded 1-10 honor points, which has forced me to spend an astronomical amount of gold to win both days so far.

DeletedUser54192

AHAHAHAHAHA

You clearly aren't competing to win the daily awards then....It's even more luck-based than the last event. You are randomly awarded 1-10 honor points, which has forced me to spend an astronomical amount of gold to win both days so far.
No, I'm not competing for the daily awards. I know that you are randomly awarded 1-10 honour points, because I studied the event when it was being tested on beta before it was even announced here.

Practically every event involves an element of chance when it comes to the rankings. I was referring to the fact that the battle results are based on what troops you send, and luck. So less chance-based than attacking an active player in the main game. Whereas Pandora had a reasonable chance of waiting 20+ minutes and getting absolutely nothing (Pandora was all or nothing, whereas failed attempts on these battlegrounds still inflict casualties for the following attempts). So for the average player, there is a lot less in the way of chance to dictate their progress through the event.

If you want to choose to focus on the part of the event which involves the most chance, which isn't something that most players will even be affected by, then go ahead. But I was talking about the average player, who won't even bother to try and get that #1 spot, and therefore won't have to put up with the constant "random" failures that were the source of a considerable amount of anger in the last event.

Fluvisol

Phrourach
this is/was generally one of my favs... have you looked a the troops?
"Seems a kick in the crotch with a frozen mukluk"...to play for rewards that are about 1/2 of what I would get for a daily bonus or the opposite end.. seems no balance on the troops levels...
#7- 8 griffins..280 pop
#9- 96 slingers

the greed being displayed by INNO is disconcerting..
my feeling is............ with number of events speeding up.. the costs going up and the rewards going down....
milking the cash cow before the butchers block comes to mind
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif
Would this not be the opposite of what you're saying?
Bigger rewards -> more incentive to spend gold -> more gold spent
And on top of that bigger rewards also mean a more unbalanced game

Let's take 2 situations, situation one the tokens do not scale with player size (pandora event style) and situation two they do
There is a 2 hour grif token in this event, let's use that one
I'll go with speed 4 since that's my current world, meaning they would give 4 grifs per hour in situation 1 and 16 per hour in situation 2

Situation 1
Player A does not use gold and gets the token 3 times before the event ends
That is 24 grifs, with my current favour production on Helio that is roughly 48 hours worth of favour

Player B spends 5k gold to get the token 9 times
That's 72 grifs, or 144 hours (6 days) worth of favour

Player A can build in 4 days time what Player B gained with gold

Situation 2
Player A gets the token 3 times again
This is now 96 grifs, which is 8 days worth of favour

Player B gets it 9 times again, for 5k gold
That is now a whopping 288 grifs, or 24 days of favour

Player A now needs 16 days to catch up with player B because player B used gold

Conclusion
In situation 1 gold is worth less, meaning it's less tempting to spend it
It's also easier for non gold users to catch up to the gold users

Also for me the rewards seem to be scaling? My grif token is 2 hours of 16 griffin. Pretty happy that it's not the ridiculous 5 hour grif and 7 hour mantis from last time personally, the game was unhinged for weeks on end with those and you could barely hold sieges unless you had a massive stack

DeletedUser4945

Since I gave such negative feedback for Pandora's Box, just thought I'd give some positive feedback for S vs H. What a difference in the frustration level! While spending gold speeds things up, there's no reason why players who don't spend can't make it to the end in the time available. Rewards are reasonable and the playing is fun. Definitely my favorite event.