TBT To When Everyone Said We'd Fail

destroxxi

Phrourach
From the early days that Zero Fox Given was announced, it seems like people have had our number. There's been all kinds of crazy predictions, from saying the leaders lied about their roster.

To challenges and chest beating in the forums by rival leaders.

yq10Xy3.png

When the roster showed up and the challenge was accepted we were given more doubts and excuses.

(Usurped by own alliance, ironically for being dramatic)

Yet here we are and he is gone. The spread out start worked. We cored up in the oceans and now have firm grips in our areas and our rival's oceans. There's no internal issues to speak of. Really the only thing stopping us will be inactivity or coalitions.

(Joined ZFG then ghosted)

(Not really sure what happened to him.)

To even just personal chest beating against our own players.

(Ghosted)

There's always been some ridiculous predictions in Grepolis I've found. But I haven't seen a such a strong roster get picked to lose out before and by some experienced leaders at that. Whether it was wishful thinking or if people actually believed this, I guess we'll never know. But for now we now sit atop 2 core oceans and rank second in the other two. There's obviously many fights and months to go but i'd have to say, joining Lato and ZFG was probably one of the best decisions in Grep I made. I've had tons of fun playing with these people. I've also had a good time against our enemies, many fight well and are fun to chat with. We're still here and I figured we could all laugh at some of the predictions here.

Also we can't be the only ones who can look back and laugh. Nor were we the only ones with weird predictions against us. Feel free to post some interesting quotes about anything predicted about you or your alliance below. Or just to talk about a weird experience in Lato.

Lol I log on to these forums first time in months and I see the mediocre player on not one but every world he plays using a quote at the start of the world. Where half of my alliance decided to chicken out and run like a bunch of girls. Try again bro, better yet win a world or make top 10-20 once in awhile.

DeletedUser41523

Few things.

1) This is mostly a joke. But glad it pulls at your heartstrings enough to make you return to a world you ghosted on to address it.

2) Wasn't aware we've shared a world recently so not sure you'd know about my playing level. You're welcome to return and test it though.

3) That's cool and all, but you still ghosted. Mostly because you didn't want to work with another player I presume. Or just didn't want to fight them without your current team's help. Maybe for other reasons i'm not aware of, i'll be fair about it. But assuming the former, that's sort of the definition of mediocre in my book. But hey, I guess i'm just the pot calling the kettle black so what do I know?

DeletedUser53868

ok, i thought ZFG was going to fail but now I see their dominating but.. why fight and destroy if you don't want to win? What's the point of that? Yea, I know, WW system is tricky but still so much effort and gold to refuse to win?

DeletedUser41523

It's for the fun of fighting And attempting to own the core four oceans while facing off against good leaders and teams like MP, BZC, and WAR.

Someone else can win WW. We're content with this. That's fun for us. Seeing if we can pull this off or if eventually the world swats us down.

DeletedUser17513

considering how many enemies we fight on how many fronts, and how many cities we take from those enemies, cities lost are not even close in the comparison, hell war was 5 conquests ahead of us when we started this so called "war" with them, tho now they are down about 15, our wars with MP and BZC are only starting to heat up, tho at least by my opinion BZC and MP are not wars yet, as we don't focus on them, yeah there may have been some major take overs but still nothing that would indicate alliances entire effort to fighting MP or BZC, currently we are focused on battling war.. humble opinion :rolleyes:

DeletedUser43325

Yeah we get it, what you consider "wars" are only ones that you are winning. And you chose to drop the way you did, you cant use "how many enemies we fight on how many fronts" as an excuse. If you want to act like you're the best then I dunno maybe at least be better than all the alliances you're fighting.

DeletedUser17513

i did not want to provide excuses, however it is true, in every ocean that we have cities in we have at least 1 or 2 enemy alliances that we actively def from or attack them..
and no, i don't consider wars only that we are winning, tho when you guys start to take cities in 54 or 55 more actively and we start taking your cities in 64 or 65 then it will be a war, but so far you guys are concentrating on taking cities we already own in your oceans correct? so there..

DeletedUser41523

Personally I view BZC as major mostly because both teams are in position to make it a major war, which right now they're winning.

Also Zam, we have no pact with Cream.

DeletedUser53868

It's for the fun of fighting And attempting to own the core four oceans while facing off against good leaders and teams like MP, BZC, and WAR.

Someone else can win WW. We're content with this. That's fun for us. Seeing if we can pull this off or if eventually the world swats us down.
Or is ZFG trying a coup on grepolis? To see if INNO realizes that WW system its not the best?

DeletedUser41523

Well hopefully Inno realizes this already. But we're just in it for the fun of playing. There's no real protest here.

DeletedUser

will amuse you all when misery wins this world........

you can all come around for a beer and think what could have been ;)

DeletedUser17513

will amuse you all when misery wins this world........

you can all come around for a beer and think what could have been ;)

well i did make a bet with few of my team mates that 1 ally on the rim will win this world.. cuz all alliances still alive in the core oceans will be busy fighting it out.. so rim will concentrate on WW's i think at least..