Stop the flipping of cities whilst in revolt

DeletedUser41859

Proposal:
On a revolt world alliances are resorting to flipping cities that have been put into revolt by an enemy, thus ending the enemy revolt.

Reason:
The elimination of alliance members to trade cities that are in revolt is not something that the game developers had in mind (correct me if I am wrong).
The use of Helen to shorten the time to get to RED revolt, I believe is being exploited now far too often and is a detriment to the game mechanics.

Details:
I believe that once a city is in revolt by an enemy, the game should not allow a friendly takeover until 24hrs have passed or the enemies revolt is over and city is no longer in the alliance possession.

Once a city is put into revolt the game should not allow alliance members to revolt that said city until 24hrs has passed.

Balance:
It will balance the mechanics of a hostile takeover vs a friendly one to be handed back to the owner at a later stage.

Abuse Prevention:
I believe this proposal will eliminate the current abuse of using Helen during wars to prevent the loss of a city unfairly.

Summary:
I believe it is not in the spirit of the game as the ease in which to hand a city over is being exploited to circumvent the game mechanics of a hostile takeover. These cities are then handed back to the original owner and the enemy has literally no chance of a successful takeover as this is constantly repeated.

I think that flipping between sister alliances will continue to be prevalent but is currently considered a hostile takeover until such time that the game takes into consideration of NAP's/PACT's.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

DeletedUser55187

I see this causing a huge disadvantage when an alliance is having to fight for an inactive internal as the alliance won't be able to revolt it if an enemy does first.

But of course, simply leaving an alliance or kicking a player is an easy work-around to avoid this, so it doesn't seem like a worthwhile change.

DeletedUser55084

I love city flipping. I'll do the same thing even if I don't use Helena to revolt someone. If they're too incompetent to CS when RR starts, they don't deserve the city.

DeletedUser51423

I think that it can be assumes it's a legal tactic or else Helen would exist as a hero. Exactly how is this an exploit? It's a defense tactic.

DeletedUser41859

I think that it can be assumes it's a legal tactic or else Helen would exist as a hero. Exactly how is this an exploit? It's a defense tactic.
Well i'm not sure that it is a defense tactic. If it was meant to be a defense tactic then the attacker should also have a means of countering this and there is none...therefore i believe it is a loophole.

In any scenario there should be two possible outcomes and this scenario there isn't....

But happy to see peoples thoughts...

DeletedUser41859

I see this causing a huge disadvantage when an alliance is having to fight for an inactive internal as the alliance won't be able to revolt it if an enemy does first.

But of course, simply leaving an alliance or kicking a player is an easy work-around to avoid this, so it doesn't seem like a worthwhile change.
Kicking or leaving the alliance at least causes communication issues on forums etc .. this would actually be a distraction and could help to even out the disadvantage.

DeletedUser48886

To me, this sounds like a player that is tired of sour grapes and trying to stop a tactic that is being used against him. It is annoying when it happens to you but you do have the same option of using Helen to avoid losing your cities. If this passes, I guess the next thing that will be put out here is that it needs to be illegal to block a CS with birs. It is a fair play tactic. You have the same option to get Helen and level her up to level 20, just like the alliance that is using the tactic against you. Then it is just as fair for you to take the city if you get there first.

Another option is to try to guess the time of the enemy's CS and send some birs to snipe it yourself. Then they don't take the city and your revolt still is active. It has happened before even when the city owner is active and on during everything. It goes to luck but still a possibility

DeletedUser41859

To me, this sounds like a player that is tired of sour grapes and trying to stop a tactic that is being used against him. It is annoying when it happens to you but you do have the same option of using Helen to avoid losing your cities. If this passes, I guess the next thing that will be put out here is that it needs to be illegal to block a CS with birs. It is a fair play tactic. You have the same option to get Helen and level her up to level 20, just like the alliance that is using the tactic against you. Then it is just as fair for you to take the city if you get there first.

Another option is to try to guess the time of the enemy's CS and send some birs to snipe it yourself. Then they don't take the city and your revolt still is active. It has happened before even when the city owner is active and on during everything. It goes to luck but still a possibility

uhmmmm no it has not happened to me. It is an observation which I believe is taking advantage of a part of the game mechanics which was not necessarily thought of. However it seems that most people who have responded here think it is a good part of the game...if more people are in the affirmative then majority rules :)

DeletedUser41859

It's called using Helena yourself.
That means using Helen all the time...ok send your myths with Helen instead of Urephon.

Once you get the revolt you are stuck with it unless your alliance cross revolts, which is an option.

DeletedUser41859

I think you are assuming the city being attacked is an inactive....

I am saying the player attacked is active and will send whatever bir snipe you send home or if the city is already stacked, the player will clear it before the friendly cs lands, while you are still trying to clear it with your attacks.

Triple posting
smiley_emoticons_flucht2.gif
....MODS GET HIM!
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif