Passed Special Myth Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: To give each myth unit special capabilities and/or buffs.

Have I checked the lists?: This is based off of Cyclopults, but is unique in that it focuses on all myth units.

Details: While the idea of Cyclopults (Cyclops having catapult wall damage) is excellent, the concept is much better in my opinion: giving myth units powers beyond attack and defense.

That is why I made this. Here are my ideas for special myth unit powers. Some ideas you may not like. The comments is your area to voice disapproval and couple it with an alternative. My initial thoughts:

Minotaur: +1% luck per Minotaur, up to a maximum increase of 5%
Manticore: +1% to any sharp damage per Manticore, up to a maximum increase of 7%
Cyclop: Can destroy walls like catapults (credit to Cyclopults thread)
Hydra: Increases ship speed by 1% per Hydra up to 7%; Hydra takes speed of slowest ship
Harpy: Reduces wall effectiveness by 0.5% per Harpy, up to 5%
Medusa: Increases time required to conquer or revolt a city by 0.25% per Medusa, up to 5%
Centaur: Increases wall effectiveness by 0.25% per Centaur up to 5%
Pegasus: Capable of defending at any city, no matter the god worshiped
Cerberus: If present in the city at time of enlistment, 1% more city guard per Cerberus up to 10%
Erinys: Enemy defense decreases by 0.5% per Erinyes, up to 3%
Griffin: Steals 50 silver from the cave per Griffin, up to 500
Calydonian Boar: Decreases attackers luck by 0.75% up to 3%
Divine Envoy: Makes units feel warm and fuzzy inside because, deep down, they know they are not as useless as this unit.

Visual Aids: N/A

Abuse: This idea swings favor into the hands of attackers a bit. I doubt anyone will mind that facet.

Summary: If you like them all, great! If not, suggest improvements! If you hate this entire idea and want me to fall into a pit, mention the first half :p

Varun

Strategos
This would change the game dramatically. However, I do not see why not. The stats are balanced.

And that description about DE was like ...... xD

DeletedUser27128

All seem good except Peggies and Divine Envoys... Pegasus seem like too overpowering if they can defend any city.

And divine envoys still stay useless.

DeletedUser29066

If you hate this entire idea and want me to fall into a pit, mention the first half :p

I'm thinking. How deep would the pit be? Would there the sharpened stakes or poisonous snakes at the bottom?

DeletedUser29066

Actually I think his idea has merit, but the thought of the pit still intrigues me. Maybe there should be a Calydonean Boar at the bottom.

DeletedUser8396

All seem good except Peggies and Divine Envoys... Pegasus seem like too overpowering if they can defend any city.

And divine envoys still stay useless.

Divine Envoys likely won't get any special benefit as they are not really a myth unit (if we're honest). If you suggest a good one, however, (considering the others support it) I'll add it in.

What would you suggest for Pegs? I kinda liked the universal aspect of support for them.

DeletedUser

Divine Envoys likely won't get any special benefit as they are not really a myth unit (if we're honest). If you suggest a good one, however, (considering the others support it) I'll add it in..

Like the idea very much..grep should be a lot more about the myth units..as regards divine envoys..god I hate them but maybe if they had a 20% of regenerating after a battle defeat it would make them more relevant (stolen from the new rituals...)

DeletedUser35431

Proposal: To give each myth unit special capabilities and/or buffs.

Have I checked the lists?: This is based off of Cyclopults, but is unique in that it focuses on all myth units.

Details: While the idea of Cyclopults (Cyclops having catapult wall damage) is excellent, the concept is much better in my opinion: giving myth units powers beyond attack and defense.

That is why I made this. Here are my ideas for special myth unit powers. Some ideas you may not like. The comments is your area to voice disapproval and couple it with an alternative. My initial thoughts:

Minotaur: +1% luck per Minotaur, up to a maximum increase of 5%
Manticore: +1% to any sharp damage per Manticore, up to a maximum increase of 7%
Cyclop: Can destroy walls like catapults (credit to Cyclopults thread)
Hydra: Increases ship speed by 1% per Hydra up to 7%; Hydra takes speed of slowest ship
Harpy: Reduces wall effectiveness by 0.5% per Harpy, up to 5%
Medusa: Increases time required to conquer or revolt a city by 0.25% per Medusa, up to 5%
Centaur: Increases wall effectiveness by 0.25% per Centaur up to 5%
Pegasus: Capable of defending at any city, no matter the god worshiped
Cerberus: If present in the city at time of enlistment, 1% more city guard per Cerberus up to 10%
Erinys: Enemy defense decreases by 0.5% per Erinyes, up to 3%
Griffin: Steals 50 silver from the cave per Griffin, up to 500
Calydonian Boar: Decreases attackers luck by 0.75% up to 3%
Divine Envoy: Makes units feel warm and fuzzy inside because, deep down, they know they are not as useless as this unit.

Visual Aids: N/A

Abuse: This idea swings favor into the hands of attackers a bit. I doubt anyone will mind that facet.

Summary: If you like them all, great! If not, suggest improvements! If you hate this entire idea and want me to fall into a pit, mention the first half :p

Hate to say it, but I like it. It would be great. But a cyclops would do a massive damage to a wall. A catapult has only 100 damage and it only takes about 2 catapults to take out one or two levels. So that would mean one cyclops can take out ten levels of wall. That would be over kill. So it should be like, catapults do 5% more damage when attacking with cyclops.

DeletedUser29066

At first I was inclined to agree with you, but the more I thought about the more I figured Why Not? If you can attack a city using Myth units from any God, why not defend also? To address any concerns about defenders having too much of an advantage the defensive attributes of Myth units could be reduced by 5% (or even 10%) when defending cities of a God other than their own.

DeletedUser31385

At first I was inclined to agree with you, but the more I thought about the more I figured Why Not? If you can attack a city using Myth units from any God, why not defend also?

I do think that defenders should be able to defend with any mythical unit they want. This is a good idea, I cant really say any suggestions at the point.

DeletedUser29066

Yah, 10% is probably excessive, but 5% seems reasonable

DeletedUser8396

Yes, 5 is much more reasonable. Any myth units should be able to defend a town just as any may attack.

While I agree, I doubt Inno will change that fact and, if they do, they won't decrease effectiveness. It may have worked, but it sounds silly and complicates things overall.

However, I don't doubt at all that they'd allow a single unit to do so for a special ability.

DeletedUser31385

I know, they most likely will keep the defense thing the same. I really want all myth units to be able to defend though.

DeletedUser44167

I really like this one
Tho shouldn't it be decrease instead of increase
City occupied by hideous snake headed witches would lose the will to resist

Flying myths already have a special ability
Flying
That is why they are so popular
No transports needed No danger of losing them to a watery grave

They not so bad now
And they can defend any city
Cant they?
Never really tried it :p

Hydra: They swim under water so can not be spotted using "Wisdom" and if attack contains only Hydras the attack does not show on enemy attack radar. Surprise attack!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44785

I like it a lot and i would want this idea implemented while it changes the game dramatically it also puts a more useful point on mythical units. Onto nickry's earlier comment cyclops should be the same as a catapult ratio on how many wall levels it destroys. 1 cyclops=1 wall level.

DeletedUser27128

What would you suggest for Pegs? I kinda liked the universal aspect of support for them.
Good question. I was thinking that maybe there could be something like each Pegasus gives a 0.5% sharp defense bonus to all troops.. so if there are 50 Pegs, there is a 25% increase in the sharp defense stat for all the troops in the city (exculding the Pegasus though).

Numbers can be changed if they sound a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.