Spotlight week 2 - Lords of Pella Elite (10) vs Play For Keeps (21)

DeletedUser5554

Alright heres a war you've all been interested in during the past few weeks. Lords of Pella Elite is in a war with Play For Keeps and Play For Keeps currently is beating them like they stole something. The Current score as of today is 17-1 in favor of Play For Keeps. When both sides were asked Play For Keeps had no problem answering. All of the Lords of Pella Elite save one either declined to answer, never got back to me, in 3 annoying cases said they would be happy to answer and never got back to me...Either theres a lot of shame going on in Lords of Pella Elite or I understand fully why their butts getting kicked. It was also noted by Play For keeps players that Lords of Pella Elite have now taken too

My prediction for this war: Well unless something changes drastically in the Lords of Pella Elite alliance they will continue to be scored upon as they seem to lack a good defense, offense, sense of self worth, and communication. Play For Keeps will advance in rank and move towards the core crushing Lords of Pella Elite.

Now for the interviews from both sides:

Play For Keeps players:

Bend24:
1. You currently lead against LoPE with a jaw dropping 13-1 what do you have to say about that?
It is actually 17-1 if you count the cities we took off of their neat little academy before they figured out it was a bad idea and disbanded it. Anyway I am pretty happy with the 17-1 although I do wish it was still 17-0, but you lose cities sometimes its part of war. I see us continuing to widen the gap though.

2. If you could say one thing to LoPE leadership what would it be?
That their leadership is poor and they aren't fit to be leaders with the exception of possibly Nippleberry. Oh also that I hope they dont go running to White Eagles for help when we enter 75 like they did against AoE.

3. In order to continue the success what do you feel your team needs to do?
I feel in order to continue our success we need to continue to take their cities and force them out of ocean 76. We need to continue to use great teamwork and sound strategy as that is where our strength lies.

4. Are you feeling confident with your current position or still cautious?
I am feeling pretty confident about how things have been going, although I would still like to make sure we have ocean 76 firmly under our control and have our borders protected before heading into 75.

5. If you could have one LoPE player defect to you, another one ghost, and rim yet another one which 3 would you pick?
Well if I had to pick one to defect it would have to be Philwaite, he seems to have a much better understanding of the game than most of his teammates and is one of the few in every attempt to break our sieges, he knows he wants to join us in his heart :), I really dont want any of them to ghost quite frankly as I would rather rim them, as far as rimming goes I would like to pick the majority of their alliance, but if I am forced to pick one it would have to be Brickstaylor so that he could come on the externals and rage a bit more, hope your reading this bricks <3 you.

6. Who are some key players for PFK?
Almost every player is essential to our success because of our small size. If I had to pick a few key players though I would say, Unclebuck, olgsaltydog, cudon, johnpaul1989, imjbomb, and apheidas at the moment. I am sure some other players will be stepping up to help out as well once they become bigger and/or learn the game better.

7. Who do you feel are key players for LoPE?
Philwaite and Sirnippleberry for sure. Without these 2 their alliance would fall apart very quickly. I hope bacon comes on here and is very salty that he didnt get mentioned btw, same to you stephenwi, keep sending your cute little earthquakes and bolts at my cities everyday.

8. How do you feel you would fair if WE joined the mix?
Hmm I honestly don't know at this stage. Things would become much tougher that is for sure, I am still confused as to why WE is pacted with LoP in the first place. You would think LoP being so elite wouldnt need allies. We shouldnt have to worry about WE entering the war though as LoP leadership has promised me they can deal with us themselves, we will see if they stick to their word though when we enter 75 and start taking their cities there.

9. What are some keys to victory for you here?
Keys to victory for us will be continuing to have great teamwork, helping our smaller and new players grow and learn the game, and continuing to be aggressive and taking their cities. We dont want to take our foot off their throat.

10. What advice do you have for aspiring players and alliances of pella?
Be aggressive dont make to many pacts, join a good alliance, read some guides they can be very helpful, and listen to veteran players when they give you advice they generally know what they are talking about.

UncleBuck:

1. You currently lead against LoPE with a jaw dropping 13-1 what do you have to say about that?
I/we do not have much to say about it at all. While LoP has done a lot of talking about how they are the superior alliance, we just play and have fun. The numbers are a good reflection of player skill, and numbers don't lie.

Remove the "elite" part of your name.

We are already doing it. Having FUN, teaching and learning, and keep growing :)

A good player is always confident and cautious.....and I'm a great player.

5. If you could have one LoPE player defect to you, another one ghost, and rim yet another one which 3 would you pick? (on a side note, a grepo version of F, Marry, Kill! I love it!) Would recruit Philwaite, because I think he might be the only LoP member with any skill at all. Kill Sir Nippleberry because he is probably the biggest noob they have. Ghost stephenwi, well just because I had to pick another person.

Every member of our alliance are key, we are successful only because every is active and contributes....even the smallest player.

No one stands out to me.

I think that PFK would be fine, most of us are very experienced. I have played this game since the first server started years ago. As a server develops it always comes down to the survival of the fittest, and the best of the best fighting each other. LoP would probably fold within a week if BoM, or any other alliance who knows how to play joined the fight. PFK is smacking them around like a red headed step child, and we don't even have half the players they do. Based on the numbers, LoP has already shown they can not handle experienced and skilled players.

LoP just needs to keep taking it laying down, not really making it too hard. They can say what they want, or make an excuse...but again, the truth is in the numbers.

Make sure you are always having fun! It is a game afterall :)

Olgsaltydog:
I would say that you are incorrect on the score. My count would be 17-1. With that said, I think the numbers speak for themselves.

I would tell them to keep doing what they're doing. It works for me!

Exactly what we are doing.

Never too cautious when climbing to the top.

5. If you could have one LoPE player defect to you, another one ghost, and rim yet another one which 3 would you pick?
Defect: Wouldn't trust someone that would jump alliances to save himself.
Ghost: Have to be hotcar999
Rim: Sirnippleberry or as I call him Sirdingleberry.

Declined to answer

Haven't run into one yet!

WE has already joined the mix, in supporting LoPE.

Keeping our agenda.

Declined to answer.

And I finally got an opposing interview with Sirnippleberry and a few answers from Brickstaylor who's answers will represent Lords of Pella as a whole. Which is on the page below

DeletedUser5554

Lords of Pella Elite players:

SirNippleBerry:

1. LoPE currently trails PFK in a suprising 17-1 has this been unsettling in your alliance?
I would point out that the score is more like 10-1, 7 of their conquests were off of our feeder alliance which we were in the process of deleting. (not that this makes a whole lot of difference) Does this unsettle the alliance? I would say that some members are unsettled, yes. As for leadership, we aren't worried at all. The more bp's we can get for everyone, the better it is in the long run. With Army of Eternity gone, we need an enemy in this part of the world and PfK is that for us right now.

2. If you could say one thing to PFK what would it be?
please disregard my previous answer, I thought you asked what would you say about play for keeps.
I would say, GLHF, and SMD ;)

3. Who do you feel PFK's key player are?
Their key players in my opinion are in no particular order imjbomb, bend24, olgsaltydog, and cudon.

4. Who do you feel are LoPE's key players?
I would leave that up to Play for Keeps.

5. Your alliance seems to be in a rut right now what in your opinion do you need to do to turn things around?
I wouldn't say that. A rut would imply that we are stuck and cannot get out. We are simply taking the path less traveled by as Robert Frost would say. We may stumble, but rest assured, we will reach our goal.

6. Do you have any plans to call WE in on the job?
Simply put, no. There is no need to. They are in ocean 65, and have bigger and better things to worry about as I am sure you know ;)

7. On a scale of 1-10 rate your alliance and PFK's alliance.
I would rate us around 6/10, and PfK would probably be 6/10 as well. Just above average for both of us (assuming 5/10 is average).

8. What is a successful alliance to you?
A successful alliance to me is one that completes four world wonders before everyone else. There can only be one truly successful alliance in each world. Would you really call it a success if you spend months of time, work, and preparation, only to have another alliance beat you in completing the wonders?

9. Afterall of this and the struggles of LoPE do you feel your alliance will be better for it? Or worse?
I am not worried about our struggles at all, they are relatively minor. According to the forums we are all noobs, we should have lost all of our cities weeks ago, and Army of Eternity had their way with us. Since our city total has grown, our fighting rank has increased, and AoE no longer exists, I guess I can only hope to continue "struggling" in the future. Haters gonna hate....

10. What advice do you have for the players and alliances just starting out in Pella?
Don't build a library and research everything, it's just a hassle for whoever conquers you ;)

Bricktaylor: (be advised this is more of an excuse fest than an interview)

Question set:

1. LoPE currently trails PFK in a suprising 17-1 has this been unsettling in your alliance?

2. If you could say one thing to PFK what would it be?

3. Who do you feel PFK's key player are?

4. Who do you feel are LoPE's key players?

5. Your alliance seems to be in a rut right now what in your opinion do you need to do to turn things around?

6. Do you have any plans to call WE in on the job?

7. It has been noted that LoPE has been kicking players that they failed to save from conquest even after attempts to break their sieges do you have any comment on that?

8. What is a successful alliance to you?

9. Afterall of this and the struggles of LoPE do you feel your alliance will be better for it? Or worse?

10. What advice do you have for the players and alliances just starting out in Pella?

Reponse:

Dude I'm sry man a lot of these questions I can't really answer I was out of the town the whole weekend and only participated in a couple battles early on I don't think I'm up to date enough on what's been going on. Like the whole kicking thing, I have no idea what that is even about. I will try to answer some of these, I just back into town and didn't have time tonight to sit and answer all those questions I will try to answer some tho.

1. Never got back to me despite multiple requests
2. Though*
3. sorry*
But its still a better response than the others aside from sirnipple gave which was nothing...

Id say the most valueable player in LoPE is sirnippleberry who actually was reliable gave a quick response and even tried multiple times to help me find more people to interview so thank you for that buddy :)

DeletedUser

Cosmetically this is looking great, and although there was a little bias here it didn't impact too much on the overall and Sirnippleberry showed some great sportsmanship. Great job.

DeletedUser5554

haha I wasn't trying to be biased...sadly when everyone ignores or rudely never gets back after saying they would interview it speaks volumes :p I like sirnipple he is a champ for sure ^.^

DeletedUser

It's okay, even our mod Metal has the same problem - have you seen his papers? :p Some guy didn't even reply to his mail so Metal was all like "Didn't even show up, shows how good he is" and everyone else was all like "Oh no he didn't, how rude!"

DeletedUser5554

I have yet to see a metalcore paper haha that would be interesting :D

DeletedUser

Good read nod, will plus rep you when I get a chance says I need to spread some rep first though. Anyway Nippleberry needs to learn to count as the score not counting their academy is 12-1. Regardless if it was 10-1 that is still very bad lol. If any alliance of mine was ever losing a war 10-1 I would be very dissapointed to say the least. Anyway though good of Nippleberry to give you an interview, he is a respectful opponent. Obviously he is not going to just admit his alliance is getting destroyed so the excuses are justified. I like Bricks nice little excuse. Oh and I just helped break up a Bricks siege the yesterday. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

DeletedUser5554

LoPE needs to learn to improve imo because right now they are living on bought time.

DeletedUser22343

This is a nice way to present war in a newspaperish way. ;) I hope to see more of this on other wars in pella :p

DeletedUser5554

hopefully ill be able to find one. i think i gotta start interviewing early though they tend to not have much to say when its 13-1 or in silver's case 42- screwed.

DeletedUser

hopefully ill be able to find one. i think i gotta start interviewing early though they tend to not have much to say when its 13-1 or in silver's case 42- screwed.

so true. Seems like Silver only came out when Saphy called them the best alliance for some reason. That's when they all showed up to voice their approval. Since then I haven't seen much activity from them. I dunno, maybe Ella prohibits them from visiting external forums. Speaking of Ella, she continues to abuse her credit card, taking this game way too seriously. Lesson learned: once married, keep my credit card to myself.

DeletedUser19042

omg...Aren't you exagerating a bit Tyrone? It's her business what she does with her money, not yours. And ever though that it maybe is her money? That SHE worked for? and not her husband or whoever...

Jeezz...I love the trash talk, making fun of each other etc...But you do not need to exagerate...

DeletedUser

omg...Aren't you exagerating a bit Tyrone? It's her business what she does with her money, not yours. And ever though that it maybe is her money? That SHE worked for? and not her husband or whoever...

Jeezz...I love the trash talk, making fun of each other etc...But you do not need to exagerate...

It's her money, my point is she can't spot a bad investment.

DeletedUser19042

omg, no wonder she isn't coming over here anymore...I wouldn't either.

This forum is to discuss things, and not about bad investments or something like that...

DeletedUser

Yeah keep on topic. Gold discussion seems to pop up all the time from MOS - take it to it's own thread and leave it out of every other thread on the server - just like i did for the refugees.

LOPE seem to still be around - despite what is said about them and how badly they are faring. So what - there isn't enough BP to take all their cities?

DeletedUser

Hard for us to take all their cities sapphire lol. Considering we only have 21 members compared to their 70 some. On top of that all of their players started before ours so had a head start with more cities. Lets be honest also, it is nearly impossible to actually rim a whole alliance, what generally happens is after losing a certain amount of cities an alliance will disband.

DeletedUser

I saw it done in Lambda - 14 people took on 40 and took all of their cities in one ocean. Surely that is achievable at this early stage at the game when your alliance has much more culture points thanks to their attacks?