[SW 7]I am afraid that....

DeletedUser

I am very afraid that I am turning into a negative guy over here, but I think Star Wars 7 sucked big time and I am not talking about CGI, which is only a tiny part of the movie. I am talking about the overall feel I had after I watched it. This is not the place for long rants because nobody gives a rat's tail, so I will just name a few:

1. Out of ALL the planets in the universe, the movie, AGAIN, started on the desert planet.
2. What's up with the evil's guy sword? I mean it is a light saber, which is suppose to be light and his sword looks like a Crusader's two-hander.
3. As if 2 Death Stars was not enough, now the super weapon is round again, same weapon principle and it is a planet now. But this is getting better, the planet sucks out sun's energy...anyway, this whole idea is a fail to me and I can go on and on about it. FAIL.
4. Movie just feels like Star Wars 4, but in a different wrapper.
5. H.Ford was in the movie just to make some dollahs.

These are just a few. The whole movie felt like a huge let down, it felt like an Epic SW Saga was just pooped on for the sake of making some money by a lot of untalented people with absolutely no imagination.

And I have noticed a trend going on, he bigger the hype about something, the suckier it actually is. I praise the internet and its abilities !

Amen, dear readers.

DeletedUser31385

Disney didnt even use George Lucas's script. They completely made their own. Blame Disney for it sucking.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I rather enjoyed it but I went in fully expecting it to not live up to my expectations. I mean with how much the prequel trilogy were hated, the hopes for a return to the original awesome of the franchise were quite high. There was 0 chance it could live up to that kind of hype.

My opinion on why it seems like a reboot of episode 4 is that they wanted to draw parallels with the first movie. Plus that let them totally confuse us as to who was gonna do what. I really thought Finn was the new jedi. Also I feel like the reasoning behind the new "Death star" is that the First Order is trying to establish themselves as being as big and as bad as the Empire used to be. They are basically a child trying to one up their parents in an effort to get respect.

All that said, I really hope they stop hinting back to the old movies and just move on a bit with their current cast and plot.

DeletedUser

And I have noticed a trend going on, he bigger the hype about something, the suckier it actually is. I praise the internet and its abilities !

I think that's pretty much the point of "hype", getting people to be super excited about something that turns out to be a total let down. The problem is that people get their hopes so high that no matter how good the movie is in the end, they're disappointed.

I really liked that Star Wars, although my friends didn't. They thought it was a remake of the old ones, but I didn't mind that at all honestly :D

DeletedUser49162

I rather liked the film. It did of course have flaws and we all have our own opinion. I think a big reason for the ideas being taken from 4 was just to settle us back into star wars and for the nostalgia kick. I think the next 2 will probably be new altogether but I'm only guessing. Also even if Ford was only in it for money the film needed him. He was really the main star of the show and pulled the film along. While yes the death star bigger and better idea could do with a revamp it wasn't too bad. Also I quite like the hype. The whole curiosity and wanting to know how it will be.

DeletedUser

1. Out of ALL the planets in the universe, the movie, AGAIN, started on the desert planet.
It was very different though, and set up Rey's backstory as a scavenger up perfectly.

2. What's up with the evil's guy sword? I mean it is a light saber, which is suppose to be light and his sword looks like a Crusader's two-hander.
How are you not excited to find out more about his lightsabre? I think it looks ing amazing :D

3. As if 2 Death Stars was not enough, now the super weapon is round again, same weapon principle and it is a planet now. But this is getting better, the planet sucks out sun's energy...anyway, this whole idea is a fail to me and I can go on and on about it. FAIL.
Yeah this whole sequence was the weakest point in the movie. Also the fact that I just did not care about the republic being blown up. Where the prequels had waay too much political babble, TFA had too little of it.

4. Movie just feels like Star Wars 4, but in a different wrapper.
This is the most common complaint I see, but I disagree. The relationship and motivations of the characters are different. The general political landscape of the galaxy is different. This movie is about the legacy of the events of the original series. It was going to be somewhat derivative in some way. Kylo is holding on to the legacy of his grandfather, The first order is holding on to the legacy of the Empire, and Han and Luke are holding on to their failures, one as a father and the other as a mentor and leader. And then there's Rey, who is holding on to something that we still don't fully understand. It has to get the ball rolling, and I think it balances playing it safe while also setting up an overarching plot. ANH was triumphant, while the end of this movie is more like ESB. The galaxy has been thrown into chaos, the first order didn't even act like the loss of starkiller base was a game changer (Snoke was just like, whatever, get back here with Kylo. We have more important things to do.) and Luke has only just now appeared, but he has the face of a broken, grief stricken man who has failed to live up to his legacy and his failure has now cost the lives of possibly trillions of people, but also his best friend.
I think this movie will be better received (atleast by the people who really don't like, the general response from most people I've talked to is very positive) within the context of the sequel and whatever comes after that. ESB was very poorly received critically when it came out. It had no real ending. Things just happened to set the future in motion. Only after RotJ did a lot of people see why it had to happen. And despite being the best movie of the series, it has numerous flaws, like the really nonsensical passage of time, and that retarded space slug that looks like a sock puppet and added nothing to the movie other than "hey there's some wacky shít in space in case you haven't noticed yet."
This movie could have been better, but everything can always be better. It is what it is, what it wants to be, and what it feels like it needs to be.

5. H.Ford was in the movie just to make some dollahs.
Yeah he's become a grumpy old man in general, but he did serve a purpose in the movie imo.

Disney didnt even use George Lucas's script. They completely made their own. Blame Disney for it sucking.
for real? That may be the best thing about this movie. Lucas is amazing at building a world, but aside from ANH his writing and directing is pretty god awful. TFA would have been so much worse had Lucas been involved.