Inactive Topic Stop Wonder Improvement while a Banned Player is on the island.

DeletedUser21774

Since this was stonewalled, effectively nothing new happens; aside from your alliance having to hastily take the cities if it's an attackable ban, or wait until he ghosts if it isn't. Apart from your post being an unnecessary 'necro', please consider using the gameplay questions section next time for issues like the above.

Spiffy comeback, if the forum were intuitively navigable, I knew what 'necro' meant, and I was willing to let my comment be lost in the morass of grepo-wikidom for the elite users who can't stomach the occasional question by serious gamers who are not serious forum snobs. I will take this response to my alliance however, minus the bizarre attitude.

DeletedUser

I don't see why forum 'snobs' can't be serious gamers too. Plus alot of these so-called forum 'snobs' who can't supposedly stomach a question from serious gamers answer most of those very questions. And Horus, I didn't know you had a bizarre attitude, nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Spiffy comeback, if the forum were intuitively navigable, I knew what 'necro' meant, and I was willing to let my comment be lost in the morass of grepo-wikidom for the elite users who can't stomach the occasional question by serious gamers who are not serious forum snobs. I will take this response to my alliance however, minus the bizarre attitude.

Okay, I will concede that this isn't exactly a linear forum to navigate if you don't post often or are new, but the quoted word wasn't a form of snobbery. The ideas section is sometimes plagued by people making off-topic posts, as well as the odd bits of spam. This gets repetitious after a while, my response is just indifferent or neutral.

I don't see why forum 'snobs' can't be serious gamers too. Plus alot of these so-called forum 'snobs' who can't supposedly stomach a question from serious gamers answer most of those very questions. And Horus, I didn't know you had a bizarre attitude, nice.

I think this might sum up the bizarre attitude bit:
3577df24-d517-487e-84e1-5ede2ce7e273.jpg

DeletedUser

I am completely opposed to this idea.

Although the current system can be abused, most players would not purposefully ban themselves to abuse the system...

If a player on the island was banned, this would get in the way of the whole alliance's growth as due to the inefficient appeal's process, the time taken for a player to ghost is 3 months, by which time the opportunity to develop a WW island will have been lost.

DeletedUser

I am completely opposed to this idea. It is beyond insanity that an entire alliance should not be able to continue to level up a wonder because of one player's mistake(s). Using the tactic to punish the majority who cannot stop a minority of players from breaking the rules should not be implemented.

In fact the current system ALREADY punishes alliances with a banned player on the world wonder islands. Once the 2-3 week unattackable ban is over the account goes ghost. Meaning that the progress on the wonder goes back down to 0 on its current level.

IMO it already goes too far in punishing the alliance for one players up.

Yeah there is no reason that a whole alliance should get punished. Your talking about be unfair with not being able to attack those two cities and it gives them 2+ weeks of feeding the WW. But then if the whole alliance gets banned for someone elses mistakes then that the same amount of time they cant build it up and it becomes very unfair to them.

DeletedUser27700

I agree with the counter instead. Let people attack banned accounts after 1 week during WW era. That way either the alliance the player was in, or the enemy has a fair shot at the cities.

DeletedUser23649

Oppose. When a player with wonder towns is permanently banned, their alliance is already punished for the rule-breaking of that one player. Control of the island is lost when the account ghosts, and there's nothing the alliance can do to take the banned player's towns before it happens. If the banned player ghosts when a level is in progress, the level is lost; if the wonder is on level 10, the top level is demolished, making that wonder available for other alliances to finish. This is disastrous for the alliance, completely out of their control, and could easily decide a whole wonder race.

In my opinion, bans already have far too much of an influence on in-game tactics and strategy. Bans should punish the rule-breaking player fairly, they should not be a game element like this.

The proposed block on alliances building wonders while a single town on the island belongs to a banned player would encourage even more tactical reporting than there already is. Besides, are we now going to punish alliances for having a wonder player in VM? That has the same effect in protecting certain wonder towns.

Counter-proposal: Make wonder towns attackable when their owner is banned. This would resolve the unfairness in both directions by making the towns available for either friends or enemies to conquer, and thereby remove the influence bans currently have on wonder strategy.

I completely agree with this response but not the counter proposal. I understand why the proponents of this are arguing their point, I would counter that the banned players alliance should get one week to reclaim a WW city before it's open to attacks by anyone.
Personally I never understood why permanently banned players can't be attacked until the city ghosts.

Thane Badger

Phrourach
I am in the same world as Abigaill Thomsen. Omega.

Omega was a great world to play in and retained far more players than newer worlds for a long time.

That is, until some bright spark in Abigail's team decided to create a pogrom against 2 opposing alliances and had 6 players banned on the same day. While I don't condone cheating or object to cheaters being banned. I didn't cheat but I got punished for it because I allowed some players who did cheat to join our alliance.

That just killed the world and cost innogames many months of revenue.

My alliance ended up with banned players on every world wonder Island 2 weeks before World Wonders started. Another alliance ended up with no world wonder Islands because one of the leaders was banned while he was helping out in their academy.

The result for us was eventually we lost a level 8 with about 20 million of each resource a level 8 with 6 million resources and a level 7 with about the same. The game would have ended there and then with a victory for the alliance that induced a mod to carry out a one sided investigation had we not leveled up one of our wonders to level 10 about 20 minutes before the banned players went ghost. It "only" ccost us about 6 million resources and we managed to rebuild it first over a couple of sleepless days.

After playing for over a year, I don't think that it's very satisfactory to have the whole game decided by who can induce a mod to investigate the most players on the other side. Punishing players in such a critical way for the actions of other players who they only have a remote connection to is entirely short-sighted.

Banned players should not be put into suspended animation for any amount of time under any circumstances and Gold dripping into their account should have no bearing on how long they remain on the map. It's too open to abuse. For example I could join another alliance get onto one of their World Wonder Islands and then stock up on Gold and get myself banned. I could get the account details of a disgruntled player in another alliance and do the same thing. In fact I have been offered accounts by disgruntled playerss in other alliances to do exactly that. The simplest cheat in this game is to abuse the banning system and as a result the game becomes a farce.

Our alliance never caught up with these set backs. As the biggest alliance we ended up with just 1 World Wonder. The other alliance that had players banned ended up with none.

World Wonders is pretty boring and a fairly dumb solution to finding a "winner" adding in a stupid method of disabling other alliances just makes it too much of a risk to devote over a year of playing.

As a result I think many of the best players in Omega won't be playing another world.

This game is a good concept but it's too full of stupid flaws that never get sorted out.

This situation can be solved by either making all bans follow the same format for 24 hours / 5 days / remaining time. either have a non attackable period in which the player can appeal, then allow him to be attacked or have the ban be attackable for 5 days so alliances can fight for his most critical cities before imposing a block. Going from instantly banned to instantly ghost is unsatifsactory and far too unfair to the alliance he happens to be in at the time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I agree completely. The player is punished, but the alliance shouldn't be i.e loss of a w.w

DeletedUser

Whe have now a simmeler problem in world Knossos
Alianse named Legion of Death won the ww by cheating (Multie accounting) and botting (yes you have a lott of bots to defend you , to gold digg up,faster resourses you name it more gold means longer in ban
Now 2 other members from them are banned both on a ww island so whe cant attack them or anything
with this 2 and from starting the game 60% of ther alianse got banned
So would be nice if in the futere as soon a player get banned and he is on a ww island its stops them from sending resourses to that island
untill he ghost or ban get lifffed up
I hope this rule will get his votes and the rule will used by grepo soon
Atleast you got my vote

Thane Badger

Phrourach
So how would you feel if someone in your alliance got banned and you had no idea they were doing anything wrong?

I think that too many people think of these alliances as a real entity rather than a loose collection of people playing the same game over the Internet. There certainly shouldn't be any advantage over players being banned (less cities to defend) But other players shouldn't have their entire game ruined by something they didn't do. (players instantly ghosting after long periods of time).

DeletedUser

Whe have now a simmeler problem in world Knossos
Alianse named Legion of Death won the ww by cheating (Multie accounting) and botting (yes you have a lott of bots to defend you , to gold digg up,faster resourses you name it more gold means longer in ban
Now 2 other members from them are banned both on a ww island so whe cant attack them or anything
with this 2 and from starting the game 60% of ther alianse got banned
So would be nice if in the futere as soon a player get banned and he is on a ww island its stops them from sending resourses to that island
untill he ghost or ban get lifffed up
I hope this rule will get his votes and the rule will used by grepo soon
Atleast you got my vote

Tays you are chatting a load of rubbish now because you suck both as a player and a leader. Your alliance failed, in every way possible. We even got your WW cities.

So in addition to this it's a no from me, don't punish the whole alliance for one's mistake.

DeletedUser

Thats all you can say strikehard as this is a room for Improvements i will not reanswer
Not becouse i cant but becouse this isnt the room to fight another (think of that)
Whe have a problem in a world and this forum is for all worlds
Dont understand why grepo forums mods didnt delete your message you put in here

DeletedUser35080

Tays you are chatting a load of rubbish now because you suck both as a player and a leader. Your alliance failed, in every way possible. We even got your WW cities.

So in addition to this it's a no from me, don't punish the whole alliance for one's mistake.

strikesoft lol im on your ww island same way you got onto ours ,so thats no great thing 8D
banned on ww should get expansions stopped

DeletedUser31931

I am completely opposed to this idea. It is beyond insanity that an entire alliance should not be able to continue to level up a wonder because of one player's mistake(s). Using the tactic to punish the majority who cannot stop a minority of players from breaking the rules should not be implemented.

In fact the current system ALREADY punishes alliances with a banned player on the world wonder islands. Once the 2-3 week unattackable ban is over the account goes ghost. Meaning that the progress on the wonder goes back down to 0 on its current level.

IMO it already goes too far in punishing the alliance for one players up.

I agree. If one person is botting, the whole alliance shouldn't have to suffer.

DeletedUser

Whe can go on at this till whe die
i got red mark behind my name becouse i have say what i think
What i say is just as soon grepo find a player what bot or cheat at any way just ghost them
Cant understand why people get a 2 chanse if thay do things what isnt in line according to the grepo rules
You cant read it and do all sort of things against the rules its a ghost up right away not 3 or 4 weeks after
in 4 weeks you can fill up a ww and its not fare to the people what fight them Thay cant attack a player what is banned as its the same as vm
that what i am saying

So maybe i am hard if i say people what cheat need to ghost up right away
Just bang easy done no hard feelings he / she learn it for next time instat of he /she gets the answer dont do that anymore (player) you can keep your biggest accound other wil ghost up
I say you dont live by the rules you got no live here bye bye
you got gold use it for a next world but this world is closed for you

And yes maybe it whas wrong from me to put LoD name in it instat i hadt to say alianse ......