Passed Spells on Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal
I propose to be able to cast spells on ghost towns

Reason
Ghost town can´t be casted spells on, and at first glance it might not seem very useful, why would you want to bolt it etc?. But when conquering a ghost town (in a server with Conquest mode) you would want to be able to cast Divine Sign or Patroness to the ghost town to defend your conquest.

Details
Just click on the city and cast a spell like you would on a normal city.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
I don´t see how can it be abused really.
The only thing that might happen is that some one casts patroness and chariot on a ghost town that was cleared and when you go and farm it you encounter unexpected resistance. But I really don´t think it will be common, because its a waste of favor and you wont even know who or if your casted troops were attacked.

DeletedUser

Good thought but most of the time ghost towns are small and people dont conquer them alot I would say no

DeletedUser

I don't like the Idea,its also not that useful for revolt worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good thought but most of the time ghost towns are small and people dont conquer them alot I would say no
hmmm I don´t know in what world you play in, and probably you haven´t gotten far in a world (just starting), but there are several stages of the worlds were oceans turn ghosts and people are conquering juicy sized ghosts all the time.

And even if that were not the case (which it is, but just to answer the second part of your reply) so what? in what way will it negatively affect the game?

DeletedUser

I realy dont see alot of ghost towns that have over 1000+ points in Omicron but I have no and true it will not affect the game.

DeletedUser

I realy dont see alot of ghost towns that have over 1000+ points in Omicron but I have no and true it will not affect the game.

later on there will be more than enough ghosts over 7k...

I lik this idea, and it wouldn't be useful in revolt worlds, true. But it wouldn't change the world either..

DeletedUser15946

With 5k points, you haven't seen all :)
There are over 10k ghosts in later game. This wouldn't be useful in revolt worlds, but it wouldn't harm us either.

DeletedUser

it could be useful in revolt worlds...

if there is a ghost on your island with v high level resource mines whereas your city only has low-mid level mines it would make sense to cast happiness on the ghost and farm it rather than casting on your own town.

either way, i don't really see it having a negative effect on the game at all so i'd go with it.

DeletedUser

It can be helpful, so I'm with it. No harm can be done and it is practical

DeletedUser18366

No but ghosts aren't always small. My CS in on route to a 4500 ghost. You could abuse this idea by doing patroness loads of times and getting BP but I guess thats a waste of favor.

DeletedUser

I dont think it would help a lot but for sure cant harm at all so I am not against the idea,if you wish to abuse the system you dont need patroness cause you can just build troops and send them to ghost cities and then attack them,but on the other hand casting happiness and then getting more resources from ghost it is good thinking I guess,although I personally havent attacked a ghost city or farm a village for 5 months now,resources are coming to fast to spend them to be honest.

DeletedUser

I can think of a few other reasons to allow spell casting on ghosts. I've conquered a few myself, and there have been times I've wished I could Quake the walls. Also, a common tactic on Gamma, or at least one I use regularly, is to use those Divine Favors on a conquest WHILE it is ongoing, that way when you succeed you already have troops in the village, giving you a fast start on farming from new acquisitions.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
It could be useful for revolt worlds. Especially if the ghost town has a HIGH wall with a load of defensive troops. You would want to cast earthquake on it just to lower the wall so you don't lose that many men.

DeletedUser809

Seems like a very reasonable proposal. I'm surprised it isn't allowed already. Guess that was a bit of an oversight on the part of the developers. I don't see that it would be all that complicated to implement either.

Status
Not open for further replies.