Studpuppy's diary: The rim

DeletedUser

So basically i decided to join the Delphi rim yesterday. I didn't expect much but so far i am enjoying myself and i figured i might as well share that enjoyment with you all in the form of occasional updates about what i hope will be a funny journey.

Within hours after joining i realized that i loved 2 things.

1. The Rim

2. Speed 3

I'll explain why later but first let me share with you the first thing i see after joining the world.
j93p53.png

My first impression was, "I'm screwed!"

But luckily, i am not a quitter (cough) and i realized a few hidden benefits of being surrounded by 10k cities. This ties into the reason why i love the rim: So i take a quick look at the farming villages on my island and realize that 2 are lvl 6, 1 is lvl 5, and the rest are lvl 4.
0381dcd29fb16d20a3a9ef8486bcc2e1.png

Now let me give you insight into why i love speed 3: With a couple hours of dedicated farming of lvl 6 FV's and a helpful administrator, i was able to get an academy in under 3 hours of my joining the world. I know alot of players complain about speed 3 because it is too fast but, although i have yet to leave BP, i find it much more fun than speed 1 or 2. I would like to get some other people's opinions on this as well.

Anyway, before long i get invited into the alliance Imperium of Man who has 3 cities on my island. I knew they would be a noobish alliance just by looking at their profile.
358t120.png
In spite of this, i joined anyway because i thought it would offer me at least some short term protection.

Once inside, i realized that we had a pact with the alliance that owned some of the other big cities on my island.
mbk1sm.png
At first i was like, "oh, that relieves some stress." But then i discover that we are pacted with about 10 other alliances, one of which includes an academy. I will admit that they keep a neat forum but really? 10 pacts? Oh and i forgot to mention that they share a forum with each (facepalm).

Next i find one other thing that made me chuckle about this alliance. If you recall from my earlier spoiler, this alliance grants "leadership control" to "brothers" Well...
akhpo8.png
Doh!

So that's about it for today. I hope you enjoyed reading about my 1st 2 days on the Delphi rim. More to come eventually :p

DeletedUser

Lol, I attempted to cast resources spells on you but beginners protection apparently blocks helpful spells too...

DeletedUser

nice work. I also have joined the rim on a few worlds, and it is fun.

DeletedUser

I too have joined the rim a few weeks back. Well not actually the rim. O53. Here's what it looks like:

2a7v3i1.jpg

Just wondering, why the heck are you looking for protection?! If that was me I'd leave! I love it when they attack me because of morale i lose 100 troops while they lose about 4-500 troops.

DeletedUser

I have also joined the Delphi rim.Surrounded by huge players.This could be interesting :)

DeletedUser

Just wondering, why the heck are you looking for protection?! If that was me I'd leave! I love it when they attack me because of morale i lose 100 troops while they lose about 4-500 troops.

Normally i would not want protection but i have school and stuff so i wouldn't always be online to enlist militia and it would just get annoying. After i get established i will prob leave though.

DeletedUser

I'm only here to get the tactician award really quick! So I don't really care much about anything lol. This is why I love morale at times.

210zga0.jpg

DeletedUser22940

and that there is a fine example of why he is in GSA and not ONE* LMAO

DeletedUser

Massive noob and a half! He attacks with me with def troops and unsecorted troops at times! Course I will show evidence!

2j2ay3p.jpg

35jz96e.jpg

[/
2d6th6v.jpg

If only I had 1 bireme!

Okay can't be bothered doing anymore :p

DeletedUser

Not the militia, they were on vacation. I was attacking with biremes.

DeletedUser22940

bahahahaha that is great

send them a PM with my coords :D

DeletedUser

Update

So in this update of my rim diary i will be telling you all about 3 things:
1. The kindness of [user]Aeternum[/user]
2. The Imperium of Man's attempt at getting me to join their wonder island
3. My situation in the world

So after reading my first post, a certain [user]Aeternum[/user] took a liking to me.
mayofl.png

images
This guy deserves a medal LOL! He has sped up my growth alot which is awesome because it's hard making forum updates that are funny without conquering things.

So anyway, the next thing i discover is that the MRAish alliance Imperium of Man that i happen to be in has a "wonder island" that they want me to join.
35i0yso.png
I clearly said no but he persisted and sent me another message
19y1c6.png
As if this would persuade me to colonize there, he sent me support both land and sea. I inquired about this and he accused me of being suspicious which made me laugh. I feel bad for any noob in that alliance who is actually convinced that founding their first city on a wonder island is a good move. Shame...

And finally, i want to talk about the my location.
The primary problem with my island location is that there is
6z4pok.png
So with a heavy heart i packed up my bags and left IoM which will perhaps make for some interesting attacks. So now i am lone wolfing with the help of Aeternum. What i am more worried about is what my first conquest will be. All the cities around me seem to belong to one of 3 big alliances that "dominate" my ocean. 2 cities near me that are not part of an alliance which has a big presence in my ocean just so happen to be members of the academy alliance of the alliance Aeternum is in. A very awkward situation if i may say so myself.

That's about it. I'm afraid i can't make these very interesting until i get conquest but i am trying. +rep for pitty points and appreciation of effort are appreciated lol. Until next time,

DeletedUser19043

Sounds like a good story
I was thrashing my fellow islanders in Delphi. I attacked them and then they started begging for mercy. I continue before getting conquered. ;D
After that I don't have time for Delphi.