Speed 1 and Gold

DeletedUser44024

I don't post on the externals very often and this will probably get ripped to bits and turned in to another thread for insulting gold users, but I thought I would throw my view out there.

GOLD.....We all love to have it, and we all use it....you might purchase it,trade for it or win it on the daily event but when you get it , you use it. All over these threads I see people complaining about The Syndicate using gold to gain an unfair advantage and that they will just buy their way to victory. So?? They obviously have members with the financial clout to do this. They are not cheating, not abusing a game bug....they are using the resources they have available, all within the game rules to achieve victory....something we would all probably do if we had the finances spare. We are all human, we are all gamers and we all like to win. Gold is part of the game....and any game has different difficulty settings...joining a speed 1 world when you know The Syndicate are joining is the same as any other world with the difficulty setting to hardcore. If you don't buy gold, or not enough to keep instant building..then I suggest a speed 3 or 4 world, where resources are easy to come by and build times are quick.

I will finish with a request to Inno Games....please, please give us just one world, disable all gold purchasing, disable all gold trading and disable all events. I would love to see that world, I would love to be part of that world and I would love to see all the big premades join. Now that would be a true test and perhaps we would finally be able to name an alliance as the best on Grepolis. Would The Syndicate join...I would like to think so, because take away all their gold and they still have a group of very very good players who really do know how to play.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
I don't post on the externals very often and this will probably get ripped to bits and turned in to another thread for insulting gold users, but I thought I would throw my view out there.

GOLD.....We all love to have it, and we all use it....you might purchase it,trade for it or win it on the daily event but when you get it , you use it. All over these threads I see people complaining about The Syndicate using gold to gain an unfair advantage and that they will just buy their way to victory. So?? They obviously have members with the financial clout to do this. They are not cheating, not abusing a game bug....they are using the resources they have available, all within the game rules to achieve victory....something we would all probably do if we had the finances spare. We are all human, we are all gamers and we all like to win. Gold is part of the game....and any game has different difficulty settings...joining a speed 1 world when you know The Syndicate are joining is the same as any other world with the difficulty setting to hardcore. If you don't buy gold, or not enough to keep instant building..then I suggest a speed 3 or 4 world, where resources are easy to come by and build times are quick.

I will finish with a request to Inno Games....please, please give us just one world, disable all gold purchasing, disable all gold trading and disable all events. I would love to see that world, I would love to be part of that world and I would love to see all the big premades join. Now that would be a true test and perhaps we would finally be able to name an alliance as the best on Grepolis. Would The Syndicate join...I would like to think so, because take away all their gold and they still have a group of very very good players who really do know how to play.

i've never saw so many players stop the game in 2015.

main reason, to many people uses BOTS, INNO cant do anything about it, so big players leaving.

another main reason, gold. you can be greedy and more greedy lol, many people Walked away, i believe today Inno has a lot less cliênts than a while ago before they got greedy.

About speed1, lol, gold or not, its a sim-world, if i tomorrow choose to stop fighting and use my gold for olympics and resourses for city festivals i grow 3x faster than if i actual would fight this server....

894ab935289c1d899d617183076cb5bf.png

13b597862f4e8a256044795d807127c5.png

d70fa7ae8faea2380267232810fe4c87.png

DeletedUser23413

The biggest gold spender in Grepo history cries about gold abusing :D
And didn't you lead the best simming alliance to win the Victor award while you lost all the major wars in Sinope, Erik?

It's not early to prepare an EXCUSE for your yet another miserably defeat here, I know you well :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser47144

I agree. It is not so much fun anymore playing Grepolis. I too stopped playing after they introduced 2000:50 gold ratio rule in the midst of Abdera which forces you to spend more to get the resources. And these gold based events are just too much to handle. I may join in some world in the future but difficult to get back the same competitiveness again with so much gold flowing around.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
The biggest gold spender in Grepo history cries about gold abusing :D
And didn't you lead the best simming alliance to win the Victor award while you lost all the major wara in Sinope, Erik? :pro:

Lol you stilL believe you are the centre of the universe at Sinope?
My major wars were securing 64/65 what i did, never cared about you or your team, never war you, u were 3 oceans away for sakes lol, you cared more than me.

unsure why u think i crying again, saying the things how they are is different than cry about it lol, or you wish i lie about those facts.... i doubt i am the biggest gold user, some are bigger, but using gold doesn't make me blind and silent does it?

DeletedUser22517

My friend TS was there when there was no gold, no events and still won.It is not about the gold but the way we use what we have, something most of modern era alliance will never understand.We had plan weeks before we joined this world, everything we do is planned in advance.If INNO open world without gold and settings are good for us we will join without any questions.

As for you Erik i really hope you stay in this world and don`t runaway like chicken.Your EN will finish WW soon, ask them to join.You and Blaze already have 1k coalition, why not add 2-300 players more?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23413

Ocean 44 was definitely more centre than Ocean 64/65. You count the victor award with Alpha/LoS/... helps, why don't you count the war they lost? Coming Soon's biremes were found in all the cities we took from them. And well, at the end, we invaded Ocean 65 and kicked your own @ss. You forget too easy Erik :cool:

Not crying about gold so what did you want when you post Balrog's LS nuke here? How about your 220 LS nukes when you attack Chill? Tell me if you build it without gold? Or you only cried that you couldn't even match him in your best skill: gold spending?

DeletedUser22217

Lol
Byzantium I believe was en26.
Balrog was number one again, and TS won again....
So stop moaning and stop blaming Gold for your problems.

And Erik, are my eyes seeing well?
Are you really complaining about gold? We had seen your legendary gold usage not once after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44024

Lol
Byzantium I believe was en26.
Balrog was number one again, and TS won again....
So stop moaning and stop blaming Gold for your problems.

And Erik, are my eyes seeing well?
Are you really complaining about gold? We had seen your legendary gold usage not once after all.

If you are going to reply to a thread at least read it properly first, at no point do I moan, at no point do I blame gold for my problems...in fact Inno gold would not be any use in solving any problems I have seeing as the only problems I have would be in real life and not in a game.
I was not around when TS won a pre gold world, so was unaware of the fact. Hats off to them, from what I have heard those days were a lot better than the current gameplay.

DeletedUser22217

It's just the way people enplane all with gold.

Erik and Blaze are also heavy gold users, why are all people jumping on TS about that?
This drives me crazy and maybe that is why my response was bit sharper.

I am regular to low gold spender , playing speed one and speed 4, and I can't really say I am spending more here. Even in speed 4 sometimes you need to instant build something...like wall or dlu :p.
I don't have the ambition to actually compare myself with players like Balrog, Joseph, even Erik and Blaze. I can't and I don't try to.

But it's not only gold and not only TS spending gold.
It's our amazing organization, where all help all no matter of rank and position.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Ocean 44 was definitely more centre than Ocean 64/65. You count the victor award with Alpha/LoS/... helps, why don't you count the war they lost? Coming Soon's biremes were found in all the cities we took from them. And well, at the end, we invaded Ocean 65 and kicked your own @ss. You forget too easy Erik :cool:

Not crying about gold so what did you want when you post Balrog's LS nuke here? How about your 220 LS nukes when you attack Chill? Tell me if you build it without gold? Or you only cried that you couldn't even match him in your best skill: gold spending?

Leo :

To remind you, a bit grepo history.

Did a team ever got a total victory without gold abuse?
Yes, world Rho, speed2, overthere the onyl gold people could use was captain , commander etc etc...
NO wall build, No troop build, only basic.

Olympics there was, but people didn't used them that much cause people had not much gold on the account cause u didnt need it for walls or troops.

Eviction notice yes.
Did another team done it before, no EN was first build 4 and 7 WW in history, you like or dislike it but it is what it is.
After many teams won 4 + 7 WW, some without pre-mades, some pre-mades....
But after Rho , the next generations are all won by gold, like it or dislike it.
yes i use or even abuse gold, hell sometimes i think i dont spend gold but diamants (E collor), but atleast i always can say, yes i was in Rho, despite i joined 3 months after it opend i had to fight myself a way inside EN, and dispite arriving late i managed to get inside the ranked20 players and ranked 8 fighters.

I know how to play without gold, do you?

if yes, do you miss those days, believe it or not , i miss them a lot cause i love tactics and politics much more than overkill goldabuse.

DeletedUser39822

Inno hooked everyone with an incredibly addictive game and then basically said your free trial is over, now start paying. Gold trading in theory could have been an improvement that benefited everyone. When first introduced you could trade 10 gold for 1k resources and everyone was happy. Then Inno woke up and realized those trade ratios stagnated the purchase of new gold from the Bank of Inno and set a 50 gold minimum.....on top of that they changed these ratios after worlds already started in more or less a bait and switch tactic. Anyways, mini rant over.

To address the topic as outlined. You are correct in the statement that we (TS) are using the resources available to us within the rules of the game but on the same token we are challenging ourselves by denying other resources available to us such as pacts and NAPS. The game has changed and probably not for the better and definitely not for the part time enthusiast.....I get what you are saying but you used TS as an example after being op'd by them and that can come across as sour grapes.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Inno hooked everyone with an incredibly addictive game and then basically said your free trial is over, now start paying. Gold trading in theory could have been an improvement that benefited everyone. When first introduced you could trade 10 gold for 1k resources and everyone was happy. Then Inno woke up and realized those trade ratios stagnated the purchase of new gold from the Bank of Inno and set a 50 gold minimum.....on top of that they changed these ratios after worlds already started in more or less a bait and switch tactic. Anyways, mini rant over.

To address the topic as outlined. You are correct in the statement that we (TS) are using the resources available to us within the rules of the game but on the same token we are challenging ourselves by denying other resources available to us such as pacts and NAPS. The game has changed and probably not for the better and definitely not for the part time enthusiast.....I get what you are saying but you used TS as an example after being op'd by them and that can come across as sour grapes.

I wish you guy a lot of fun overhere really i do lol, there are a lot ways to win or lose servers. here some examples of my own :

Rho : soldier, no gold, totall victory. Late arrival , 8th fighter.
Ithaca : first own alliance, started as fun, with 6 players, became nr 1, got beaten, merged inside my enemies enemies, so i beat them in the end lol , total victory.
Myonia : Leader, pre-made, total victory, ranked 1 fighter + attacker.
Eubea : got in premade, stepped out first week, made own team with 12 players, sailed 3 oceans out core, total victory. Ranked 1 in everything.
Ialysos : pre-made, got hospitalized for month, ops-leader after for a while, ended up in sim mode, enough for total victory, ranked 20 about, attackers top10 (in simming mode).
Sinope : joined with 5 people, no ambition but saw Poopstan, old friend, so merged, killed a large awesome pre-made what re opend the world for many, despite believing I killed that server, I believe I saved it! Not a total victory but a victory 4WW.

DeletedUser22517

I wish you guy a lot of fun overhere really i do lol, there are a lot ways to win or lose servers. here some examples of my own :

Rho : soldier, no gold, totall victory. Late arrival , 8th fighter.
Ithaca : first own alliance, started as fun, with 6 players, became nr 1, got beaten, merged inside my enemies enemies, so i beat them in the end lol , total victory.
Myonia : Leader, pre-made, total victory, ranked 1 fighter + attacker.
Eubea : got in premade, stepped out first week, made own team with 12 players, sailed 3 oceans out core, total victory. Ranked 1 in everything.
Ialysos : pre-made, got hospitalized for month, ops-leader after for a while, ended up in sim mode, enough for total victory, ranked 20 about, attackers top10 (in simming mode).
Sinope : joined with 5 people, no ambition but saw Poopstan, old friend, so merged, killed a large awesome pre-made what re opend the world for many, despite believing I killed that server, I believe I saved it! Not a total victory but a victory 4WW.

SimCity 1
SimCity 2
SimCity 3
SimCity 4
SimCity 5
SimCity 6

DeletedUser44024

No sour grapes on my half. The op was well organised and carried out..and gold does not buy that. I knew from my position on day one that I would eventually lose my first city, I could even see this op coming, too quiet for the last 48 hours..that usually means that troops and navy are being readied. Came as no surprise to find my city in revolt and finally taken.

DeletedUser51759

No sour grapes on my half. The op was well organised and carried out..and gold does not buy that. I knew from my position on day one that I would eventually lose my first city, I could even see this op coming, too quiet for the last 48 hours..that usually means that troops and navy are being readied. Came as no surprise to find my city in revolt and finally taken.

I mean I completely agree with you, very truthful and respectful opinion my friend. I wish u all the best.

DeletedUser23413

Never teach an en2 player about Grepo history Erik :D Not only you played and won gen 1 server.

DeletedUser42857

As someone who is in this world purely for gold trading (made about 8k so far) I can assure you, Syndicate are not the biggest gold spenders on the server.

One of their players spent a fair amount in the opening week of the server, but honestly, since that opening week Ive seen barely any trade from him (And there is logic, if youre budget is say 70k for the first two months, then spend most of it in week 1, get to conquest before anyone else, get an early lead pays off long term).

In fact, going through all my trades, and knowing what others in my alliance are doing as well, Syndi really arent spending that much, you could count on your fingers the number of players ive traded with from there.

Theres the odd time, a player will suddenly trade 3000 rock or wood or something, but im not seeing the same players day in day out on my trade list from Syndi.

Cant say the same of the Brotherhood mind you, or Barbarians.

But that aside, ive made heading for 10k on gold on this server just by trading. Gold i can spend on my main server. No reason why others cant do the same.

DeletedUser42857

ubea : got in premade, stepped out first week, made own team with 12 players, sailed 3 oceans out core, total victory. Ranked 1 in everything.

Steppout out, sailed 3 oceans from core?

Got butt handed to you, ran to rim

And #1 in BP by letting your teammates clear the cities while you went in late and got the good ratios and the transports. And lets not forget the double BP event where you strangely (along with a couple of others) managed to rack up about 1m bp in a day killing your own troops :D