TFP Vs DoA #2

DeletedUser

Hello all, seeing as the original thread was put on ice I decided to do a new 1..aint I a nice guy ;)

So all the talk now is about inactive members..

I was wondering, what DoA was expecting us to do? Allow them just to take OUR cities, in our heartland? I think not, if we did not you guys would, so that is not a "statagey" but common sense. I am sure at some stage you guys would have done the same in your own heartland..

As for the war, yeah, it seems to have been come a slugg it out match, and the true winners of this will be the alliance that has most active and capable members ( us lol)

any way, I would ask that any posts in this thread be kept to bussiness and fun..no insults or accusations of 1 thing or another. Hope to hear from you all..

enjoy the game, and remember IT is a game

yours...kamikazebomber

DeletedUser9300

Hey there kamikazebomber. Thanks for starting a new thread, I look forward to future posts from both sides.

First off, I agree that taking own inactives is common sense. However, let's look at the motives for taking inactives; you guys are getting pushed back, thus the need to fill your now-open city slots.
As has been said before, starting a war just to survive isn't the most prudent thing to do.

Second, I think your statement of TFP having the more active and capable members is false.
Let's review a timeline of the war: (please correct me if I'm wrong)
1. TFP attacks DoA out of the blue
2. TFP gets demolished in 76, holds its own in 64, turtles in 75.
3. TFP merges with training alliance.

As you can clearly see from the merge, TFP did not, in fact, have the "more active and capable members". To try to even the playing field, they merged! True facts, bro. :)

And to TFP arguments of "we're smaller, you should have wiped us out by now", badnight put it perfectly, why is IoA still around in your core then?

yours also, TheOmega :)

DeletedUser

People continue to assume IoA is small and powerless,they landed and CS on one of -players and provided 1k+ bris,in their city's we see similar and if not more troops,IoA continues to hide under the title training alliance,when they are ranked 6th in ABP and 5th in DBP.

We can ask the same question why are formal PL and players that should be in PL,in O64?

Finally with the top 2 alliances being close allies,delta was theirs,i mean you agree that delta would be boring for DoA,IoA and TFP if it weren't for this war,we were int we position sit there and let DoA grow to a unstoppable size or attempt to take them now...SO basically it was war now or DoA would grow to a size we wouldn't be able to handle...

Not to say were smaller DoA should of rolled over us,but really
*DoA is bigger in player and alliance size
*DoA is allies with TH
*DoA has a "training alliance" quite big
*DoA has more BP and therefore more city slots
*DoA has more city which means more pop,which means more troops...
*Black took DoA's side.
*IL wants to move into 75 and 74.
As H17 Said "The Question is,why shouldn't DoA win?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Haha, IoA is neither small or weak but in TFP areas we are not especially strong although we have excellent players. It is interesting how so many people make bold statements without knowing how the opposition work or realising that things take time. I guess this means that IoA towns are not being cleared at will? I remember one of the posters here proudly bragging about that.

Now for the training part. IoA is a training alliance, we take in smaller players, help them to grow and some move onto DoA when the time is right. This is the definition of a training alliance, simple. The relative size of IoA is because we are well established, have our own identity that complements DoA and are one of the oldest training alliances (IoA has been around as long as TFP).

As for the rolling of TFP. I have said it before and I will repeat again. You do not beat big alliances through conquests, that hasn't been possible since may last year. You beat big alliances by out maneuvering their diplomacy and by wearing down their key players. This process is currently underway as part of the war and the effect can be seen as TFP bleeds members without replacing them.

How to demolish the next myth, size. It's amazing how this has become a 'David versus Goliath' fight in the eyes of some. If you simply add up the points of the main players yes I'll agree it looks bad
HUNS - 20kk
DoA - 19kk
IoA - 9kk
vs
TFP - 12kk
By my reckoning that wold be a 4:1 in our favour (minimum), right? But at the same time not all that strength is in the same area so if we work around the oceans where fighting is occurring and the adjacent ones we have a block of 9 key oceans ... 64-66, 74-76, 84-86. If you work through these 9 oceans the difference is much smaller, approx 500k. So what? the nasty DoA/IoA/everyone can still send support which is true but this assumes that TFP are truly on their own. I hate to point this out but there are other events happening. We are involved in the west against LoC/EotD/SME which holds the attention of the majority of HUNS and IoA. Even this is a very simplistic view, there's alot more to delta than TFP vs. everyone.

Next myth, inactives. There is nothing wrong with conquering inactive players. If they are in your alliance then it keeps areas secure and from an enemy point of view they are soft targets that give good launch points for further attacks. If you look carefully almost every player has significant number of their conquests on ghost/inactives. As a defensive alliance TFP will struggle because absorbing inactives takes town slots that could be used on enemy towns and the more you have the harder it is to absorb them and push forward.

DeletedUser

Very nicely put badnight, I sign under everything you said.

I dont think the war stagnated, maybe TFP players got used to war on everyday basis and emotions went down. During this week DoA took 7 TFP cities and 24 in this new year. At this moment few are under siege and few might be in the next few hours. We, DoA, try to fight but you must understand that these are not space wars and a lot of us need 1-2 days of sailing one way. Then 1 effective dodge and we have to repeat the whole process all over again. Its really time consuming. Anyway I think that your most active/aggressive players cant complain for lack of action.

The inacitves takeovers thing - it is a valid strategy (common sense) and nobody questions that. This whole argument started from something different and turned that way. No point going back there. Every alliance try to hold its strategic locations, the only problem is when it doesnt do anything else than that. Thats a sign of serious troubles.

Regarding these "myths", I think they have been created for a reason and are not just products of ignorance (well maybe in some cases). They suppose to keep up morale high enough or at least protect TFP honour in case of a defeat. Thats the only thing left to do right now after failing on all other fields.

"The Question is,why shouldn't DoA win?" DoA can be beaten as every alliance in this game but it requires more than an average alliance to do so - good diplomacy and organisational skills of leaders. DoA worked out its position thanks to many good decisions, great diplomacy and its inside policy toward members (including IoA).
We all know what happened to many MRAs - they didnt lose because of little numbers, or lack of firepower etc Im not saying TFP is an MRA but as an alliance it definitely doesnt have DoAs quality. Therefore it will soon or later lose this war and definitely not because it controls less cities but because of bad government in the past and maybe now as well...

DeletedUser

To me TFP is a MRA. Thats how I think of it. If you think about it they have so many members with low points too. :D

DeletedUser

I'd have to disagree Cake. TFP have a 'fat tail' because they merged their training alliance. Whatever else they are, have been, might still be they've never randomly tried to recruit anyone and everyone.

There is a degree of stagnation but it's based around replacing units. In the first few days everyone has maxed their population and the big hits go flying in left, right and center. All those 250+ ls and 2000 hoplite attacks make for great battle reports and exciting times but replacing them is a nightmare, not for the resources but for the time. Even with a speed buff in action the fastest you can build an ls is just over 1 hour so that big fleet of 250 takes over 10 days to fully replace. so after the initial bp fest things calm down and hits become more focused and smaller as players become smarter on how they use their resources. The fight continues but at a slower rate.

DeletedUser3288

why does anyone even mention that they are allies with TH in the context of this war?

The huns are fighting in the west, DOA are fighting in the east.

DeletedUser

Because someone saw a HUN and therefore they must all be attacking....

DeletedUser

Building bill and a few other have attacked and are expanding into our core, if we continue to make a stance(it is small however atm) in O65,TH will attack for BP(basically for CP which =cities,which make it easier to win their wars.) especially from their cities that are in middle 65 unable to to reach the front-line 50s...

We are basically in this alone,IL who we have bad relations with atm,are one of the very few other major alliance not allies with DoA,that can take their cities,Black took DoA side near that start and have in the past taken cities in attacked,(probably running our of cities to take since there allies with TH and DoA)...One thing i do know is that we will go down fighting if we do go down,with honor idk,we shall let the war and the future decide...

DeletedUser14362

heres a tip to tfp

i have been looking in the pact events page in my alliance and have noticed over 10 tfp members have been taking our allies citys my advice is focas on the war you are engaged in and start taking doa or ioa citys;)

DeletedUser

Well those cities are useful to us,We need to control our core and therefore own most cities so that DoA or IoA don't take them,we also need more cities in their core the more cities we have the easier to conquer and the more attacks we can offer,if you olook at many DoA/IoA grepostats not every conquest is a TFP city...

DeletedUser9300

It's cool, DoA is totally fine with TFP wasting City slots on non-DoA cities :)

DeletedUser

Well the problem is you and your allies are 90% rollover conquers and the last thing a alliance wants it lots of enemy cities in there core...

DeletedUser

false IL is allies with DOA as when IR merged with mymridoes they brought their allies of IOA and DOA. but IL is in a war with GK an IK and PS so they are tied up

DeletedUser

false IL is allies with DOA as when IR merged with mymridoes they brought their allies of IOA and DOA. but IL is in a war with GK an IK and PS so they are tied up

Ok well that doesn't much matter,we have almost no allies that can affect DoA in a major way...Black,IL,and TH will attempt to take our cities when they want/need to.

DeletedUser

war war war

hmmm again we talk about taking own cities, as I said everyone does it but how do you want to win a war without taking enemy cities? I know, you plan to and we havent seen anything yet and it will be looong looong bloody war. I know.

Atm TFP try to tic tac us ;) and this is how it looks like. TFP tic tac, aquins:

9833710672.jpg

The results we can see on this map - ocean 76. In the beginning of this war we controlled few cities in this ocean... now we control half of it and all our conquers were from TFP players.
White dots = DoA
Red dots = TFP

9351949579.png

Ps DoA started where i shown it but also from the west - oc66 to be precise

Im waiting for TFP screenshots now :)

DeletedUser

hmmm again we talk about taking own cities, as I said everyone does it but how do you want to win a war without taking enemy cities?

This is on a very quick count so I am admitting now before anybody tries to prove me wrong that these may not be exact numbers. Since the start of the new year I estimate the following city count:

DoA/IoA cities taken by TFP 26
DoA/IoA cities taken by DoA/IoA 69

TFP cities taken by DoA/IoA 36
TFP cities taken by TFP 89

Given the difference in the numbers on both sides I'd have to say in my opinion it seems fairly even on cities taken by an enemy. As I'm sure you'll agree having the bigger numbers will obviously give you more players with available city slots to take cities. By the same standard it seems TFP has used up a lot more city slots conquering our own cities.

However for you to dismiss TFP as not been able to fight or take DoA cities or for you to condemn them for using the tactic of conquering their own cities (a tactic that is used by every alliance in the game including DoA/IoA) seems a little misleading and TBH some what childish. Nobody would disagree with the fact that DoA are still the number 2 alliance in this game, they have been number 2 for a long time now and will probably be number 2 for a good while longer.

Still I doubt carrying on in this manner on the public forum and showing disrespect or contempt for a formidable foe is fitting for an alliance with the class that DoA have shown in the past. I personally have not been here since the start of this war but from what I can see TFP have been holding their own against the odds.

They are battling with a lot more alliances than DoA/IoA if you care to admit it on the public forum or not doesn't bother me its just a fact of the war that is true. I believe respect should be given where its due and you should either learn to respect your fellow gamers or just give up posting. As this is still just a game and I highly doubt any member of any alliance logs on here to read the stuff you constantly post belittling their efforts or the efforts of others.

The facts speak for themselves and I think TFP deserve a lot of credit and have earned a hell of a lot of respect for their gallant and brave attempt to topple an alliance which many would not dare attack.

DeletedUser

This is on a very quick count so I am admitting now before anybody tries to prove me wrong that these may not be exact numbers. Since the start of the new year I estimate the following city count:

DoA/IoA cities taken by TFP 26
DoA/IoA cities taken by DoA/IoA 69

TFP cities taken by DoA/IoA 36
TFP cities taken by TFP 89

Given the difference in the numbers on both sides I'd have to say in my opinion it seems fairly even on cities taken by an enemy. As I'm sure you'll agree having the bigger numbers will obviously give you more players with available city slots to take cities. By the same standard it seems TFP has used up a lot more city slots conquering our own cities.

However for you to dismiss TFP as not been able to fight or take DoA cities or for you to condemn them for using the tactic of conquering their own cities (a tactic that is used by every alliance in the game including DoA/IoA) seems a little misleading and TBH some what childish. Nobody would disagree with the fact that DoA are still the number 2 alliance in this game, they have been number 2 for a long time now and will probably be number 2 for a good while longer.

Still I doubt carrying on in this manner on the public forum and showing disrespect or contempt for a formidable foe is fitting for an alliance with the class that DoA have shown in the past. I personally have not been here since the start of this war but from what I can see TFP have been holding their own against the odds.

They are battling with a lot more alliances than DoA/IoA if you care to admit it on the public forum or not doesn't bother me its just a fact of the war that is true. I believe respect should be given where its due and you should either learn to respect your fellow gamers or just give up posting. As this is still just a game and I highly doubt any member of any alliance logs on here to read the stuff you constantly post belittling their efforts or the efforts of others.

The facts speak for themselves and I think TFP deserve a lot of credit and have earned a hell of a lot of respect for their gallant and brave attempt to topple an alliance which many would not dare attack.

tristan you can very well say that and it is actually very easy to say that, but I believe the odds are actually pretty fair. Black and TH have a very limited amount of presence in the area, about (and I'm being generous)200 k points altogether. IL have a combined presence of maybe 1 mil points in the area. DoA have maybe 5 mil in the border oceans...TFP maybe 8 mil in the area(I'm including the sum of o75, by the way), maybe more. And these figures are very generous to tfp. TFP have more than enough men to win, and it is not 'against the odds'.

DeletedUser

tristan you can very well say that and it is actually very easy to say that, but I believe the odds are actually pretty fair. Black and TH have a very limited amount of presence in the area, about (and I'm being generous)200 k points altogether. IL have a combined presence of maybe 1 mil points in the area. DoA have maybe 5 mil in the border oceans...TFP maybe 8 mil in the area(I'm including the sum of o75, by the way), maybe more. And these figures are very generous to tfp. TFP have more than enough men to win, and it is not 'against the odds'.

I really get board of reading things like that about every war DoA or TH are involved in but the facts are when DoA needs help a city cleared a conquest broken or just some support they can call on TH (thats what allies are for). It works the very same for TH but as soon as alliance brings it up on here its brushed aside or its met with comments like "your not crying about been out numbered again are you". I'm not say either DoA or TH would be a weak alliance if they didn't have each other to count on but you can't deny that the would have had things a lot harder if the didn't have each other.

As for points "in the area" that means nothing as you can be hit by long range attacks as well as short range so your argument has little relevance to the fact TFP are fighting 5 or 6 alliances while DoA/IoA are only fighting one. This is a major factor of the war that GORM conveniently over looks (which is the only point I'm trying to make) when he makes his posts trash talking an alliance whom are doing a good job. Can you honestly tell me that you believe if it was DoA vs TFP with no help from any alliance not even IoA that that stats would be the same as they are now???