Passed Spying Changes

Would you like this idea to be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • No.

Votes: 20 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

2500? NO WAY. Once you get to 5+ cities, caves have a TON of money, and you need LOTS of silver to spy. So, 2500 for a whole week? NO WAY

Maybe more, but this is the price for one individual spy. However, though, yes, I do see a need for making it higher. What about 5000/week MINIMUM, with more information unearthed and a greater possibility of "opening the gates" if you give more silver?

DeletedUser

At the heart of this idea (in whatever permutation it takes) is the notion that a little bit of information will help to offset the perceived advantage given to defenders. I truly feel that the current espionage system should be reworked to marginally help the attacker.

The major points I've seen:

Spys should be able to stay in a city after a successful spying attempt. The cost of this ability and the mechanics of how it would be measured are up for debate. It should be costly enough as to not adversely effect current game play but not so expensive as to be prohibitive.

A successful spy should be able to give you more than one report. Again the cost of this ability needs to be worked out. This is a huge tactical advantage and shouldn't be cheap. Several other questions then need to be answered.....what kinds of information can the spy give (i.e. incoming troops, troop movements etc.), what are the mechanics of how the spy is discovered? Two major methods have been proposed for paying for this ability. In one, the spy is sent with a finite amount of silver, assuming a successful attempt (which reduces the amount he was sent with) he stays and when the enemy cave exceeds the amount remaining the spy is discovered and executed. In the other, the spy is sent and if successful stays and then draws a specified amount of silver per day/hour (whatever is determined) from the player's cave until discovered (not clearly defined).

A proposed idea that a spy could somehow sabotage the city from within and provide a bonus to the attacker (i.e. opening the gates and negating the wall bonus). I personally feel this is too much. Although is is realistic, it changes the balance of game play too much. However I am open to discussing other ideas around spy bonuses.

Ok....I think that is the gist of what has been posted so far. If I missed anything you can call me out below and I will try to edit this post to reflect it. Thanks.

-Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is an overall fantastic idea. I want to see this happen in 2.0!!!

DeletedUser

A proposed idea that a spy could somehow sabotage the city from within and provide a bonus to the attacker (i.e. opening the gates and negating the wall bonus). I personally feel this is too much.
-Jim

Maybe for sabotage the spy will hurt their ship defences or something like that. Also the nlonger he stays in said city the worse the sabotage deffence cut will get, maybe up to 15-20% max cut. Keep him there 1 day and the cut will start at 1% and start to increase by 1% every 12 hours after. Maybe instead of that the spy will cut resource production using the same idea. Sabotage should be something that can't be detected by the defender prior to an attack. Hopefully someone will get what I'm trying to say.

DeletedUser345

Thanks,

I think all the issues have been iroed out but if there are any left then say.

DeletedUser

What will happen to the open gates part? i do not like this part, more like 10% and 1% extra for every 10k silver (like sigismund said)
Also i would like to see 2 options, normal and this (like Yogesh singh said)

Then this would be great!

DeletedUser

So to recap then:

We like the idea of having a spy stay in the city if they spend enough silver to get the first report.

There should be a daily/hourly cost for the spy to remain, maybe 20 coins per hour and taken direct from your cave.

The cost of subsequent reports needs to be about 25,000 coins, the same as the max amount of resources you can hold in a warehouse and is deducted from your cave at each report request.

There should be a percentage chance the spy gets caught every time a report is requested, maybe 10 to 30% chance. This sould be added to a total each time and maybe increase by 0.5% each hour so that the spy self terminates at 100% or 200 hours and/or at a preset 'catch spy' level. A report should go to the owner of the city informing them that a spy was caught and the sender of the spy.

Maybe some form of sabotage, reducing resouces, slowing troop/navy build times or lowering of building levels.

The ability, with a premium account, to send silver direct to a cave from any city, without having to add the silver to the cave and work the same as sending resources to a city and be implemented on the cave screen in the admin screens.

There also needs to be a way of detecting that you have a spy resident and terminating the spy. Maybe something along the lines of self spy/check for spy for a cost of 20 to 30,000 coins.

TBSBanner.jpg

DeletedUser

Brilliant idea. To stop making 'open the gates' working all of the time, could you do it so only one spy is in one city?

DeletedUser

Good Idea

Yes I think it is a good idea and yes the opening gates would be good if your spy was killed as soon as he did it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great Idea. Takes resources to build the spy, get the spy in, and to get the report.

But the price of information is great, and needs to be high.

Great idea.

DeletedUser

Its good as I said but need abit of changing if it would actually happen!

DeletedUser

I thought of that when i first sent a spy and i was disaponted

DeletedUser

Yes, i think this should go to a vote, so many people like this idea.

DeletedUser345

I have updated this with all the last suggestions and if no one else has any feedback to give i will take it to the mods and then onto a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.