Starting a world together

• Thread starter DeletedUser23222
  • Start date

DeletedUser23222

My friends and I would like to start in a new world in the same ocean... in the same island group. We all tried Delphi and would like to try another world... only this time together.

But this has proven impossible unless there is a special procedure. We just tried to start Heraklion, we all joined in teh same exact second (timed thru Skype) in teh NW quad... and we ended up scattered all over 44.. from one corner to the other.

Then one of us logged onto Cornith.. and tried to invite the others to avaialble grey invite spots... no luck either because we all have existing accounts.

So how do you do this?

Is it possible for friends to all start together? Frankly - this is make or break for us, so please help out if you know how.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
To my knowledge you can't join like you're thinking about. Typically if a group of players who wish to play as a team start off in the same ocean they consider it ok.

DeletedUser

OldDragon ~

As far as I know the only way to start on same island is by inviting to your island. The only way to do this is one person start on the world you're planning to join pick a spot on that island and get the link/information provided and give it to player 1, then move to another spot get the link/information and give to play 2 so on and so forth. Although, this has been messed up recently I'm not sure if it's back up and running you'll have to await a moderators response on that question.

I hope it helps. :) Good Luck to you and your friends !

~ Lane

DeletedUser

One player can invite the others if they wish to create a new account. Worthwhile if all you really want to do is play together.

Joining the same second doesn't guarantee proximity and never has (especially with my experience in premades).

DeletedUser23222

Followup on starting a world

One player can invite the others if they wish to create a new account. Worthwhile if all you really want to do is play together.

Joining the same second doesn't guarantee proximity and never has (especially with my experience in premades).

Thanks so much for the quick reply... two followup questions if you dont mind

1. I thought creating a second account using the same IP address was prohibited by INNOgames. I know the gold balance in my first account would be lost - but I dont care because playing together is the only way we will continue to play since proximity is SO IMPORTANT. It's not fun to be surrounded by inactive accounts, inexperienced casual players, or players that don't speak English. Hey - I am not exaggerating at all!

2. We tried the invite system on Delphi.... it DID NOT WORK... the invited player was randomly placed in the ocean just like a normal start. He was subsequently rimmed - twice - by hostile neighbors and gave up on Grepo.

There are several of us waiting for the next speed 3 world - if we can't start together then we won't waste our time waiting.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
You are allowed to have 1 account per world. So if you create a new account and use it on a newly released world your other account can't join it or else you'd be breaking the rules. An IGM would be more well versed with the ingame rules than I am however.

DeletedUser

1. You can have as many accounts as you'd like, however, only one account may be used in each world at any one time.

2. The player must accept the invite via the email link provided when you invite that player. If he didn't accept the invitation correctly (via the email) it would just be like a regular start. However, I haven't personally used the invite system so it might be worth trialling it on older worlds or somebody else can give some more direction.