Spotlight week 2 - Lords of Pella Elite (10) vs Play For Keeps (21)

DeletedUser

so true. Seems like Silver only came out when Saphy called them the best alliance for some reason. That's when they all showed up to voice their approval. Since then I haven't seen much activity from them. I dunno, maybe Ella prohibits them from visiting external forums. Speaking of Ella, she continues to abuse her credit card, taking this game way too seriously. Lesson learned: once married, keep my credit card to myself.

Bots, gold,...Thought for sure a "Stud" like yourself was above hating Tyrone. Nobody is prohibidado from visiting externals, but when the posts are always the same, whats the point in responding? We leave the chit talk and trolling to the professionals.

DeletedUser22343

and we leave the losing of cities to the perfessionals :p

DeletedUser

Bots, gold,...Thought for sure a "Stud" like yourself was above hating Tyrone. Nobody is prohibidado from visiting externals, but when the posts are always the same, whats the point in responding? We leave the chit talk and trolling to the professionals.

posts are always the same? That's a good excuse from ppl that don't say nothing at all.

DeletedUser

I saw it done in Lambda - 14 people took on 40 and took all of their cities in one ocean. Surely that is achievable at this early stage at the game when your alliance has much more culture points thanks to their attacks?
40 is not 70. I also have to assume at that point most of the players from the enemy alliance didnt have anything over 3 or 4 cities. It is incredibly difficult because even if we take a city they can just take some other city in ocean 75 that is from another alliance. That or they can take a city in 76 that really isnt worth taking but they are just being pest. We really cant stop them from taking these other cities, especially the ones in ocean 75.

DeletedUser

But you have more than 14 players Bend :p Surely the more of you the more cities you can take?
All it takes is saving up of CP then one swift co-ordinated hit :)

DeletedUser

But you have more than 14 players Bend :p Surely the more of you the more cities you can take?
All it takes is saving up of CP then one swift co-ordinated hit :)

It is very difficult to rim 70+ people entirely. I thought your understanding of this game is better than that? The most you could do is to rim top players. This would cause the alliance to collapse.

There are a couple of reasons why:

CP: the number 1 reason
CS travel distant
They can always found a new city or take a low point city to continue playing. I've seen this a lot. And of course, you don't want to take a 774 point city.

DeletedUser

Thank you helenium. On this game when a player/alliance gets a certain amount of cities it is basically impossible to rim them.

As stated above cp limits the ability to do that and also the ability of the enemy to quickly conquer another city or colonize when they lose a city.

Saving up cp and one big co-ordinated hit really? LoP currently has 216 cities. First off getting enough city slots for that at this point in the game between 21 players is pretty much impossible. Secondly as spread out as their cities are some of our cs trips would be over 48 hours. That is plenty of time for them to build a cs and either colonize or conquer another city. Basically the only way we could rim them is if they let us.

DeletedUser

I'm saying it's been done on a larger scale before, and that i've seen it. Saying it can't be done is there fore just thinking as a pessimist. I'm sure you guys could do it if you planned it well. Others have before you.
It's not impossible if it has already been done. It's fine if you guys would rather try to get them to disband. Just say so. I'm saying that the alliance can be rimmed.

DeletedUser

If 14 players managed to take on 40, then those 40 players must have been so bad it's barely even worth noting.

All that bend said in his last post is dead on. Why still argue unless you're just trying to make PfK look bad?

DeletedUser

I'm not, it's been said it's impossible when it isn't. They weren't bad players - they just faced better opponents.

DeletedUser

I'm afraid that yes they must have been bad players. Very bad players. There's no way anyone can be THAT much better than even an average player. As soon as you know what to and what not to build (plus a little experience) everyone is pretty much on the same footing.

It just comes down to who is more active during the other players offline times.

DeletedUser

I disagree with your statement on how they were as players, but you didn't face them so i can't expect you to know what they were like.
Exploiting a player's time offline is a tactic used by most players who use more than brute force to expand successfully.

DeletedUser

Well then maybe that says more about your perception of what a good player is, if 40 players you consider good managed to get kicked out of an ocean by less than half as many players.

Exploiting a player's time offline is a tactic used by most players who use more than brute force to expand successfully.

..Thank you for pointing that out to me..

DeletedUser

Those players are who i consider to be the best players in Grepolis, full stop. Not just lambda, other worlds as well. They were led by bladerider and were more serious than any other alliance i've ever seen.

It doesn't matter who they faced, they won the conflict.

But that's not the point of what i'm saying, you seem intent on trolling here and missing said point. It's not impossible to rim an alliance, even if numbers are against you. You just have to be the better players.

DeletedUser

Those players are who i consider to be the best players in Grepolis, full stop. Not just lambda, other worlds as well. They were led by bladerider and were more serious than any other alliance i've ever seen.

It doesn't matter who they faced, they won the conflict.

But that's not the point of what i'm saying, you seem intent on trolling here and missing said point. It's not impossible to rim an alliance, even if numbers are against you. You just have to be the better players.
I have no doubt they were indeed good players. What were the specifics of this situation though, did any members of the other alliance have more than 3 cities? As stated I did not say it was impossible to rim an entire alliance. I said at this point in the game it basically is though. They have too many cities and to many ways to obtain new cities after you take their cities.

I am sure they were all very good players, but to get rimmed as an entire alliance at this point in the game by a much smaller alliance means that you are completely awful. Seriously did none of them have the common sense to build a cs and go colonize somewhere far away? If you aren't smart enough to do that then you are a completely awful player that my 7 year old cousin could do better than.

It has nothing to do with being the better players. It has to do with the schematics of the situation which make it impossible. Obtaining a new city after losing one is far to easy once you have 4 or 5 cities. As said we are more than 48 hours away from some of them. That is plenty of time for someone to build 2 colony ships and colonize 2 new cities.

You are the one trolling sapphire. I am still not seeing the point in your argument. As an experiment to see if rimming an alliance is possible I think that Tyrone should round up MOS and try it on your pathetic excuse for an alliance.

DeletedUser

For the exact plans you would have to ask bladerider, as i was not in his alliance. I just watched it happen. About 2 and a half/3months in, after narwhals had well and truly trounced the penguins. It was done, and i'm saying your alliance CAN do it. If that's trolling so be it - you obviously have less faith in your alliance than i do.
Side note; stop calling me a troll, i find it offensive. I am doing no such thing. If you want to pop your hands in your ears and ignore me that is your prerogative, i told you of a situation i saw in Lambda and you think it's impossible. No reason to pop a vein over it.
Tyrone once offered to protect me funny enough - not the rest of my alliance, just me. I've had that offer several times from members of a few alliances. I have not asked for help, nor has my alliance made any pacts. Neither have we declared war. We are neutral and surviving. But that is neither on topic nor important. What is important is that you CAN wipe the board with LOPE. You are winning the war but you can destroy them utterly.
If you are having trouble right now, focus your frustration on your enemy, not on a neutral party. You can stand on your own two feet, you don't need to throw Tyrone about as a threat. I'm sure he's your friend but such things should come from his leader, or him, not you.

DeletedUser

For the exact plans you would have to ask bladerider, as i was not in his alliance. I just watched it happen. About 2 and a half/3months in, after narwhals had well and truly trounced the penguins. It was done, and i'm saying your alliance CAN do it. If that's trolling so be it - you obviously have less faith in your alliance than i do.
Side note; stop calling me a troll, i find it offensive. I am doing no such thing. If you want to pop your hands in your ears and ignore me that is your prerogative, i told you of a situation i saw in Lambda and you think it's impossible. No reason to pop a vein over it.
Tyrone once offered to protect me funny enough - not the rest of my alliance, just me. I've had that offer several times from members of a few alliances. I have not asked for help, nor has my alliance made any pacts. Neither have we declared war. We are neutral and surviving. But that is neither on topic nor important. What is important is that you CAN wipe the board with LOPE. You are winning the war but you can destroy them utterly.
If you are having trouble right now, focus your frustration on your enemy, not on a neutral party. You can stand on your own two feet, you don't need to throw Tyrone about as a threat. I'm sure he's your friend but such things should come from his leader, or him, not you.
I was going to write out a big long spill trying to break down the schematics and facts of this situation again for you. So instead I am going to make a nice short bulleted list of reasons why it is not possible.

1. They have 216 cities we have 21 members. We would need roughly 10 city slots per member to take them all at once. Well that sounds realistic :heh:

2. Some colony ships would need to be sent in this giant op from over 48 hours away. You can build more than 3 colony ships in this amount of time easily and that's just in one city. Now I'll break this down for you further, a colony ship can be used to colonize a new city or conquer a new city. It takes approximately 12 hours for this to happen. So that means you could possibly of colonized or conquered at least 3 new cities by the time the colony ship hits.

3. Disband, generally when an alliance starts to lose large amounts of cities, especially its hire point members it will disband and the better members are generally absorbed by other alliances then.

4. Back to city slots. While we are acquiring are 200 needed city slots between 21 members I would have to assume that LoP is not going to just sit around and not try to conquer cities or colonize. Therefore our amount of city slots needed goes up again. Its like a vicious cycle, we acuire more slots, they gain more cities.

In conclusion rimming an entire alliance in our current situation is not possible. There is to many elements that can not be controlled by our alliance. If you think it is possible to rim LoP please feel free to reset out to ocean 76 and show us how its done.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1483

Pretty sure Tyrone didn't offer to protect you. I know you asked him to stop attacking you so you could be unbiased in your AA stuff.

I think what everyone's point is is this. Imagine silver trying to rim MOS right now. Or SS trying to rim MOS. with the amount of cities MOS has it would be practically impossible to concentrate on that many cities over a prolonged amount of time to keep them subdued enough to take all of their cities.

Unless the whole of MOS went inactive it would be near impossible to accomplish. By all means if an alliance decided to concentrate on an individual member it's definitely possible to rim a few members if coordinated enough. But to rim a whole alliance would be near on impossible. Unless they were all inactive.

DeletedUser5554

Gonna take bend's side in this one it is almost impossible to do what you are talking about saph. The alliance would disband by the time they lost nipple, bricks, and great it would be over. Its easy to defeat an alliance its almost impossible to rim an entire alliance they will run eventually.