Spying

DeletedUser

Question: If WOE are so superior and all us other alliances are so feeble compared to you, why are there so many spies in our alliances?

Don't bother to deny it either, because some of us know exactly who they are.

Honestly, with all the underhand tactics you employ, it'll be a disgrace if you guys win this server, a total disgrace.

So what if you're successful players, you should be hanging your heads in shame.

It's a war game, not a spy game, have the balls to pull them out and get them in your alliance, give us a straight fight, we'll see how successful you are.

If you do and you still beat us, I'll come here and issue a grovelling apology, saying you are the best, whatever you want. But until then, know that I hold you in complete contempt, CHEATS.

DeletedUser

everyone hates spies but when its your friend asking for the info, a friend you have known through different servers and for a much longer time than your current alliance mates, it seems totally different.

Its just how it works.

DeletedUser

you're talking like they cheated. while it is a crude and somewhat unfair tactic, putting spies in alliances isn't cheating.

DeletedUser4577

This game is about war correct? Well then in every book, History example, movie and current political examples spies are widely used and have been used for many many years before any of us were even born.
In the jail systems I believe spies are used as well or rather called "Rats". So you may whine and pout all you want about unfairness and how we are so bad due to spies being used but when you get down to it its as easy as being said "Spies are part of war" so if you dont like it then I believe Sim City has a strict policy on no spies and its a great game, My girlfriend plays it. ;)
To be honest - Yes I personally have used spies but the majority of WoE prefers not to since we never hold much trust for spies and usually all they are doing are wanting a safe haven before we come for their cities. So yes I will use them and then hold up a white flag for them while holding a knife behind my back. Its war and we play the game to its fullest.
So enjoy, Whine, moan and do whatever else you may like but remember what game you play.

Also, Do you believe we are the only ones using spies? Lol...

Extra Tidbits:
Don't bother to deny it either, because some of us know exactly who they are.
- This is laughable...If you know then why not kick them out to keep your secrets?

Honestly, with all the underhand tactics you employ, it'll be a disgrace if you guys win this server, a total disgrace.
- Yeah Total disgrace if we played the game well....

It's a war game, not a spy game,
- Both are the same

If you do and you still beat us, I'll come here and issue a grovelling apology,
- We are already moving closer to you and wont be long till we are going full out on you so might as well grovel now then later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you think I'm whining, you've missed my point completely. So it's not worth continuing this conversation after this post.

No, I don't think you're the only ones, but I'll tell you this, we don't.

DeletedUser829

I'm a spy I'm a spy! Invite me to your alliance.

Hamster is not an animal HE"S A MAN! There, i just proved it!

DeletedUser4577

If your wanting us to stop using them then thats not ganna happen, lol.
Its like asking you all to attack better....Not ganna happen.

If we (Rather me) stop then Im sure given the chance you would. So whats the point?

DeletedUser

Dude - if you know you have a spy in your alliance - biggest mistake ever is letting it out.

You could have used misinformation and had some fun that way.........chances lost fofr fun...

DeletedUser

This game, like any of a multitude of such games, is based on strategy and manoeuvrability, not in the knowing of your opponent's next move, but in the second guessing of it.

Having players sit quietly in opponent's alliances is not doing your utmost to outwit and conquer by strategic planning, research or calculating variables, it is simply an act of sitting back and foregoing the actual event of testing skill Vs skill - Takes the whole skill-factor right out of the equation.

Winners work hard to become what they become - Losers find ways to prevent themselves from any kind of laborious endeavour.

It's easy to be flown to the upper camp on Everest and climb the last few hundred feet - doesn't mean you've climbed Everest though, just means you cheated yourself out of the achievement.

Never forget that this is merely a game, a passtime, an escape from RL, that's all - but herein comes, exposed, the reflection of our true nature.

A Liar...IS...a Liar! A Cheat...IS...a Cheat! A fool...IS...a Fool! And Deceit...IS...Deceit!

Mark...

DeletedUser

spies have their uses, i agree with derek on this issue this is a war game and spies will exist and be a major problem for many alliances. I personally feel it's down to alliance leaders to make sure they don't gain spies in their alliance. So long as you don't mass invite and keep your alliance morale up you can generally keep players from becoming spies.

DeletedUser4577

Also, I do have a spy in Nothing but am I using him? No...used him once or twice but you dont have much information to go on to help.
I havent made contact for a few weeks now and havent thought of him until this thread was brought up.
As far as testing skill in this game well mark...you should know that personally with the rest of your alliances past Wonder Island we took over within a day or two.

DeletedUser

To be precise, you have partial control, I'm still there.

And you only managed to do what you did because your spy told you there was a member on that island had gone inactive.

DeletedUser829

I think if spies didn't exist, we'd all hoist blue/white/red flags and scream We Surrender.

DeletedUser

It boils down to your own personal opinion as to whether you think that sending spies into an alliance or getting insider information is a good worthwhile tactic or foul play and bad sportsmanship. Making a thread about it on the forum looks like whining and sulking rather than making a good point. Personally I think WoE doesn't need to have spies in Nothing but I am not gonna accuse them of cheating.

DeletedUser

If you know who the spy is then why don't you kick him/her? problem solved.

in my opinion attacking is the best form of spying, wallcounts/espionage/simulations give me everything I need. and as for online offline times, since it's against Nothing it doesn't really make a difference, you guys attack with biremes and defend with LS, why bother going for you when you're offline :)

Also just because certain members of WoE attacks certain members of Nothing when they're offline, it doesn't mean we have spies telling us you're off, we've simply worked it out. After all we attack you more than you attack us and we attack at more specific times while your attacks span over a 15 hour period.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol, to be honest I think that you must be failing at this game and so must your alliance if players in it offer to be our spies :p

DeletedUser4577

To be precise, you have partial control, I'm still there.

And you only managed to do what you did because your spy told you there was a member on that island had gone inactive.
- this is laughable since when we did take this island from you it was the first day the war really launched and I doubt anyone could have a spy inside within the first 48 hours of a war being declared. So you can say what you will but we are smart when we attack and know when your on or off. Its how you tell a skilled player from someone who knows Nothing.
Also, It wasnt just one player on that island. Your wonderful leader mark was there as well and fell just as quickly along with the others.
The problem here and the reason for this thread mainly (Just My Opinion) is that you have realized your alliance will fall and your coming here to rant or bash WoE however possible.

DeletedUser829

Many spies are not directly sent out by alliances. Many times people have come to me/us saying "Hey, my alliance sucks. I'd like to you join but can I help you kill my alliance first ?"

DeletedUser4577

Lol, Thats EXACTLY how that happens!! Exact words as well! Lol

DeletedUser

LMAO

Truewar only had a grudge because he wanted to be leader and hardly anybody wanted to be led by him. Could've been something to do with the fact he's a 55 year old pathetic loser with obsessive compulsive tendencies. :)