Spartan Showdown Discussion Thread

DeletedUser8790

Oh I see BP only eh. You play in your own world and do what ever then they tally points, Not a world of head to head, You know you could do this right now with some simple math :)

DeletedUser36436

Let's be honest here, we are only doing this for the forum titles :p
I don't like playing the game with the current p2w stuff.

Does attacking your own/ friendly alliance troops count as cheating/breaking the ingame rules??

DeletedUser31385

Does attacking your own/ friendly alliance troops count as cheating/breaking the ingame rules??

You could have an inactive and you don't want the enemy to know he is inactive. Why let the enemy get the BP?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3303

love the fact that you are dividing the bp with cities to come up with a average bp total, mkes it much more fair

DeletedUser42118

If nothing can be done to stop bp from being given away this hole thing is 100% pointless

DeletedUser3303

would help if they can prevent that some how, especially for the players with worlds nearing ww, cos lots want to switch to def anyway

DeletedUser42118

Put 50 players v 50 players into a new world (revolt speed 2) with a start of 50 cities per player, 10 cities EN and 10 cities US per island and it would show who was the better players/server. All out war (you would not be able to sleep)

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
would help if they can prevent that some how, especially for the players with worlds nearing ww, cos lots want to switch to def anyway

forgive me to spoil the fun with my suggestion lol.

this is what u need to do.

if u playing a word with 500+ friends let say world 73 is a ideal feeding ground and 81 aswell, you ask everybody you know, i think i can gather 300 players sending easy 2k fts thats indeed 600k fts use the dubble bp and do te math, ofcours if city numbers count u ask first to be stripped from all your cities except 1, u ned only 1 push to get you the win :)

DeletedUser3303

Put 50 players v 50 players into a new world (revolt speed 2) with a start of 50 cities per player, 10 cities EN and 10 cities US per island and it would show who was the better players/server. All out war (you would not be able to sleep)

put 50 players from EU and 50 From US, into a world with only 1 small ocean 10 cities per a player, no founding or gold (par premium) so theres only 1000 cities in total, then fight till one side has all the cities. city placement should be completely random

DeletedUser42118

if u playing a word with 500+ friends let say world 73 is a ideal feeding ground and 81 aswell, you ask everybody you know, i think i can gather 300 players sending easy 2k fts thats indeed 600k fts use the dubble bp and do te math, ofcours if city numbers count u ask first to be stripped from all your cities except 1, u ned only 1 push to get you the win :)

Boring and ruins any sort of competition

Why not call it who can earn the most free bp

DeletedUser38464

Gold won't help you here, you cannot buy BP. I think only Eric would do so as he has a bunch of goons who follow his every command.

You may not be able to buy bp, but gold helps in every way. In this case, it will help with faster recruitment, not only in speeding up the recruitment time itself but also buy resources with the gold to afford the troops. The more troops=bigger offence/defense= more bp (depending if you actually know how to play the game).

DeletedUser3303

don't think anyone will give up there cities for this event lol

DeletedUser3303

if I wanted to , I could ask my alliance and pact partners to kill off there offence on my cities, cos its nearing WW on sinope and everyone wants to be turtle and ww ready, so they will all be willing

DeletedUser8790

put 50 players from EU and 50 From US, into a world with only 1 small ocean 10 cities per a player, no founding or gold (par premium) so theres only 1000 cities in total, then fight till one side has all the cities. city placement should be completely random

Now that sounds like fun!

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ok I'll start to address the complaints.

Crimson has a complicated formula worked out so it isn't just total BP gained, it takes into account world speed, cities, and even morale.
If you want to just have people suicide troops onto your city that's fine, it breaks no ingame rules.
We can't just start a new server for this as that would cost a bunch of money and this is just a community manager run event, meaning we have limited ability to do things. This is not some official Inno event.
If you don't like the competition and think it is a plain bad idea, well then I appreciate the feedback but nobody is making you take part. This is for the people who like the idea and would like to try it.

Now 50 people per team is a little limited but this is mainly because it's a sort of trial run and we hope it goes well so that maybe in the future we can run it again on a larger scale and possibly with more servers taking part.

DeletedUser47128

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just want to make a name for myself out of this lol.

My question though is how do you know if you made the 50 members or not?
:pro:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38464

Will you be taking the best of who applied, which would be better in representing our server, or the first who apply? I'm not big in Zancle with only six cities but would still like to participate without dragging down our server. Kind of puts a player like me in between a rock and a hard place.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I thought it was a team of US players vs a team of EN players. We can't do the two servers competing against each other using all of the players on each server as that poses some problems. The biggest being amount of time it would take to actually run that competition.

Zarun-

Strategos
Probably too late to change, but I must've missed the discussion on how this would be scored.

Total BP gained over the duration? It should be averaged out to BP per cities instead.

Players on older worlds will have a far bigger advantage and that's kind of unfair as there have been more high speed worlds on US lately than there have been on EN.

They have like 4 speed 3 (or higher) releases to our one. They definitely have the advantage as far as world settings go, and where established veterans will have a bunch of cities.

Averaging rather than counting totals would be the only way to nullify that advantage.