StrikeHard's Film Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Named in the honour of StrikeHard, who was spamming a lil' too much for my liking. :p

So, you seen Ted?

DeletedUser

I'm honoured.

I was actually meant to watch Ted when it came out but I decided to go gamble and lose all my money on the slot machines.

I watched Skyfall that other day, it had good action in it but it was difficult to get into and the plot was poor. It was a let down as I really enjoyed the other 007 movies by Daniel Craig.

I think I will be going to watch the Hobbits soon. Seeing as I'm 5ft tall I should've easily gotten a place in there had I applied.

That is all xxx

DeletedUser

Yeah, I really wanna see the Hobbit too, quite annoyed that it's going to be in 3 parts though. (doh)

DeletedUser

Sors - it's Hobbit, not Hobbits!!! there's only one Hobbit :) I'm going to cinema today. It was my favorite book when I was kid and read it 3 times already. It's much better then LOTR tbh (book, dunno whether you've heard of books :-D )

Ted is rubbish - boring. You hear all jokes in first 5 minutes. Actually in trailer .. then they just repeat them over and over

if you want great move - try The Intouchables - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V8ZJ_8qARs

also Argo is very decent movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w918Eh3fij0 .. that's real spy movie :-D

but if you need action - Act of Valour should make you happy bunny

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

TLOTR are overrated as books, but they also set the archetype for practically all high fantasy in existence. WoW, for instance, fundamentally owes its existence to Tolkien. It's more the world he created. I tend to agree though, I did prefer The Hobbit as a book but I feel TLOTR will prove to be better films.

DeletedUser

LOTR was good. Although I have few objections against them skipping some bits and bobs, missing few important explanations and also ruining Battle of the Pelennor Fields with arrival of army of dead and skipping quite important part with mouth of sauron
but it was good .. :)

I agree LOTR was/is epic novel.. but Hobbit is actually more enjoyable to read. I think hobbit is tolkien's best book

DeletedUser31852

The intouchables is an amazing film... I dont know how it is in english, but the original french is awesome! really a pleasure to able to see it in native language (of film)...
Did you know the terrible translation they did of title in germany? The german title is "Fast beste freunde"-> "almost best friends". really looses all the extra meaning... at least america left it same ;p

DeletedUser

I'm going to say it only once during life of Actium forum.. Pushty was right
Hobbit is not even close as enjoyable as LOTR movie

Hobbit was my favorite book and was full of dialogues and fun.. they've made it as action movie and 3/4 of movie is just running, fighting and special effects.. not much of what hobbit is as a book

DeletedUser31852

... I really don't want to watch it ate all I am hearing about it ;p

DeletedUser

Lol, I'll definitely go to see it, but I think The Hobbit as a story suits a book more than a film. I could be wrong, but I feel a lot of what made The Hobbit great was the description of the lore, I don't think that can be crammed into 2-3 hours.