Spartan Assassins 2020 Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Starting on Monday the 18th the Spartan Assassins event will begin and will run until the 5th of June. Feel free to post any feedback about the event here.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
I have noticed an issue that will likely completely ruin the event and bring about the end of Grepolis...

...Your invading Roman army has its legionaries in lorica segmentata which is absurd, as Rome conquered Greece long before that armour was put into use.

I would suggest reading "Taken at the flood" by Robin Waterfield if anyone wants to learn about how the Romans subsumed the Greeks. It's a great read.

Last edited:

curadh

Phrourach
Not sure that the calculations made on this are correct .. 120 is no where near even achieving the second Community Award with only 7 days of event left?

DeletedUser55889

Same thing with En124, except we are not going to reach the #2 or #3

DeletedUser57118

Could yall allow slingers to be in the shop and not DLU.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
Very poor, poor rewards too much focus on making as much money from this as possible, no realistic chance to actually benefit from this at all, compared to other events this is the worst one, remains the same year in year out

kingpg28

Phrourach
took us 2 weeks to hit 960k points in en125.. i truly believe we will reach the final goal.. 600k from reward 3.... just push your server to spend their lifetime savings on gold then we can hit it

Hydna

Grepolis Team
I have reported what is happening to the developers. The calculating was supposed to adjust the targets to make them challenging but achievable. I have checked all of en and I can see the issue. Part of the problem is that you are genuinely not playing this competition as much as usual.

curadh

Phrourach
Of course it isn't being played as much, only for the armour rewards as the shop rewards are barely worth having let alone paying gold to get. We have players that have spent gold every day on this and still a long way from getting more than one of the armour rewards (which themselves have diminished over the years) everyone had the chance to get 2 Divine Senses for each collection when this event first came our .. now if you are VERY lucky and spend a lot of gold you are fopped off with 3 Heightened Senses and a single Divine Senses.

DeletedUser55889

I agree -- I don't know why there was such a high expectation for this event. In past previous events, it was never this hard to unlock all armour sets & all community objectives.

I spent gold on this and still no where near the other two rewards.
b8ccb2e1d7890e4e6d47a21886010379.jpg

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
I have reported what is happening to the developers. The calculating was supposed to adjust the targets to make them challenging but achievable. I have checked all of en and I can see the issue. Part of the problem is that you are genuinely not playing this competition as much as usual.

Yes because unrealistic goals crap store crap rewards, if the rewards were better would be more of an incentive as it is you have made it poor so as to try and get us to spend more gold on them which hasnt happened, Cant think Why!!!

curadh

Phrourach
No update on this!!!! Server 120 not even target for 3rd award will be achieved in spite of players paying a lot of gold in a forlorn attempt to get armour pieces ... some players still need multiple pieces to even complete one collection let alone the 3. It would be interesting to know how many got collections without spending a lot of gold. Either make targets achievable for all players (whether they use gold or not) or stop taking players money under false pretences or put a post on every event at the start warning players that they need deep pockets to get anything and that all targets posted are likely to be unobtainable on most if not all servers.

I see that another event with community awards is now being tested on beta and so shortly Innos will be asking for players to empty their pockets yet again ... and then I guess be surprised when players don't spend money participating!!!!

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Thanks for bringing your feedback to us about the Community Goals on Spartan Assassins. As you know, this feedback was passed to our developers and game designers, who reviewed the calculations. I know it has taken some time but we wanted to look at exactly what happened to improve for the future.

We would like to share this message from our developers which gives some insight into things.

After hearing initial feedback from players, we have confirmed the calculation was correct, and was working as expected. The main reason for the Community Goals calculation method change was we intended to make them truly challenging, but not entirely unreachable. Prior to this event, the Community Goals were static boundaries. This meant that in some cases (smaller worlds on smaller markets, newer worlds etc.) it was impossible to reach any of the goals. The calculation was redesigned to work based on participation in the event within the world.

As this event has progressed, its become clear that we need to revisit the balancing of the new calculation method to also consider factors such as event length, as this isn't always the same for all events of this type. In our minds, we wanted worlds to reach at least the 3rd Community Goal, with most managing to earn the 4th, and really active worlds managing to also get the 5th goal, as recognition for their hard work. To reiterate, these are supposed to be hard to obtain, and giving them out to all worlds for relatively low participation in the event wasn't really how they were intended to work.

With this in mind, we've opted to give out Community Goals 3 and 4 to worlds on all markets. The script to deliver these spells will be issued during office hours on the last day of the event (5th June). What you may wonder is why we didn't adjust the goals during the event? Well this is simply because in order for us to really understand what went wrong here, we had to allow the event to run its course, so we had reliable data to review going forward.

We've already written into our planning to revisit the calculation of these goals, so future versions of the event will have a better and more fair delivery of the rewards for people's efforts. We wanted to take this opportunity to once again thank you for your feedback on this topic, and apologize for any upset this has caused to you and your fellow players.

curadh

Phrourach
So basically you are saying that it was Innos intention from the start to screw players in this event .. anyone not paying vast amounts of gold hasn't a hope of getting anywhere ... nice policy !!! I hope players remember this attitude for future events and keep their wallets tightly shut.

I was lucky and did complete all 3 collections (but of course I spent gold) ... what about the many players that can't do that (and considering that many are on reduced incomes due to the world wide Covid19 crisis) not in a position to buy gold if they wanted to feed it into Innos coffers. Many players that have spent gold EVERY DAY of event still aren't even close to completing collections ... still its nice to have it made completely clear the position of Innos and their clear and transparent policy of screwing as much money as possible out of their customers

Please put in BIG BOLD letters at the beginning of every future event 'This event is intended to make as much money as possible whilst delivering the least benefit to any but massive gold spenders .. if you don't have gold then don't bother'

Hydna

Grepolis Team
No that is not what has been said here. The Community awards, which is what this post was really about, are shared by all no matter what they spend.

The competition is not supposed to be easily won. It is a challenge and some rewards are harder to achieve than others. The final collection in this competition has always been difficult but a lot is based on luck.

There are many easily obtainable awards here whether you spend gold or not. You have 10 free daily arrows as a minimum for 20 days in a row and this gives everyone the chance for a number of rewards and everyone the chance for at least 1 special prize, maybe more based on luck.

The event is now having a full review and since it was left to run we have accurate data on what really happened which we will examine closely.