Text Alert

DeletedUser

My wife and I do not have a smart phone. It's a older style flip phone that has a small text window and can get email text to it and display the message.

Is there anyway I can get Attack text alerts to go to a wireless cell phone like that?

DeletedUser

Or is there an application I can put on my computer that would see Im under attack and then send a text message to that phone?

Surely someone has figured out how to get text messages sent over the phone for those who do not have those I-phones or smart phones?

DeletedUser5819

I don't know for sure, but attack alarms were not allowed before the integrated one was released, and using something to emulate a premium feature is a big no-no (is the attack alert prem? I have never used it).

On that basis I suspect anything that does the same job but isn't the ingame one would be disallowed.

Having said that, the best way to get an accurate answer is to send in a ticket and ask. If they say alternatives are permitted, then you might want to come back and try again asking the community if anyone has one they would reccommend.

DeletedUser

I do not believe you have to pay for attack alerts. But what a player told me was that you must have an I-phnoe or android or some such thing to get the alert.

All I have is a cheap little flip phone and some basic service. but it does have a text screen and I do get the occasional test message. i figured someone here would know how to make this happen.

So I don't believe this wold be emulating a premium feature but perhaps if I'm wrong someone can straighten me out on that.

DeletedUser

Ok. I made a ticket out of it and the answer was pretty clear. It's the APS that can download onto those phones that will get the alert. if I don't have the right kind of phone that can download the application and run it....I cant get the alerts.

So I'd have to buy a better phone to get the free alerts.