SS Poor Show! or Good play?

DeletedUser

So once again we have come full circle. The only thing that everyone seems to agree upon is I am the greatest Grepolis player that has ever played the game. Without me there would be no Grepolis.

DeletedUser

Turns out, we don't even have to recruit our enemies for them to lose players
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en66/player/2952146/alliancechanges
Just goes to show, the leadership over there is likely the real problem and not our invites.
When you beat CT it was gold again , we attacked you mid way through defensive bonus week which we were unaware of due to us not spamming gold and we lost all our troops for not much gain. Then you invited our top players after taking something like 6 cities thats hardly winning a war

DeletedUser30111

When you beat CT it was gold again , we attacked you mid way through defensive bonus week which we were unaware of due to us not spamming gold and we lost all our troops for not much gain. Then you invited our top players after taking something like 6 cities thats hardly winning a war

8 cities, 1 day, and you don't have too much room to talk as you jumped ship also

DeletedUser42608

I was locked in by nothing but pact partners across all of ocean 45. I took every measure I could to prevent this from happening including taking a tiny city on our only war front so that I could gold it and build it up to gain bp from it. Unfortunately even that proved to be too costly and took too much time. When we finally found an alliance enemy in 45 worthy of having an op against (alpha pack) SL immediately merged that alliance despite the fact that RD leaders asked them not to.

I even asked you, Lukjack, to include me in your alliances ops because I was getting bored. It is the job of leaders to make sure people like me don't get bored and SL purposefully removed our targets and when I asked RD leaders to make SL the target they denied that option because they wanted to stay loyal to SL. So that is why I left and it is not necessary to get insulting to RD here or petty with their leaders and try and blame them for all this on your shared forums with them, and it is certainly not SS's fault since they had asked me a month ago to join when I was still a small player. I turned them down then, but I contacted them a few days before they even invited me (yes, they even made ME wait :p) to ask if their conflict with SL would be long term and if they thought I could get some attacks headed my way when I switched.

We are all here to have fun, why can't that include me? Or was I supposed to unhappily sim or keep trying to spend gold while leaders of a pacted alliance kept undermining my efforts to advance. Maybe I was supposed to just hand my cities over for leadership to ration out while I ghost. Or should I have just not joined an alliance and allowed your alliance to take my cities with no one else to support me (SL did have attacks in the water less than one minute after I left RD even though I hadn't told anyone my intentions to join SS and was not completely decided yet). Now that's what I call being used and played by an alliance.

DeletedUser30763

I haven't read past this post yet... but I have to give props to Thresher's sexy mind.

Luk - you are an excellent player but this whole line of argument is absurd:

SS becomes a pariah because they recruit good players

YET:

SL started this world by trying to pact their way to getting good players. Actually getting all players it seemed. Who joins a 40 member alliance limit world and does this? Talk about trying to end-run the system...

AND THEN:

When the SL strategy was an evident failure they collapsed their federation from 3 to 2 alliances - THEREBY TAKING GOOD PLAYERS INTO THEIR ALLIANCE - THE VERY ACTION THEY ARE NOW WHINING ABOUT.

This is just one big merry-go-round of illogic.

And finally, SL will say "yes, we are in fact as guilty as SS, but you recruit enemies while take allies"

That is because EVERYONE is your ally - you only have one enemy and no one from your enemy wants to join you. Why would they? You have only 2 players worth even worrying about. You are way underpowered to have picked the fight with SS - and by throwing in your hand with RD early on that is exactly what SL did and SL knew it when they did it.

Stop griping about this and just live with the situation Sakuk et all created. You have no one to blame for this dumpster fire but your leadership.

I was not recruited out of SL by SS - I had left SL (the leadership dysfunction would take about 5 pages to adequately describe - and the guy who posted this topic knows it) and was just going to fight until rimmed.

DeletedUser30763

As it has been posted so far from people who have joined our ranks from our opposition.. You can see they did not get "recruited" in the style you think.

People have pride in the game and seek the entertainment value it holds and they will find it in some form. This is a strategic game of war. If you cannot provide what the people what, they will seek it for themselves... obviously not amongst your ranks.

You will never see an alliance who pacts the with world win, nor will you see a sim alliance win. It will be those who fight, shed their virtual blood, support their allies and assist in the success of their alliance to best all those who stand around them win this game.

The only thing I see so far is those who cannot contribute to their alliances needs open their mouths to cry treachery. Let's make good use of your mouth in another way (and I mean by using it to call war on someone other than those you obviously cannot win against). Maybe then you might grow stronger enough to soon call yourselves a true alliance to be reckoned with and find yourself amongst the Gods and Goddesses of this world.

DeletedUser

Might be bit off topic because not actually commenting recruiting now and anyway write to external forums very rarely.

Back in the days we made decision to back up RD against Sesame Street. sablestag pretty much sent one arrogant mail without any discussions and told not to help RD. We wanted rather fight, not leave our ally RD alone and also break the streak SS had to finish alliances inside a week. We thought that we would be able to do it with decent costs. Some members were not very happy about that decision and they knew where the door is and left. Outcome of that decision is that our progress maybe slowed down a bit, but still both RD and Shadows are still around when phase of the game is gone further and eating alliances in a week is not that easy anymore.

It is not such a fuss and drama having a war in war game.

DeletedUser30111

Hello friend, as I'm sure you're aware things have been heating up between our alliances and Reservoir Dogs. I understand you guys hold a pact with RD, and I just wanted to discuss your participation in this fight. We'd like to fight RD 1 on 1, without your interference either offensively or defensively. I understand this may seem like you would be turning your back on a pact mate, but this is not your fight, this is between us, and we can not stand for another alliance to be supporting our enemies.

Please let me know what you are thinking on this.

Arrogant? I thought I gave you a fair offer, and was quite polite about it.

DeletedUser

sablestag could you describe me where is the offer in your mail? In offer there should be some kind of twist what makes offer an offer, instead of it being just a notice.

DeletedUser

I get board reading long posts and tend to skip them.

Short and sweet please fellas (and gals) :p

DeletedUser17561

I have only 1 more thing to say on this topic and then I will bow out of the discussion:

Everyone invests a lot of time in the game.
You join an allinace to win - there are exceptions (those wacky first week disbands, friends who play together) but 90+% of players join to win

Given that everyone spends a huge amount of time here and wants to win - the leadership of the alliance you join owes it to you to make every effort to make your alliance as effective as possible.

Our alliance has leadership that obviously understand their responsibility. They have made a concerted effort to bring in the players that give SS the best chance to win.

The membership of SS is owed that from the leaders and you are owed that from your leaders.

DeletedUser30111

sablestag could you describe me where is the offer in your mail? In offer there should be some kind of twist what makes offer an offer, instead of it being just a notice.

I put it in my last message sakuk, but I quoted it

DeletedUser

listen-here-noob.jpg

DeletedUser30111

I was trying to say I put it in my last post Ash, but for those that can't read ;)

"Hello friend, as I'm sure you're aware things have been heating up between our alliances and Reservoir Dogs. I understand you guys hold a pact with RD, and I just wanted to discuss your participation in this fight. We'd like to fight RD 1 on 1, without your interference either offensively or defensively. I understand this may seem like you would be turning your back on a pact mate, but this is not your fight, this is between us, and we can not stand for another alliance to be supporting our enemies.

Please let me know what you are thinking on this."

DeletedUser18514

Everyone invests a lot of time in the game.
You join an allinace to win - there are exceptions (those wacky first week disbands, friends who play together) but 90+% of players join to win

If it was you investing a lot of time in game, you won't let your def thread go behind at 3rd page. Otherwise you would do some efforts to save that city, like posting "More defense needed" or "City's complately empty, I need someone to cover me there". You just posted info about city and attacks, and let it go. Loosing that city was reason why you left, right?

DeletedUser17561

If it was you investing a lot of time in game, you won't let your def thread go behind at 3rd page. Otherwise you would do some efforts to save that city, like posting "More defense needed" or "City's complately empty, I need someone to cover me there". You just posted info about city and attacks, and let it go. Loosing that city was reason why you left, right?

Even I don't feel like reading a post long enough to fully catalog what I think is wrong in SL and why I left. The city was the least of it.