Statistics and Speculation on Coalitions for Wonders

• Thread starter DeletedUser54495
  • Start date

DeletedUser54792

OSG: Umbilical Cord. Absolutely vital in the very beginning, but useless shortly after birth? :p (it sounded funny in my head)

But seriously, you guys were the group to beat in the beginning. You had a major advantage in the start, you should have easily been able to solidify your territory and be THE powerhouse in this world. I am not sure where that went wrong, but clearly you have a lot of hard work to stay in the race at this point.

DeletedUser54495

Although I still think OSG has a very good chance of winning wonders so half-disagree with some of what you said, that analogy is freakin great LOL.

Stay Cool were also kinda the umbilical cord, you could say.

DeletedUser54792

No... they were the Placenta. So very important in the beginning, and so very messy and disgusting later on.

OSG for sure has a chance. Just saying that had they continued on the path they were on in the beginning, it would be the rest of the world trying hard to catch up.

DeletedUser53503

Didn't read any of the above comments after my post due to obvious reasons so here is my stat now;

1) "Quadripartite" the new MRA of the world, taking in whatever they can get all over the oceans (don't argue, it's true, not saying this in a bad manner, there isn't a single argument you can provide against this statement, to provide some context; 3/4 Branch Winners + Turtle Time + Oceans Veterans + Killer Bunnies + small allies). #1 to win Wonders due to sheer numbers they have available. Turned out like most slow speed world and most allies is in a good spot but not guaranteed to win. Due to many locations of players will they have proper ability to win wonders? We will find out in the next episode of Grepo ball Z.
2) OSG: lack of 100% build up core, was MRA in beginning of world and everyone had them to disband, turned out to have quite a few good fighters and managed to stick together. Due to being out-MRA'd are now in second position. Teamed up with Simmerville so out of the top12 it is currently OSG (3 branches) + Simmerville versus the rest of top 12.
3) nobody noteworthy since both MRA's took everyone else in

Good enough summary for anyone not involved in this world and the most accurate one
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

GL to all involved.

DeletedUser27063

Look who is saying this? What? Where is your savage alliance? Forgot to mention them in your coalition? It's sad Lords of Anarchy disbanded else we would have witnessed another OSG4EVERYONE. Don't be so specific, OSG diplo was too bad that none of the other wanted to work with them. Now they are hurt so they send their players to brag on the externals to cover up the failure of OSG leadership when it came to diplomacy. And my friend, Everything is fair in love and war and this is no different. If you can't handle these kind of politics , I don't think Grepolis is the place where you will be able to show your swag Mr. Swagalacious.

DeletedUser54495

Look who is saying this? What? Where is your savage alliance? Forgot to mention them in your coalition? It's sad Lords of Anarchy disbanded else we would have witnessed another OSG4EVERYONE. Don't be so specific, OSG diplo was too bad that none of the other wanted to work with them. Now they are hurt so they send their players to brag on the externals to cover up the failure of OSG leadership when it came to diplomacy. And my friend, Everything is fair in love and war and this is no different. If you can't handle these kind of politics , I don't think Grepolis is the place where you will be able to show your swag Mr. Swagalacious.

Dude you are so poisonous chill out? Please. This is why the externals are getting more and more dead

DeletedUser54495

When OSG has multiple branches, they cry "OOHH Huggers! Simmers! omg you guys are so bad!" when they join up half the server for wonders, they cry "it's tactical diplomacy" and "sorry that you aren't good at politics"

You have got to be kidding me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

Where is your savage alliance? Forgot to mention them in your coalition?
Apparently you really can't keep up to date. After the time where you said something completely wrong (addressing Shards as a separate team to OSG even though they merged into OSG a while ago), I would have thought you would make an effort to check up on recent events before commenting again? Savage Alliance have been marked red to OSG for about a month and a half now, so they definitely aren't in our coalition.

OSG diplo was too bad that none of the other wanted to work with them.
That's funny. Because there's a bunch of evidence to the contrary:
- The pacts/NAPs that we had in early and middle stages, which we were actually criticised for by members of Tripartite.
- A fairly friendly relationship with Winners for a considerable amount of time.
- Killer Bunnies trying to cuddle up to us more than once, after they realised that they still couldn't win even after NAPing or pacting almost every other alliance that they shared a border with in order to focus on us.

Lords of Anarchy disbanded else we would have witnessed another OSG4EVERYONE.
So you are criticising us for a piece of diplomacy that you think we would have done, while bragging about how your side's diplomacy is great for making a coalition that outnumbers any other team? Is it me, or is that more than a little hypocritical?

DeletedUser41523

Right this has been an exciting conversation and all. But its time to acknowledge facts and lay the debate to rest. So here it goes.

The only difference between the Quad diplomatic strategy and the OSG diplomatic strategy: Quad's allies made it to WW. OSG's disbanded along the way and merged in.

The Final Race Results
Quad: 5
OSG: 1
OWS: 1
Euphoria: 0

There's no point in speculating who crowns after that. Could be that Quad runs through the remaining wonders. Could be OSG does it as Quad and OWS go inactive. It'll all come down to activity.

DeletedUser54192

The only difference between the Quad diplomatic strategy and the OSG diplomatic strategy: Quad's allies made it to WW. OSG's disbanded along the way and merged in.
I think part of that has to do with the fact that OSG's allies were typically smaller alliances, while Quad is made up of 3 of the 5 big teams of the server. Also, didn't you say earlier on that Tri had no official relationship with Bunnies? You lot only fully teamed up with Bunnies just before WWs so far as I can see, which puts a slightly different spin on your statement.

Are you saying that Tri wouldn't have called us huggers if the situations had been reversed, and we'd been the ones teaming up with Winners and KB? Because based on the attitude in earlier stages of the game, I'd say that you would.

DeletedUser43485

Any chance we can move the discussion past the:
"-You're huggers!
-No, you're bigger huggers!
-You have 10 sister alliances!
-You have 675 sister alliances!" ?

We get it, everyone's a hugger. Moooooving on...?

DeletedUser41523

Right and OSG had 4 of the top 15 alliances in their collective + small allies. And when we began working with some of the teams we did such as Winners we didn't know they'd one day be #1 in the world. Its just one of those ball bounces that went our way. The KB deal was just finished this week after Mart left. Plain and simple, they were interested and an open team that.

Like I said....the only difference between the Tri and OSG diplomatic plan was that most our allies made it to the end. And the fact is that both teams can't really point the finger at the other on hugging. Which is why I reacted the way I did when someone pointed the finger at us for hugging.

But my personal opinion is that this pact list is only an issue now with some in OSG because they only now just realized that sitting in O44/O34 and fighting KB's side purely as their signature fight wasn't the best idea and it might cost them. That or they were banking really hard on us falling apart with a WW dispute.

DeletedUser54495

So... wonder era is just around the corner... threshold is at 248.65 mil. All I am going to say, is that I am looking forward to the ride that is soon to come, and may the best team come out on top :)

Simming time!

DeletedUser54495

Hahaha at this rate it will be delayed another week anyways :p

I'm not complaining.

DeletedUser47799

Ill actually be going for ww with my 4 man alliance we werent really set up yet but i got a island so once i get that ww come and get me!
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif