Inactive Topic Special Building

• Thread starter DeletedUser22115
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Shouldn't the cooldown be based on troop speed not world speed?

DeletedUser20429

Hmm now it's just a vote to see if we want World or Troop speed. :D Oh boy I wish I could create polls. Oh well I am sure when Phoenix comes back from Vacation that he could add a poll to this thread :)

@Horus sorry about the PM. I haven't had 1 minute to relax lately. If I am not on here while doing research I'm busy doing School Assignments. Gotta love year 10. Anyways I'll get around to it.

DeletedUser

Moving to Developments where this belongs. :)

Yeah, Phoenix will be adding the polls as I don't want to mess anything up. :)

I'll be moving to the appropriate sections getting them ready for him though.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

Yes, never research it, because it is a waste of research points. If acceleration of a spies movement is added as a secondary function to a level 2 oracle, then how is this even comparable? You're giving up 30 pop to handicap an enemies ability to spy on you considerably, and gain more movement from your spy.

Please clarify as to why it is any different logic to say "I will not increase the level of my oracle because it would seem to be a waste of free population, there is a cap on how much free population my city can have, and I think it would be better spent elsewhere" than to say "I will not research espionage because it would seem to be a waste of research points, there is a cap on how many research points my city can have, and I think they would be better spent elsewhere"?

DeletedUser

Please clarify as to why it is any different logic to say "I will not increase the level of my oracle because it would seem to be a waste of free population, there is a cap on how much free population my city can have, and I think it would be better spent elsewhere" than to say "I will not research espionage because it would seem to be a waste of research points, there is a cap on how many research points my city can have, and I think they would be better spent elsewhere"?

...because it is a secondary benefit of a level 2 oracle, the first being a reduction in an enemies ability to spy. If you had two equally great things for a level 2 oracle, it would likely make it overpowered. I cannot believe I am having to spell this out for you. It is literally that simple and your argument is pointless.

DeletedUser

Sorry, didn't see this:
Both the above ideas combined would be balanced for a level 2 oracle, there is also a Cryptography research which has a similar effect in practice to what DetroitLeprechaun suggested, but they can be stacked as well.

DeletedUser20429

Oops..I must have forgot...Moving now. :)

We're all human. We forget things :D. That's alright though. I like how your keeping the place tidy too. It's looking better than it was by a longshot.

DeletedUser

Im happy with this idea. I rarely use special buildings, so I wouldnt be upgrading them anyway but if I did I would be happy doing so. I dont believe that it would be a big change programming wise to do so, but they may have some things that are fixed that would need reprogramming (programming wise it wouldnt have levels, they would need to create them).

DeletedUser31385

Most of this is outdated as hero worlds no longer exist, theatre plays will be removed. I would just wait til after 3.0 and see what happens.

DeletedUser5819

Most of this is outdated as hero worlds no longer exist, theatre plays will be removed. I would just wait til after 3.0 and see what happens.
Really?
I musta missed something big here.
I know Hero worlds were going to become just normal worlds, but were reprieved from WWs.
Can you link to the announcement of the demise of theatres please?

DeletedUser31385

Its on the devs blog, 3.0. The building itself wont be removed, just the procession. The theatre will now just reduce the costs of city festival to 15k stone and 12k for the others.
Rebalancing 3.0

DeletedUser

Thought you would have seen that, seeing as the dev blog is nearly as old as you are.

The re balancing was posted an awful long time ago, I feel like it may change again lol.

DeletedUser5819

Thanks figtree.
The long timescales make it easy to forget which iteration of changed minds things were left at last.

DeletedUser31385

You are welcome, 3.0 will be coming sooner than we think.