Inactive Topic Switch silver from cave to cave

• Thread starter DeletedUser14397
  • Start date

DeletedUser14397

Disclaimer: Im thick so this might not be at all perfect :)

Proposal:
Allow you to swap silver from cave to cave

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive':
I have looked and have not found anything like that, if someone has then well done i never :p

Reason:
I just feel it will be a good idea to allow this idea

Details:
you would move silver from cave to cave just like you do trades from your own city but by using the Cave button from Admin there will be a button like (switch silver) you wont be able to move silver if in siege

Visual Aids:
None but im sure someone could do one for me :)

Balance:
i dont think this will muck up the balance as the attacker and defender will get the same use from it

Abuse Prevention:
No Abuse Can Be Done as far as i can see

Again i did disclose im thick so try see past the dumbness and see the point im making

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

It does seem like a good idea, but we need someone else to knit-pick it. I'm sure there's some possible abuses.

DeletedUser14397

i dont see how there could be a possible abuse if all you can do is swap silver from your cave to cave

DeletedUser18132

I suppose you could argue that that way you could send a lot of silver in one go, but I don't see anything wrong with that, so yes from me!

DeletedUser

i dont see how there could be a possible abuse if all you can do is swap silver from your cave to cave

Well, for example, if one of my cities is being conquered and that city is loaded with silver I could simply swap it all over. So if you think about it, this sort of robs players of a conquest bonus.

DeletedUser

Well, for example, if one of my cities is being conquered and that city is loaded with silver I could simply swap it all over. So if you think about it, this sort of robs players of a conquest bonus.

Well if your city were under siege you wouldn't be able to do anything on that city , so you wouldn't be able to transfer out silver just like you're not able to transfer out resources.

With proper implementation of the transferring of silver from cave to cave I think this could work. Such as an appropriate travel time and the limit of silver you're able to send ( could differ with the cave level and stop at a certain amount once the cave reaches 10).

DeletedUser23986

Well if your city were under siege you wouldn't be able to do anything on that city , so you wouldn't be able to transfer out silver just like you're not able to transfer out resources.
If i am online, and see i cannot defeat CS, i will empty my caves.(i do even now by spying enemies, but this would be better)

Second thing, we would need travel times for transfer.

Third, It would allow one to easily fill his caves in warline city, by pooling silver from many cities(it can be done even now, but there will be no risk of res getting wasted due to shortage capacity, and would be much easier )

DeletedUser

With proper implementation of the transferring of silver from cave to cave I think this could work. Such as an appropriate travel time and the limit of silver you're able to send ( could differ with the cave level and stop at a certain amount once the cave reaches 10).

Your first and second points are solved by what I mentioned above. You could also act the same way with your marketplace but if there is a limit then it can be abused.

Your third point can be done as well by using a marketplace, although you are correct that it would be made easier if this was allowed for silver because of the no storage limit of a cave.

DeletedUser14397

but you can easy load it back p from your own stacked caves if you dont have any stacked caves then you might want to start loading them up :p

DeletedUser

Your first and second points are solved by what I mentioned above. You could also act the same way with your marketplace but if there is a limit then it can be abused.

Your third point can be done as well by using a marketplace, although you are correct that it would be made easier if this was allowed for silver because of the no storage limit of a cave.

Ah I see that part.

DeletedUser

wooly not sure if i like this idea because spying a frontline enemycity would result in hundreds of thousands of silver. its bad enough failing with a 100k spy

Varun

Strategos
Its a yes from me.

Some points here may already been covered. So please bear with me. I have elaborated them the best I can.

1. Swapping silver is a big no-no during a conquest or a revolt. (In case of a revolt, if the colony ship is not sent in time and the revolt period ends then swapping will be allowed)

2. There has to be travel times which will be reduced as the level of the cave increases.

3. There will be time penalties in case of difference of cave levels. For example, you send 8k silver to a level 8 cave from a level 10 cave then the silver will be a bit slow in getting there. But silver sent from a level 10 to a level 10 or level 8 to a level 8 won't face any penalties at all.

4. All silver sent to WW islands will face no time penalties regardless of the cave level,

5. A player can send silver only to the cities in his ocean. Like City A in Ocean 34 to City B in Ocean 34. This will reduce the spy abuse.

6. No such swapping is valid to other cities except your own. A player has to hold his/her ground sometimes. If a player from the alliance wants to send silver then he has to do it by trading and no other way.

7. The trade time of silver from one player to another will be more than this swapping feature.

That's what I could think of. Will post later if I get better ideas. :)

P.S. +rep

DeletedUser23986

5. A player can send silver only to the cities in his ocean. Like City A in Ocean 34 to City B in Ocean 34. This will reduce the spy abuse.

6. No such swapping is valid to other cities except your own. A player has to hold his/her ground sometimes. If a player from the alliance wants to send silver then he has to do it by trading and no other way.
5 and 6 are good points.

But, to the idea. WW cities will get superstacked due to this. Atm, you can only send a few hundred thousand silver(max) via trade to refill caves. With this you can send millions. So if an alliance manage to burst in the cave on a ww island, it can be refilled in millions in only a few hours.

Varun

Strategos
5 and 6 are good points.

But, to the idea. WW cities will get superstacked due to this. Atm, you can only send a few hundred thousand silver(max) via trade to refill caves. With this you can send millions. So if an alliance manage to burst in the cave on a ww island, it can be refilled in millions in only a few hours.

How about this, then? WW islands will still have no time penalties but a restricted amount of silver can be sent, say 50000 per city. Of course, the time would vary with the distance only that it will be slightly less.

P.S. Slightly is an understatement. :p

DeletedUser

3 months into my current world my biggest cave is around 700k silver right...

if i sent that cave and all of my 30 cities to the front most city which may be at risk of spies then thats great yea it helps me...

however i do that, use all that silver and still fail on an enemy city it is too much.

DeletedUser33530

Decent idea and the game rules prevent any abuse. I feel like this be a feature for only premium users though.