Summer Speed Worlds

• Thread starter DeletedUser30092
  • Start date

DeletedUser30092

What happened to summer speed worlds? I remember there being some a long time ago and I was wondering why they aren't releasing them anymore for the past couple years I believe.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Simpy put, the servers cannot handle the speed worlds at the moment. On those speed worlds there are so many actions happening to quickly (troops recruiting, buildings constructed, farming, attacks, supports, conquests) that the server locks up when it tries to process them all. Currently there are no plans to have any speed worlds in the near future.

DeletedUser13405

Why could the server handle it back in 2012 but not now?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Don't know. Could be a number of things but it probably has to do with the fact that the game is more command heavy now. More spells, premium features (instant buy, gold trading, island quest rotating), more things in general. Chances are the increased number of things (for lack of a better word) has increased the server load. While the servers can normally handle this load, with notable exceptions being when hundreds and hundreds of attacks are launched at a single player all at once which causes that player to lag out, in a speed world where the speed would be anywhere from 5 to 10 times faster the servers probably can't process the increased number of commands. This is of course just my guess.