Top 12 Teos

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41523

At for Kitty, he did what he did in Tegea, left when the going got tough - even though, as usual he was so far behind the front line it was difficult to see him.

At what point was the going tough in MP when I left exactly? By the time I left, MP was holding sieges on LOE, constantly catching your players offline, and had crushed a lot of your coalition at the time. This was after having probably the worst start in grepo history with our location being sniped by 60+ multi accounts that got banned. Which bought you guys a month of us not being able to properly get going and challenge you guys as we'd probably have liked. As for Tegea, you seem salty about how you crashed and burned. Yeah I left as did Phi, as did most the useful people. When we left we were the top team and winning our wars, I had cities shared with BZC and have been on every front line for every war I've been in since Olous so not sure where you got this front line non-sense from. Only reason I can think of is that you're personally trying to justify your own existence/explain away your failures. Most of us left over your bad leadership and refusal to cut your friends than actually having a tough opponent, me and Phi had dealt with tough competition during Lato and Olous came with a lot of its own frustrations. However if it makes you feel better it wasn't all you. Once again I was working a job where I couldn't play a 6/6 and check my alarm reliably. And again, rather than embarrass myself and not do what I demand in my teams, I left. For me that's the only acceptable option in that position because I can't really set high expectations for others that I'm not able to fulfill myself.

Gonna gloss over most the rest. Its been covered. Its not going anywhere so we'll just leave it. But one thing caught my eye.

I don't think LOE got stronger. You played an easier world (skill wise) where you managed to out MRA your only main competition. Partially due to reasons you listed for sure, I'm not going to sit back and claim that MP would have played nice with a mass coalition of their own. Then again, they were never interested in doing that. Personally I think you guys are weaker than when you started. I mean you came in off Helike where you dominated and are leaving Teos trying to justify your existence at all. So lets not pretend that if you landed on a more competitive world right now that you'd hold up. That's not to say its hopeless or that LOE can't fix itself. But to quote you "wake up and smell the roses". Teams that lose 100+ towns aren't really considered that strong now a days and most teams that do manage to get hit with triple digits usually tend to at least have multiple fronts against above average opponents. So stronger is definitely a reach, there's lots of work that needs doing. Best of luck in doing it.

DeletedUser54340

Interesting takes on all fronts here. Being a player that has known LOE leadership for eons - I have to say all naysayers have it completely dead wrong about them. The witches are kind people that make skilled collaborative decisions - even if it means dropping an individual or a team from a pact. the only and I mean only time you could possibly think they are not on the up and up - is that you or your team were not trustworthy to begin with.

the fighting - i will agree that MP had some of the best fighters combined on one squad. their precision was a thing of beauty when they put in the effort. sadly instead of choosing this route for the majority of their operations, they chose mostly to spam and land CS' by continual spamming. I know as I was a recipient of enough of it to know and yes I too lost some cities. But in order to actually get a win here, you must defeat the mind of the enemy and instead of defeating LOE, they strengthened the minds of LOE. LOE got stronger - changed tactical strategies and outlasted the spam long enough to wait for MP to make several mistakes. you could use a sports analogy here that you should never allow your competitor to stay in the game long enough to get a chance at the buzzer - but in this case we just actually started the 4th quarter - not even close to the buzzer. so - i do agree they are better team fighters (with or without the spam)

massive mistake - MIK had a city under siege and near 300k DLU onboard - he ordered the full flyer attack from his entire team. While a thing of beauty to see, it was a huge mistake because it was nothing but pure selfishness to save his own city - especially when he let a few of his team cities go soon after this with MUCH less DLU or BRIMS in the city - and they certainly had the flyer count to accomplish the kill in more than one occasion.

bullying - I cannot speak firsthand about this, but I certainly did see many players lose a city to us and before the siege end, they were dropped from MP and immediately internalized - several former Duck players come to mind here. so anyone saying the opposite is either lying to themselves or just delusional - really no other choice here - trying to compare a weak player in a subpar group with a weak player in MP just isn't intellectually honest.

spamming - Todott is 100% correct here. LOE as a team was not a part of any kind of spam campaign. one or two members may have retaliated, but thats it. MP on the other hand had two brands of spam - one was the every 10 minute hc for hours that would then continue with another MP player for up to 24 hours but usually just during a player's sleep time. what a garbage way to play the game. for myself - i took these in stride, shut the alarm and played for the second half of the server with no alarm and thrived in spite of the nonsense. now i understand that this is a war game and in real life - all is fair in a war - so if that is the direction grep is going - to completely mimic a true war like feel where you pound your enemy 24/7 then future winning teams are going to be ones that have the ability to recruit teams that are equally spread around the globe and can work in shifts to run spam operations as well as defensive operations. this will not be for the highly skilled grep player and will morph the game and likely force grep to institute new rules. The other brand of spam was the more traditional constant attacking to a few cities by the entire team to force an opening for a cs and make it near impossible for the defender to orchestrate any kind of snipe. they would carry these operations on a weekly basis changing targeted players as they went.

final thoughts - as i said before the game is much more than being the best fighting team, or even the best political operator. a team must have parts of both of these qualities, but the most important quality is the ability to defeat the enemy's mind and will to fight. Mik may have the first pieces of the puzzle, but clearly is weak minded - especially when a leader ghosts and leaves his remaining team to suffer the end of the world. I used to have respect for this guy but no longer.

cheers everyone - bubba

Raydium88

Strategos
Like I've mentioned on a prior post, I have been mostly an inside spectator this world, to advise and see how leadership would run their course through what has been one of the harshest spam war fronts, of any server, I've seen.

During these last couple of months I've seen my teammates getting hit non-stop by MP players taking shifts in order to get the buzz and alarms going 24/7 over a span of days. Forcing these to either turn off their alarms or cycle VM turns in order to get 1 night sleep and break the spam cycle. For you all saying LoE won by placing meatshields, stop to realize how much the Witches, tod, tog, bubba and most of LoE core team has endured to still be fighting here today. I have nothing but admiration. And I too was at the end of the stick in a couple instances... and I too lost some cities. MP players will think we're exaggerating, but perhaps they weren't fed the whole picture... how mere 4 players could carry these spam "OPs". And to think it all began because some 3rd party player decided to spam?... without any of our involvement, and I know cause I was in a Leaders chatroom to see it all unfold... as well as efforts to seek answers because there was genuinely no involvement. No shadiness. Wether you believe it or not, feel free to prove otherwise. Like I said before, it all sounded to us as a petty excuse to justify MP wanting to spam. And spam they DID.

Of course I am not to say all MP are spammers. Absolutely not. There's great fighters and kind ppl too. Some whom I consider good friends. No story can be narrated in black and white, and this one is all pretty gray as it stands.

No server can be won by aggression alone. It comes as a combination of the latter, coupled with logistics and people management. MP understood logistics to an extent too... after all they merged the, at the time, biggest team in the world and followed that with Stooges also. Not even 2 weeks ago they were in a better position than us in term of player resources. So do spare me and the forum the one-sided ignorance. What MP lacked truly was on the team management... I don't doubt Mik is a hardworking player and leader BUT is he good with people? Does he let his emotions and ego surface? Those are ofc rhetorical questions.

LoE may not have played a sparklingly clean server on the war scores front, but it proved how endurance and perseverance pays off. And personally I think the Witches did an amazing job, managing the team in what was a server scarred by attrition and many sleepless nights.

Last edited:

Silver Witch

Strategos
No one disputes that MP had the experience, skill, coordination and (after merging with the Duck group and stooges) the player base capable of winning here but what they lacked seemed to be the focus on the end goal.

Individual cities/battles are just that. Points on a path to victory or defeat. The real challenge is to win the war and that means Dominating with 40% of the cities. MPs focus was at all times on us presumably as the only team they thought could beat them. That can be seen in this thread. We were not even close to them at the world start yet the misinformation and propaganda seen in this thread has effectively made this forum so toxic that no one bothered to use it.

To say that we were an MRA and all the world was against Mik is plainly ridiculous. MP are the ones who pacted/merged with 2 major alliances. Their treatment of the less active/experienced members of these teams did force the numbers down rapidly but that doesn’t change the facts. Our ability to find food to fill all the slots MP generated with their endless attacks was because we didn’t pact the alliances closer to us with the exception of Hades.

The spam/24/7hc whatever you want to call it was a feature of MP play start to finish. Only a few joined in and i too wonder if the majority of the MP group even realised what was happening. It has meant that sleep deprivation became the norm. Its within the rules but frankly to me that isnt within the spirit of a game. Theres no glory in finding a player offline and taking a city when that player is too exhausted to care. Personally I'm a working mum with 4 kids. Lack of sleep puts their lives at risk so I too have switched off my alarm for large parts of this server.

The Dom era in this world lasts 6 months before a drop. We are 2 months into that with 35%. No one achieves that by simming.

DeletedUser41523

My experience with LOE was that they classify anything that wasn't an internal suiciding their troops on a team mate as spam. All while trying to brush by the fact they pacted with people openly advertising that they'd spam us. That also goes for their many coalition members as well. The sheer amount of messages I saw being shared in the chat and in game pretty much ensures I'll never really take a spam claim seriously by anyone from this team again.

All I see is a group that got embarrassed in a fight and knows it coming out of the wood works after months of silence to try to explain away their failings and why they deserve the win. Which is honestly is pretty satisfying to watch I'm not going to lie to you all, because I can tell even all of you think its a load of crap. On top of the entertainment value its pretty satisfying to see that you guys really didn't take anything valuable away. Its the same team as before. Average, unintimidating, overspending to compensate for these drawbacks, and looking for the thinnest excuse to justify their existence in conquest.

DeletedUser14682

i took scalp of mostly all enemies nearby as well, u do not talk about it i see :cool:

I have family, 3 kids, 2 huge responsibility jobs and i cherish my sleep, disrupt it from time to time only, but in general number of hours spent in game and aggressivity i display in my game, rarely any1 can match, what i lack in my offtime (4hours sleep) i overcompensate in my game time, its a known fact.

DeletedUser51423

massive mistake - MIK had a city under siege and near 300k DLU onboard - he ordered the full flyer attack from his entire team. While a thing of beauty to see, it was a huge mistake because it was nothing but pure selfishness to save his own city - especially when he let a few of his team cities go soon after this with MUCH less DLU or BRIMS in the city - and they certainly had the flyer count to accomplish the kill in more than one occasion.

I don't post much for myself on the forum anymore, but this is something that needs to be clarified.

Miknel didn't call this siege break, the team did. He called it lost and he was outvoted. That siege break was a thing of beauty and everyone in the alliance participated and didn't even question sending because if anyone deserved an all hands on deck siege break that was so epic the server lagged for over an hour it was Miknel. The amount of time dedication he has for is team is quite remarkable. You might not like him, but he does deserves respect. Anyone who plays with him is better for it if you actually take the time to learn.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I don't post much for myself on the forum anymore, but this is something that needs to be clarified.

Miknel didn't call this siege break, the team did. He called it lost and he was outvoted. That siege break was a thing of beauty and everyone in the alliance participated and didn't even question sending because if anyone deserved an all hands on deck siege break that was so epic the server lagged for over an hour it was Miknel. The amount of time dedication he has for is team is quite remarkable. You might not like him, but he does deserves respect. Anyone who plays with him is better for it if you actually take the time to learn.

Considering i was still there watching mik get in siege by needle and post it way late and it had way more defense than any other siege on anyone else in MP that they let go.
i call on pretty much everything said right there, especially the last 2 sentences.

Congrats to LoE for the win, cant say either team deserved it but glad the world is over, see ya all in the next no morale world, hopefully a less toxic and spammable world most of us can enjoy from start to end.

Torq you the real skype MVP of this world :eek:o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Witch

Strategos

That does place that break in a different light. It was an awesome display of strength at the time. Love him or hate him theres no doubt Mik runs a coordinated team, dedicates a lot of time to the game and generates real loyalty amongst his own players.

Raydium88

Strategos
I don't post much for MYSELF on the forum anymore, but this is something that needs to be clarified.

So let me get this right!...

Please correct me if I am being really dumb and/or paranoid, when I can clearly assume you were playing with/for MP in this world. Which begs me the question....... all that crap MP players, and alike, gave Silver on her being a mod playing this world, what do those players have to say now? Cause it wasn't just upsetting as a friend to read some of the accusations being raised, but knowing they had been keeping a mod themselves amongst their ranks surely leaves behind a sour aftertaste... hypocrisy that is.

DeletedUser46902

You might not like him, but he does deserves respect. Anyone who plays with him is better for it if you actually take the time to learn.

And anyone who plays against him is treated to his special brand of abuse and insult. l've played a number of servers but l have never experienced his brand of toxic venom. So play against him .majick and then come back and tell me you still respect him.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
So let me get this right!...

Please correct me if I am being really dumb and/or paranoid, when I can clearly assume you were playing with/for MP in this world. Which begs me the question....... all that crap MP players, and alike, gave Silver on her being a mod playing this world, what do those players have to say now? Cause it wasn't just upsetting as a friend to read some of the accusations being raised, but knowing they had been keeping a mod themselves amongst their ranks surely leaves behind a sour aftertaste... hypocrisy that is.

Congrats Ray, you are right, magick plays in MP in all of their worlds and according to their own council she is not a good player, shows no real interest to play actively, grows slow and so on... you can probably guess the reason why they keep her :)

p.s. after Mik "rebranded" MP and created the new ally, they didnt even want to recruit her and for 4-5 days she was in other ally...

not gonna say her in game name or anything else, just glad this world, its toxicity and hypocrisy is over with.

Raydium88

Strategos
not gonna say her in game name or anything else, just glad this world, its toxicity and hypocrisy is over with.

I really dont want to know what her ign is, if she's good or bad, active or not... If she wants to play, that's fair. Is only the hypocrisy and unfair treatment I can't stand, and so we can both agree to be glad it is over with.

DeletedUser54340

I don't understand your commentary - if you don't post for yourself that is. Are you actually Miknel - that would seem to be the case if you are now posting for yourself. And the nonsense about him saying no and the team outvoting him is absolute garbage. This is a great time to bring back a great movie quote from "A Few Good Men"

Bubba "A moment ago you said that you ordered Lt Torquemada to tell his men that Santiego wasn't to be touched."
Mik "That's Right"
Bubba "And Lt Torquemada was clear on what you wanted?"
Mik "Crystal"
Bubba"Any chance Lt. Torq Ignored the order?"
Mik"Ignored the order?"
Bubba"any chance he forgot about it?"
Mik"NO"
Bubba"any chance he left the conversation and said old Mik is just wrong?"
Mik"no"
Bubba"so when Lt Torq spoke to the platoon and ordered them not to touch the siege - any chance they ignored him?"
Mik"you ever served in an infintry unit son?"
Bubba"no sir"
Mik"ever served in a forward area"
Bubba"no sir" (not true but we will go along here)
Mik"ever put your life in another man's hands, asked him to put his life in yours"
Bubba"no"
Mik"we follow orders son - we follow orders or people die its that simple - are we clear?"
Bubba"yes sir"
Mik"ARE WE CLEAR?"
Bubba"Crystal - Mik I have just one more question before we call magick, silver and witchbane,

If you gave an order - that Santiego wasn't to be touched, and your orders are always followed, then why would Santiego be in danger? why would it be necessary to transfer him off the base?"

Mik"Santiego was a substandard marine..."
Bubba"that's not what you said - you said he was being transferred because he was in grave danger"
Mik"that's correct"
Bubba"you said he was in danger, i said grave danger? you said is there any other danger? I can recall what you said from the court reporter's transcript"
Mik"i know what i said I dont have to have it read back to me"
Bubba"why the two orders? - Colonel?"
Mik"sometimes men take matters into their own hands"
Bubba"no sir you made it clear just a moment ago that your men NEVER take matters into their own hands - your men follow orders or people die"

so you see the nonsense about Mik being overruled is a pile of cow dung - a strong leader such as Mik would never allow such questioning of his orders. be gone black magick - speak to us no more your lies.

and frankly even if what you said is true - the above still applies - when men don't follow orders people die - either way that was the beginning of the demise of this group.

DeletedUser41523

I wasn't gonna comment again since I've said more than my bit. Then I saw this.

Needle-in-eye WINS again :p

I had daily sometimes over 300 attacks, lost cities, take cities of toughest opponents too, held that siege that miknel broke using entire alliance flyers, breaking 300K ldu stack out of selfish reasons, maintaining the illusion of not be beaten. I often hear bad words about me, cheater and other crap. In my past i had broken the rule in one server opening account that I shared with my original account, to use it as a low moral driver on the other side of the map from where I was, not to have conflicts. I used rules within the game to trick game, the advice I got from other players using this trick. I never cheated again, not in this server nor any other before that one. Mistakes in the past are just that - they are past.

Several LOE Players have basically sworn on god that I made this even up to slander Silver. Yet here it is.

@Silver Witch Handled this exact case and let the guy off the hook. She knew exactly who this guy was in this world and took him in and played on his side. As a mod. She even personally handed cities off to him. I believe by MP if I hear right. Honestly, I can accept the loss. The strategy behind the loss. The spamming. The working with people openly advertising about spamming us (also weird that a mod did this). That weird sob story/virtue signal about spam from this past fall (again something a mod really has no business trying to do). And the pretentious explanations about why MP lost. All part of the game. But really struggle to tolerate why a mod, who should be held to a higher standard than anyone else in the community, gets to cherry pick people who have now openly admitted to this plenty of times for the sake of winning a game that they're supposed to referee. Its also pretty well documented that this isn't Batalo's first offense and there's enough conquest players on LOE's side from all speeds that I find it hard to believe that she's unaware of that. Its also not really some one off mistake, the guy truly tried to convince all of us in TBWC to take after him (something we at TBWC also explained in our tickets to Silver). Unlike Silver, we had standards and immediately kicked him. And this is really why I'm not a fan of Silver Witch. Say what you will about anything else I've said here, call me salty, call me petty. This is still crap and there's no excusing it.

Now I'm sure she'll try to either BS this away, delete it, or remain silent and just hope it goes under the rug. I just hope anyone else on her team reading this holds her to the standard she clearly is unable to hold herself to and just not play with her in the future. I'm not even saying give up the win, just don't play with this person in the future.

Ya'll can say what you want about Mik. He attacks a lot. He demands perfection. He looks down on people who won't go the extra mile for each other. He's impatient. But he's morally consistent.

As for “abuse” thrown your way by Mik. You’ve had Randall1971 on your team since Helike. I don’t want to hear it. You’re both perfectly okay with people slinging verbal abuse.

@Baudin Toolan I just want you to see for yourself. Since I doubt you'd believe word of mouth.

I've screenshotted Batalo's comment in the event this all gets deleted. Which I'm perfectly fine with sending this thing higher up and asking others to do so as well if it does.

Edit: @bubbabrown being on at the time Mik got on siege. I can confirm that Mik came into the room. Admitted he screwed up and let it go. Other people determined that they were sending and it snowballed.

I just don’t get why people say it was a mistake to do so. It’s still being talked about a month or two later? And it’s not like they bled cities out after. It feels like it’s less a mistake and more people just being really annoyed that they didn’t take a city off of Miknel. Which is understandable, I can tell he’s pissed a lot of you off and you guys maybe really wanted to get one on him.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56454

Sorry for the long post!

I'm going to add my opinion.. I would like to think I'm fairly unbiased as I have never been in MP or LOE but I've been at war and allied with both. Worth mentioning I spent most of my time on Teos on the frontline against MP. I was in friends when they were at war with MP, then in Just Golding against MP and I was an original in Stooges, against MP again. I was frontline when stooges went against LOE tho too.

You would think having been at war with MP would have tainted my judgement of them, especially if you read all that is posted about their unfair play.. and the odd diplomatic disagreement! I can I honestly say despite being on majority red islands a lot of the time, MP never spammed me. Sure I got lots of attacks and worken up often but I would never call it spam.. they were always respectful and occasional banter.

MP are far the better team.. the way they play as a team is impressive.. if they land a cs it is tough to do anything but watch and admire!
I used to play first gen worlds and there are few alliances that would stack up to those back then but I'm certain MP would rival them. They have been more than deserving of winning here and it's not only a shame but embarrassing for everyone who played here that this is not the case..

I left because it became clear that most of stooges were wanting to hug the world.. sim it up and try to wiggle into taking an easy crown. There were basically 6 if us trying to hold the frontline and everyone else retreated north and turtled up, providing no help..

My opinion of LOE isn't great.. they seem to have simmed and turtled up, merging and creating coalitions in order to achieve the win.. I saw no real skill when fighting other than some excellent ninja turtle moves! I'm sure this was not the aim if Domination..

Stooges nearly merged with LOE and a shared discord was created.. not once did silver write in that chat.. for the leader not to show any interest in players that were signed off ready to join and had joined the chat to build relations, I would say that poor.. had the merge have gone ahead, I would never have followed. Many of LOE shared the opinion that the leadership there was poor. You have to give Miknel credit that all his team has his back and I've never heard a bad word against him from inside their ranks!

An unfortunate end..

Harriden63

Chiliarch
I rarely speak because tbh I am very lazy.

Just my perspective, humans are really faulty acknowledging that and being willing to forgive and move on, shows grace and kindness .

I have seen nothing but respect and decency from LOE leadership toward their players.

The references to defence personal and comparing this game to what happens in real warfare is so insulting and deeming I am just blown away.

In all honesty this is a game remembering that we are not curing cancer or fixing world hunger or any of the other million problems humans face at the moment is important, a reality check is needed, what is the cost to be kind and respectful to peoples real lives, and I did see a complete lack of respect for that from MP.

Also saw and heard some really revolting things said in different chat rooms that were all without foundation, said to suit the narrative of the teller.

This should be fun ,insult and take in kind assuming we are taking the piss not whatever is going on here, again this is a game with real people who have real lives that matter.

DeletedUser55701

Here is my take on everything mentioned.

About the Siege break that broke the server:
Mik came on posted his siege and called it LOST. Eventhough it looks like Mik is the only one calling the shots, it was never the case. MP had 5 other leaders and they decided to call the break and all of us(players of MP) accepted their decision as we always do. There was really no one more deserving than Mik for that legendary break.

It wasnt the only big break that we did in this server we also did a break on a Maybor city which was sieged by Stooges with full support from both LOE and Stooges. We always had a lot left in our tank when it came to the flyer count.

Why didnt we break the sieges on other players?
First of all, for those who speak as if we lost all our flyers in that break and were bleeding cities. It was never the case we had a recipe event starting within 24 hrs when we did the Maybor break and We had atleast 30-40 full flyer nukes left after Mik break. We never lost multiple cities on the same day(only talking about OG MP players). Most people who ended up in siege was not OG MP, They were recruited somewhere down the road on this server and their ability to respond to alarms and prevent going under siege the following night even if we broke it was of question. As for the OG MP players getting under siege, it was mainly due to alarm failure and we tried our best to overcome that.

About the bullying culture in MP:
MP demands few basic things at all times.

1. Always respond to alarms
2. No form of cheating

When a merge happens, we take in all kinds of players and so those who don't meet the requirements ends up getting the boot.

The players who met the requirements were always treated like family.

We had a lot of big players when MP merged with the chickens but most of them were like "We get spammed by GOH so we wont have alarms at night", Those players also ended up in siege on a regular basis and we, MP did our best to try and break a few but when the same happened everynight it was just not worth saving the player who couldnt bother to respond to alarms.

About the spam:

Yes we did spam on occasion and it was always explained by the leaders why we were going for spam on that particular occasion. And no, we were not manipulated with "They spammed us first" message. Everytime we spammed there was a solid reason behind it and we stopped as soon as the result was achieved. Also no, result wasn't landing a CS.

If anything, we were always targetted and spammed by random recruits of LOE, From kinman, sema, mortenu, randall, some more random rim accounts and then later even more random rim accounts to Icy mind and Needle-in-Eye.

About the defeat:

If we didn't have any standard for our player base and how we played the game we could've won the server but that's not us, We valued a clean game and the fun of war more than the win.

Hell, we had a guy who was a very important part of the team, who was loved and adored by all of us evicted because of a minor form of cheating.

We had several guys who got kicked because they weren't showing online but a hc on a dead trip was met with automated militia (oh guess where they ended up? LOE, because these guys had more DOM cities than the players on LOE's 'n' number of branches and thats what matters).

I will give credits to some LOE players tho because they made slots at a much faster rate than we did(Oh no not by fighting but by simming). It is what it is, The Most dominant, co-ordinated and well organized fighting Team got outsimmed in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.