Passed Special Buildings Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31385

Proposal: Add more special buildings and change the bonus of existing ones.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have checked and the ones I saw were about upgrading the buildings.

Reason:
Some of the buildings never get used and I believe this may solve that problem.

Details:
Current Special Buildings
Merchants shop: Resources flow into your city through trading resulting in a 25% increase in resource production.

Oracle: Through the oracle, you can see parts of the future. This results in 10% increased attack strength.

Divine Statue: Same bonus

Tower: Same bonus

Lighthouse: Same bonus

Library: By building a library you can share some of your researches with all your other cities in that ocean. You may select 5 per library.

Thermal Baths: Same

Theater: Decreases the costs of city festival by 20%

New Special Buildings
There are only 6 of these buildings. (note these buildings are worth 1000 points each. They cost 60 pop.)

Aqueducts: Increases the militia by 15%

Cellar: By digging a cellar in the warehouse, you can store 5000 more resources.

Diplomatic center: By building a diplomatic center, you negotiated a deal with farming villages. You will receive 20% more resources when demanding/looting from farming villages.

Lyceum (higher education school): Civilians learn how to manufacturer new weapons. Militia strength increased by 10%

Acropolis: By building the acropolis, the island has a safe haven in-case of outside invaders. Farming villages will give 50% more units with 25% less mood being taken away.

Merchant's Landing: Another Phoenician Merchant (He was sweet talked by his wife) comes to trade with your city, and goes in between cities like the normal one. Also, the Phoenician Merchant's deals are 15% lower cost to you while giving you 25% more.
Limit 5 Extra Merchants! You can still build this building after reaching the limit, but only the discount would affect the city.

*this took some research and time, if values are too high please let me know.

Visual Aids:
X

Balance:
The original SP buildings must be built before these new ones can be built. (You can have 2 of these)

Abuse Prevention: Can't really be abused.

Summary: Change bonuses of current SP buildings and make some new SP buildings.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8396

Aqueduct - WAAAAY too OP. Make Thermals useless...

Cellar - Seems ok. Maybe a slight debuff.

Diplo Center - Seems good to me.

Lyceum - 20% seems a bit high.

DeletedUser31385

15 or 10%?

Also note these buildings do not take away from the originals as 2 of the 4 new ones can be built alongside the current ones.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8396

15 or 10%?

Also note these buildings do not take away from the originals as 2 of the 4 new ones can be built alongside the current ones.

Ah, ok then. My suggestions:

Aqueducts: Increase militia by 15%
Cellar: 5000 increase
Diplo: Fine as is
Lyceum: 10%

DeletedUser49358

I like it so far and agree with pebbles suggestions and I would also like to suggest another special building to add if I may.

The Acropolis: Building the acropolis opens up negotiations with the civilians of your island and thus allows you to complete island quests without military conflict or bloodshed along with village revolts.

Basically whenever you have an island quest and you chose the side the requires you to either kill units or provoke an attack you are able to complete the island quest without a battle and collect the reward. Of course this would be at the cost of battle points but I wanted to add this because cities that are LS/Bireme/Trireme nukes often don't have the land units to complete quests like these (one in particular "A Theater from Outside" requires you to either attack or defend an attack) and you have to wait out the timer for the island quest to expire if you can't finish it.

Maybe not the most useful special building but I think the option would nice. Also I would probably reduce the requirements to build this special building compared to the others or maybe add a buff to put it on par with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

I will consider your suggestion, I accepted a pebble's.

Varun

Strategos
I like it so far and agree with pebbles suggestions and I would also like to suggest another special building to add if I may.

The Acropolis: Building the acropolis opens up negotiations with the civilians of your island and thus allows you to complete island quests without military conflict or bloodshed along with village revolts.

Basically whenever you have an island quest and you chose the side the requires you to either kill units or provoke an attack you are able to complete the island quest without a battle and collect the reward. Of course this would be at the cost of battle points but I wanted to add this because cities that are LS/Bireme/Trireme nukes often don't have the land units to complete quests like these (one in particular "A Theater from Outside" requires you to either attack or defend an attack? and have to wait out the timer for the island quest to expire.

Maybe not the most useful special building but I think the option would nice. Also I would probably reduce the requirements to build this special building compared to the others or maybe add a buff to put it on par with them.

Acropolis is really a good idea. But please Lyceum is too op. You already have reduction in unit times in the tech tree.

Also, you need to mention after what building requirements do your new buildings pop up.

DeletedUser31385

Acropolis is really a good idea. But please Lyceum is too op. You already have reduction in unit times in the tech tree.

Also, you need to mention after what building requirements do your new buildings pop up.

Acropolis is being added, and Lyceum is being redone. Building requirements are listed in the balance section.

DeletedUser49197

Proposal: Add more special buildings and change the bonus of existing ones.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have checked and the ones I saw were about upgrading the buildings.

Reason:
Some of the buildings never get used and I believe this may solve that problem.

Details:
Current Special Buildings
Merchants shop: Resources flow into your city through trading resulting in a 25% increase in resource production.

Oracle: Through the oracle, you can see parts of the future. This results in 10% increased attack strength.

Divine Statue: Same bonus

Tower: Same bonus

Lighthouse: Same bonus

Library: By building a library you can share some of your researches with all your other cities in that ocean. You may select 5 per library.

Thermal Baths: Same

Theater: Decreases the costs of city festival by 20%

New Special Buildings
There are only 4 of these buildings.

Aqueducts: Increases the militia by 15%

Cellar: By digging a cellar in the warehouse, you can store 5000 more resources.

Diplomatic center: By building a diplomatic center, you negotiated a deal with farming villages. You will receive 20% more resources when demanding/looting from farming villages.

Lyceum (higher education school): You learn on how to manufacturer weapons quicker. Unit training times are reduced by 10%

*this took some research and time, if values are too high please let me know.

Visual Aids:
X

Balance:
The original SP buildings must be built before these new ones can be built. (You can have 6 total)

Abuse Prevention: Can't really be abused.

Summary: Change bonuses of current SP buildings and make some new SP buildings.
I like this idea very much, I'll admit that I almost always will either build Thermal Baths, Tower, and sometimes (rarely) Divine Statue...

Basically whenever you have an island quest and you chose the side the requires you to either kill units or provoke an attack you are able to complete the island quest without a battle and collect the reward. Of course this would be at the cost of battle points but I wanted to add this because cities that are LS/Bireme/Trireme nukes often don't have the land units to complete quests like these (one in particular "A Theater from Outside" requires you to either attack or defend an attack? and have to wait out the timer for the island quest to expire.

I like this too, hope this is added...

DeletedUser31385

Any ideas for another SP building? My goal is to get 6 total.

DeletedUser49197

How about: Guard-tower

Your civilians have guards, which help alert the city of incoming attacks.

50% of the time, when an attack is incoming, militia is automatically enlisted.

Would not come into effect during a siege...

Would help when you are offline...

DeletedUser49197

Maybe a little too good... Maybe add that only 1/2 of the militia would be enlisted, as their ruler is not awake to alert the whole city... ;)

DeletedUser31385

Already have 2 militia buildings, I just want something different. Tower and Guard-tower would be confusing.

DeletedUser31385

I am trying to think up of an idea for #6. It must be a naval building.

DeletedUser49197

How about something like the tower but for ships... But, then there is the lighthouse...

DeletedUser31385

How about a device that lifts ships out of the water and crushes them?

Status
Not open for further replies.