Speed 1 and Gold

DeletedUser44395

I will also add I like what you guys are doing here i love the premade of active players. I have made it know I hate the MRA thing i hate trying to protect people who don't put forth the same effort i do but i guess it's part of the game. Some times you find a good fighter or 2 but not worth it IMO when you have to take in 75 people who dont care and only want to eat internals and and moan about not getting help clearing them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser52301

Of course everyone will have their own opinions on world speeds settings 1-4. I pretty much agree with Tastie and IGR8 on this...Like Mungus say: Activity is paramount in grepolis, whatever speed you play in. Only the gap between active and not so active players is more noticeable according to speed.

You can factor skill and tactics that will help you have the edge over your opponents and other players, but that applies to any speeds. If you can rebuild faster than you'll have advantage over your adversary whatever speed. Like everyone botless have experienced you do need a bit of luck too, with anti-timers and luck percentages.

My favourite is speed 2&3 and suits my fairly activity levels and RL/game balance. Speed 1&4 are ok but 1 being too slow and 4 too fast.

In speed 2-3 I do my usual RL (work/family/social/entertainment) stuff and can log-in 2-4 times a day put in 2-3 hours playtime to rebuild/farm/trade/attack/defend/post/etc. Will rebuild in a week ready for weekend when my activity peaks up a bit more and can unload my cities. Back to rebuild, and so on.

In 1 takes me 2 weeks to do above and 4 takes 3 days. Not the perfect balance for my gaming activity. Also gold and insta buy is making the game less competitive that being more noticeable in low speeds.

I could go on and on about tactics and skill but I will leave that to the pactless premade experts and mra's rocket scientists :p

DeletedUser22217

Very well said BlackPest.
Activity is most important, the team ofc, and the amount of gold you can spend no matter of the speed, because it gives advantage to any.
As for me, my last world was speed 4, its nice speed, but really when I got 70+ cities I started feeling pain while managing them.
There are really more important things that could be done in life then doing all those cities a few times a day...
Speed 4 exhausted me really and I need a rest from faster worlds for a while. So speed one is just awesomely great for me :).
I love the people in TS, I love
TS's tactics and leadership style and thinking, that's why any world that TS is is great for me!

DeletedUser44395

Also gold and insta buy is making the game less competitive that being more noticeable in low speeds.

This is the best quote I have read here well said this plays a huge factor in this server and it a reason TS got a huge start on everyone else they spent early (Very Smart Move). This server was the first time I had seen or heard about Insta buy so had no idea what I was walking into here :)

DeletedUser44395

I love the people in TS, I love
TS's tactics and leadership style and thinking, that's why any world that TS is is great for me!

I have mentioned to Chill that I would love to play the other side on a New Server I like what you guys are doing here but can not join you here due to having a RL friend that plays here and is friends with Toon leaders so I wont leave.

He never responded I assume he thought I was trying to get info or spying or whatever but I don't play that game, I think Spies are cheap tactic for those who are scared of a real fight. And yes I know EVERYONE uses them!

I obviously have been living in my little bubble and only recently started posting here I use to read Sinope forums once in awhile but after reading here I dont understand all the hate by either side lots talking and I feel like it's the Erik and Mungus who has the deeper pocket game show and we're just here to watch. Their are others who are spending gold like crazy as well but those 2 are doing the most trash talking.

Edit: Again Attack me please Tastie needs some Bps because Tastie needs a slot :)

DeletedUser29916

I have mentioned to Chill that I would love to play the other side on a New Server I like what you guys are doing here but can not join you here due to having a RL friend that plays here and is friends with Toon leaders so I wont leave.

He never responded I assume he thought I was trying to get info or spying or whatever but I don't play that game, I think Spies are cheap tactic for those who are scared of a real fight. And yes I know EVERYONE uses them!

I obviously have been living in my little bubble and only recently started posting here I use to read Sinope forums once in awhile but after reading here I dont understand all the hate by either side lots talking and I feel like it's the Erik and Mungus who has the deeper pocket game show and we're just here to watch. Their are others who are spending gold like crazy as well but those 2 are doing the most trash talking.

Edit: Again Attack me please Tastie needs some Bps because Tastie needs a slot :)

I was in VM and figured you would have heard that we will not play the new world by the time I read your PM Tastie. Would have definitely been fun playing alongside you for a change. TS has chosen to play speed 1 and a lot of us would not have played again if the world speed would have been any different. Worlds like Sinope can take up a lot of your time and we felt we need to spend some time in RL to balance it out instead of going on another 6 month-limited-RL sprea. Secondly ofcourse we wanted to play here for the tactics side and I can only imagine how much more gold would be spend in a speed 3 or 4 world.

DeletedUser44589

I would say less chill since you can build cities to fighting lvl much easier, so no need to buy res or instant build everything because it has a 16hr build time. At least for the regular players, big spenders will be about the same

DeletedUser44589

The main thing I like about speed 1 worlds is your mistakes here are deadly

DeletedUser39822

Good points all the way around. The speed four players are of the mind that speed one is for noobs and I can assure you that many speed one players have the same skill set as faster world players they just don't have the time.....or they have the time but maybe prioritize their life a little differently. If the new world that opens up in Feb is high speed the height of that world will be in mid summer....no thank you. I have seen self proclaimed higher speed Gods fail in lower speed worlds and then have the audacity to criticize that world as noobish so what does their failure make them?

As far as gold and to those who state it is the only reason players excel ........I wish it wasn't part of the game but unfortunately the powers that be made it a somewhat necessary evil. What it doesn't do is time your attacks, scout your targets, snipe, coordinate with your alliance mates, farm, provide support, etc....

You still need the skills.

DeletedUser42857

The main thing I like about speed 1 worlds is your mistakes here are deadly

See I learnt on speed 1 and tend to have taken the same playing style to faster worlds

On speed 1 is does take a long time to rebuild, so I tend to follow that and be a pure nuke, research target, send nukes in the right order, even on speed 4, while everyone else is just building mixed nukes and piling them in knowing they can be rebuilt over night. You can be a lot more gung ho in higher speeds, you can lose 15-20 LS nukes and have them rebuilt in a few days even without gold.

I prefer the skill levels needed for speed 1, and the importance placed on researching target, selecting the right troops, minimizing your losses etc. Its just so darned slow.

But having learnt on Speed 1, I do tend to play higher speeds like its speed 1

Where people fail on speed 1, is playing it like they would speed 3 or 4. They are very different beasts

DeletedUser

I would disagree with Speed 1 skills etc. The most hard and skilled players are in Conquest world that even Slow, Normal and Fast worlds need skills, but again everyone has there own Game Style. :D

DeletedUser22517

perhaps but you cannot deny a speed 1 world we speak about hundred active playeers, speed 3 thousends.

True but from those 3k 90% are noobs, still more active players in speed 3, no question about that.
What i am saying is that players who are used to speed 1 can play speed 3 without any problem but players from speed 3 can`t play speed 1.
It is totally different game in speed 1, everything must be prefect.In speed 3 you don`t need perfection you can just attack, knowing you gonna be rebuilt in 2 days.Yes you get more action but is is like cheap B production movie

DeletedUser42857

Maybe the people who dont like Syndicate spending gold.....

Should stop buying resources from them.

fgbSFyn.png

"Mwaaaah, Mungus golded his wall"

Well where do you think he got the gold from duh...

DeletedUser38465

Maybe the people who dont like Syndicate spending gold.....

Should stop buying resources from them.

fgbSFyn.png

"Mwaaaah, Mungus golded his wall"

Well where do you think he got the gold from duh...

I admit, I've been Munguss #1 customer the past couple days.

DeletedUser38400

cman, you all need to be honest. Speed 1 is so boring, with or without needing skill to play at this speed. its a good server, alot of good players. but the building time for the troops and building is so slow, its just killing me

DeletedUser22517

cman, you all need to be honest. Speed 1 is so boring, with or without needing skill to play at this speed. its a good server, alot of good players. but the building time for the troops and building is so slow, its just killing me

Use gold and insta finish :D

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
Seems pseed 3 has same amount people as speed1

my apologies that i said speed1 has no players.

sad my predictions are come true, greed killed this game :-(.

sad cause i love it.

Inno, if you read this, find a mix a balance (gold, winning, tactics , or you going down), sadly cause still think you guys have an awesome game!

endgame WW, i've posted hundred times to make it how it should !

DeletedUser41501

Yeah, last super active world was sinope and after sinope we got insta buy. This says it all. My prediction is that next "great" feature will be moving cities from island to island with the help of gold.