Speed 1 and Gold

Achileus85

Phrourach
I am more than happy to fight you again in a non gold world if there ever be such.
If there will be one, we will met there I hope so. At least then I hope I will see a warrior. I do not want to offend you, but I do not see it now behind the gold, as I already said. Right now it looks like guys from modern era beating guys from stone age.
And by the way - I am using gold too! In Emporion I have spent about a 2000-2500 gold. Did about 8-10 instant buys to get buildings in next level, using all advisors, one day spin wheel 2 more times to get mantis (100+200)... In evenings I loot villages (with forced loyalty) every 10 minutes, farm all farms around, so with resources I had no problems. But with all of this only now I am moment, when I am going for my second city, until you have several full-built cities! Can I please know how much gold you needed to get it so fast?
And - please remember buddy, that in first posts I did not blame TS, I only use them as a example to show that instant buy ruined the game. There is no more good players and noobs as it were before. There now is only a hardcore gold users in one side, and medium gold users & no gold users in another...

DeletedUser23413

You are wrong, its the battle between skilled gold users and noobish gold users. You should have seen people and alliances who was topping the rank in the first week lost cities here. Then it came to organization and skills. We don't count the city I took from your academy. It was just because of its location, not for a show off.

DeletedUser22517

Let me tell you one story about first real OP against me. In Eta, many years ago, I was OPed by top1 alliance. I was left alone with my 80 cities against about 20-30 same size players. In 4 days I receive few hundred attacks every day to all my cities. Yes, I lost half of my cities, but in those days I sunk about a 50 attacker's CS, and thousands of land troops, mostly by sniping, sniping and sniping, almost without sleep those days. Got some "defender of day" rewards also. After that OP few of attackers send me messages, they said that I am best defender they have ever seen. They offer me to join their alliance as my were defeated totally and were disbanded (that was a MRA, but I did not left it earlier because I can't turn my back to peoples that helped me in hard times, loyalty, you know...). I join them. I did not use even one coin of gold then.
And now some hardcore gold user saying that he would defeat me without gold, lol. Yes, of course in this situation I would not live longer than one OP, what can I do with one 4k city against your 360 LS nukes and hordes of manticores? But I already said - you can say me that you are best player ever born in this world, I do not see it behind the heaps of gold. Your excuses is that at least you know how to use a gold? Oh well...

Few hundreds attacks 4 fays in a row, WOW!
No way that is not possible!Really?This is the first time a hear about something like this.Do you have recorded, i want to see how does that look?

DeletedUser51759

Ok this is comparing apple and oranges, this is a team game if you dont have organization and ppl working together you can stop spending and playing right away, you can be the best defender or best attacker but if you dont have the team behind you in the long run you not gonna prospect.
Mungus is prolly one of the best defenders I've seen and knows game inside out, what really stands out with TS is organisation and teamwork ...
Leolis, Srgionis and few guys that are in TS now including mois played against TS in Zac and were defending against TS, let me tell you that is one of the hardest things. I remember Balrog trying to take the city from one of our guys and failed, he called it battle of Stalingrad because it was epic ...
Problem with every alliance is inactives and ppl who dont post when theyre attacked, with TS thats not the problem. You guys can make coalitions and talk how good you are individually but that doesnt cut it, problem lies within your team and leadership ...

DeletedUser

Heres the thing:

There isn't really anything TS can do to increase effectiveness in battle as you can't insta-buy resources or troops with the gold you have. But TS as a whole alliance went and spent more gold than other alliances at the beginning stages of the game. After that, it's just a domino effect. If you can build up 5x faster than everybody else, you'll have 5 cities when the next best player only has 2. And you continue multiplying and eventually you become exponentially better because you simply have more cities to launch troops from and more cities building up resources and demanding from farming villages. There is simply now way to defend against this no matter how good or bad a player is.

I think Inno should disable gold spending for the first couple weeks of a world and after that it would be much more fair to people who can't or choose not to spend money on gold.

I'm not denying that they aren't good players and they aren't an organized alliance because I've run an alliance that eventually won en60 that resembled what TS are doing so props to them, but they'd also have a much harder time if they weren't allowed to spend so much gold at the beginning of the server.

Achileus85

Phrourach
Few hundreds attacks 4 fays in a row, WOW!
No way that is not possible!Really?This is the first time a hear about something like this.Do you have recorded, i want to see how does that look?

I said few hundreds IN DAY. Even about a 2 months ago I got about 500 attacks in a day in Abdera when got OPed, it is nothing special.
Enough to laugh. Do you have something normal to say? I would love to see how do you could survive in that situation, without using a gold. Without help.

DeletedUser51759

Domino effect works only if you have a good team and teammates working together, I agree that its best to spend in the beginning and make a gap and that was our plan too.
Achilleus nobody cares how good you are and how many attacks you had against you, its not about one player no matter who he is and defending all alone against 800 attacks (it earns you dbp but what you gonna do with all that bp if you dont have alliance to back you up)
Now in TS we really have a lot of fun even outside the game (oldmex factor) and thats what its all about: have a good laugh, talk trash to your grepo friends and actually making friend in rl as well through the grepo) I mean thats why this game exists to socialize virtually and have some good and bad times if need be with your grepo friends.

Please dont talk how good or bad you are, lets talk about how good or bad your team is !

DeletedUser23413

First: more than one time the gold traders said TS are not the biggest spenders here. The Brotherhood, New Toons, Barbarians also have big spenders.
Second: Achilleus85, your old world experience means nothing. We are all veterans and we have many more stories to tell you but that doesn't matter. Instead of whining, you have two options: quit or go to work with your team and stop us. You have 500 players we only have 75. Your friend whytewn has just showed that my nukes are stoppable. If you spent time to build 20 more biremes each instead of whining you would bring us a better challenge.

Achileus85

Phrourach
I tell that story only to show that even without gold it is possible to play and win, I believe you guys do not know how do this is possible. Your team? Interesting is that until I have only one city, I still are in higher rank in attackers than some of your players with 4 or 5 cities. How does it come? Oh yes, someone of your team does not know how to get a CP and resources in another way instead of buying it with your higher god - gold.

I hope next time when we will talk you will learn the difference between whining and talking between peoples. My time here in forum does not affect my gameplay.

Best regards and wish you all, even Mungus, a Merry Christmas and happy New Year with new great opportunities in your lives.
I apologize if my english have a bad grammar or wrong words sometimes, it is not my native language. I am just a soldier not some translator or office worker.
Sincerely,
Martin.

DeletedUser49112

You're like Blaze or Tampaxpower lol

You dont need huge BP early in the game, just enough that you can keep up individual city growth and city count.

Also, an olympic is 24 hours to complete + it needs academy at 30. Out of 5 cities I can run 2 olympics every 24 hours. Do you really think its so easy to buy slots like that. Would take me over half a month per culture level

DeletedUser50935

In English football (soccer), a street team can play Manchester United or Chelsea in the first round of the FA Cup. The top teams still use their strong line up to show respect to the other competitor. You must be proud that I used all my troops to take your cities.
Prem teams only enter the FA cup in the 3rd round and said team would've had to prove their skills against other opposition (championship, league 1, league 2) so the chances are slim.

DeletedUser1405

I have been in this game a long time and people forever moan about Gold usage. It isn't going to change so why don't we just all get on with it.
If you don't like it go to One of those other Free games you know the Ones with thew slow servers, very few people around and not very good game play, there are plenty out there.
Just play the game and stop whinging.

DeletedUser48572

I have been in this game a long time and people forever moan about Gold usage. It isn't going to change so why don't we just all get on with it.
If you don't like it go to One of those other Free games you know the Ones with thew slow servers, very few people around and not very good game play, there are plenty out there.
Just play the game and stop whinging.

That's what they used to say about the difference between Xbox/PSN servers....

back when PSN server was free...i don't notice a difference when i play cod now then when i played it when it was free...

to be honest...is what it is...

Gold is what it is...

DeletedUser

Sorry I have nothing to add on arguments between the alliances here but it's funny to read players moan about gold users. I read players spending 100 - 1000 euros. That's a lot of gold. Everyone has access to gold. Don't have a credit card? Go to to your local store and buy Google play cards or Paysafe Cards. Heck you can top up your phone and pay by that. If you are very savvy you can get gold on the cheap. Look out for discounts on gift cards even. Personally, if i'm serious I would spend £100 for 100K gold.

DeletedUser1405

I am a small time user of Gold but to spend that amount of money is going some especially if you are just keeping it topped up all the time.
As i have said earlier, people make there own choices and instead of moaning at it in here where no One is going to listen just play the game and enjoy what you can.
Can't remember who or which worlds but i am sure i have seen worlds won by none Gold users so it can be done if people are prepared to put the time in.

DeletedUser

Gold isn't everything. I can't remember the players name but I fought a player twice as large as me. He used gold to build his cities quickly but once I launched a concentrated attack with my allies. He used gold to destroy his remaining cities just as fast. Allies win Grepolis, not gold.

DeletedUser50245

here are my observations:
(1) farm gold in a slow world and play in a faster world (3 to 4) if you're not planning to spend that much. i survived and thrived in abdera because of this;
(2) TS may be overspending gold, but everyone is after them ... i am in emporion and i saw a forum being shared by as many as 10 alliances or so, purely against TS (im just making an observation, so don't crucify me lol);
(3) and, if you intend to play in a slow world, start on the rims ... chances are there are fewer big spenders on the rim than in the core :D

DeletedUser44395

I will say I like the gold trade but hate the instant build part yes i have used it :)

Instant build has taking all strategy out of the game now everything has to be down by brute force and only those willing to spend $1000+ per server will be left standing Enno it killing itself with greed.

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
i was always thinking why nobody respect speed1 so i joined, it is boring, its noob, its simming, and long sleep hours, winning speed1 is as winning a regional competition instead the olympics, nobody cares except 1 eye king in land of the blind players such as Mungus.

DeletedUser48452

Speed 3 and 4 = For no skill players (you loose LS nuke 350LS , you rebuild LS nuke in 36h). Speed 4 is all about activity, nothing else. You do not need to have skill for speed 3, 4. In speed 3, 4 activity always beats skill.

Speed 2 is the best speed for me, you need to be active and you need yo have skill.

Speed 1 is all about skill and farming and you need to be active to farm other players so that you can build units fast. You can not afford yourself yo loose LS nuke just like that, it is not like in speed 4 where you you loose 350 LS nuke and rebuild that in 36 hours. In speed 1 you need to play smart and do not loose LS for nothing because you need a 10 days to rebuild LS nuke, even more.

Some players like Erik come to play speed 1 like he's playing speed 4 and then he say that no one respect speed 1. That is not true.
I saw erik reports where he loose hundreds of manticorse and hundreds of harpy attacking city with 25 wall and tower without catapults. City full of LDU.

That is typical speed 3 or 4 play, you can not play speed 1 like that. Without event and no matter how much gold you spend, you need weeks to rebuild that, it is not like in speed 3 or 4 where you can rebuild that in a few days.
In speed 1 you always need to calculate when is worth to loos that much flying units.

Erik is nothing else then a player without skill, but his activity and massive gold use compensates his lack of skill.

Last edited by a moderator: