Passed Summon Mythical Units in Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal: One thing I've always wondered is why Mythical Units are created in the barracks the same way as regular land units. How can you "recruit" something divinely made? Myth units are all about Gods and favor so shouldn't they be created in the Temple. Also the proper term should be "summon" should it not?

Reason:
This is a small change but I think it improves the game in several ways. Firstly, it just makes more sense. Myth units are dependent on Gods and Temple level, so that is the natural place for them to be made. There are three types of units: Land, Naval, and Mythical; they each have their own separate premium feature (commander, captain, priestess) and (with the extra hero world research) their own 10% bonus academy research that only effects that type of unit. So wouldn't it just make things simpler and clearer if each type of unit had it's own building to be created in? Also it would incorporate the temple overview into the game a bit more; currently the only time one needs to visit the Temple is to change Gods. Finally it would give more of an incentive to build mythical units as they could be built simultaneously with regular land units in the barracks so one wouldn't have to sacrifice troop construction time to make a myth unit. How helpful would it be to a defender to be able to build swordmen and a Cerberus at the same time. Or for an attacker to que slings while also summoning a manticore.

Details:
See above

Visual Aids:-
My mock up:
summoncopy.png
Mock up by Corinthian II:
9BNSN.png

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I don't really see a way for this to be abused. But if I've missed something let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hm, I like it. Would be a nice way to get the Temple slightly more involved in the game, and it would certainly make sense for mythical units to originate in the Temple, rather than the barracks.

A yes, from me.

DeletedUser2663

I like this as well. It would make training myth units more sensible as you will be able to cut down on army train times and more people will incorperate them into their armies because of it.

DeletedUser

Makes sense. I say yes. Plus I never click on the temple. Ever. So this would be quite nice :)

DeletedUser

Yes, but...

It seems very sensible indeed. Doesn't change much anyways, except... some players have invested more on barracks than temples already, thus if so, it should only be implemented in new worlds. Some players have formed their strategy accordingly and it would propably be unfair for them if that changes without prior warning. :(

DeletedUser

i like this alot . . . and i think metalcore pointed out the main reason why this would be useful (it would free up trainings in the barracks and reserve them for regular troops)

i dont think it is a development, so i will move it to improvements

DeletedUser23909

I like this idea a lot. It makes a lot of sense and makes it more logical and intuitive. Another consider to this is also that I think that mythical units should not be available from the Phoenician trader. This doesn't make sense especially in light of summoning mythical units from the temple.

DeletedUser

Makes sense. One issue that might be addressed is "training time." Mythical units, in my mind, shouldn't need to be trained because the gods give them to your city primed and ready. The time it takes to develop enough favor for them already limits the rate at which you can train myth units.

I agree with Ed Norbery, the merchant shouldn't have myth units. There should be a way to get the myth units you want for more resources and no favor as opposed to the traditional way, but it doesn't make sense for the trader to have a harpy in the boot.

DeletedUser

this idea has been switched to Pending . . . wat that means is that this idea is ready to be put in a poll and will be voted on in the near future :)

please continue to post your feedback on this idea

DeletedUser

It's kinda sloppy, not too pleased with it, but oh well, it serves it's purpose, I guess..
Edit: I deleted my previous post, so just to clarify I mean my mock-up is sloppy, not this idea!

9BNSN.png

My thinking was that the current squares with the myth unit icons would still remain where they are.. this would mean that you could still find details of each God's myth units by clicking on their icon, and hovering over the myth unit icons.. below this, the Temple window would be extended slightly (without over-extending past the base borders of the Grepolis window) and in that space would be the recruitment slots. The advantage of Grepo's training window is that it uses the ticks/crosses, so there's no need to have any fancy "Summon" buttons..

DeletedUser23909

I think you should always need favor to get a myth unit. After all the gods are supplying them and you would always need their favor to get anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.