Strategy question about cities on same island

DeletedUser

Hi, question: is it profitable for the same player to own two cities on the same island?

Leone III

DeletedUser

it depends on the circumstance. no if the area is safe as you are wasting resources from farming villages but if your in a danger zone yes because you can get support and snipes to you much faster

DeletedUser42857

Also depends how many cities you have. Many players once they get to a certain size pretty much dispense with farming, maybe only farming a couple of times a day, or if you are lazy like me, once i get to about 20-30 cities i pretty much stop farming, so at this point the "farm" issue becomes a non-issue.

In red areas being able to back an offensive city up with on island defence is certainly a benefit.

Of course, come wonder phase, resources and farming do the become an issue so a lot of players with doubles on islands will swap cities out with other players to overcome that hurdle.

DeletedUser31385

Also depends how many cities you have. Many players once they get to a certain size pretty much dispense with farming, maybe only farming a couple of times a day, or if you are lazy like me, once i get to about 20-30 cities i pretty much stop farming, so at this point the "farm" issue becomes a non-issue.

In red areas being able to back an offensive city up with on island defence is certainly a benefit.

Of course, come wonder phase, resources and farming do the become an issue so a lot of players with doubles on islands will swap cities out with other players to overcome that hurdle.

Also during WW, taking over the farmless islands as a defense. It is worthwhile to have a few on one island if your situation allows for it.