That New World Smell

DeletedUser30636

Are all new worlds Hero worlds? I was looking forward to a new world, but hero worlds suck! May go back to US servers :(

I suppose my question should be - when is the next new EN conquest world to begin with NO heroes? And also with a standard tech tree!?

all new worlds will have the hero world features, But you still start out with one city, they just implement the extra god, building levels, and researches. what is wrong with that?

im also sure that the US servers are doing the same thing

DeletedUser47703

all new worlds will have the hero world features, But you still start out with one city, they just implement the extra god, building levels, and researches. what is wrong with that?

im also sure that the US servers are doing the same thing

I have a world over on US servers in the advanced stages but because we are close to winning and that it will end soon, i wanted to start anew and seek a fresh challenge. Every world i have started has had the heroes, im not a fan. I dont like to do many of the quests, they detract from the main game for me, and those that do get the added bonuses with the heroes. Not to mention players who are wealthy and invest in alot of gold now have an even larger advantage with the heroes too. I just want a standard non hero world, im getting tired of the constant changes

DeletedUser5819

I totally agree with you brightside, but its never going to happen. Movement is firmly in one direction only, and what shrefty said was right.

DeletedUser

I have a world over on US servers in the advanced stages but because we are close to winning and that it will end soon, i wanted to start anew and seek a fresh challenge. Every world i have started has had the heroes, im not a fan. I dont like to do many of the quests, they detract from the main game for me, and those that do get the added bonuses with the heroes. Not to mention players who are wealthy and invest in alot of gold now have an even larger advantage with the heroes too. I just want a standard non hero world, im getting tired of the constant changes

This is just my fifty cents but personally I feel that the changes make the game better. For non gold users (like me) it makes the game a lot quicker. Yes it gives the gold users more to spend gold on but to get such a big advantage they have to spend more. There is only such much you can do with gold but in the end the things that benefit gold users most are the building time cut in half and the resource 25% discount on buildings.

In the end, gold users without a good sense of strategy will die out. When you start taking cities you need to be able to land your attacks to the second and have support seconds after. Gold can't buy you that, that comes from the top players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11886

Lies Dobby! I remember seeing you somewhere in the forums a long time ago!

DeletedUser

This is just my fifty cents but personally I feel that the changes make the game better. For non gold users (like me) it makes the game a lot quicker. Yes it gives the gold users more to spend gold on but to get such a big advantage they have to spend more. There is only such much you can do with gold but in the end the things that benefit gold users most are the building time cut in half and the resource 25% discount on buildings.

In the end, gold users without a good sense of strategy will die out. When you start taking cities you need to be able to land your attacks to the second and have support seconds after. Gold can't buy you that, that comes from the top players.

I know you. Oh yes I do. I remember. Guess you've stuck around. Let me dig something up. Wait here....

EDIT:

How could i not when you inspired me to this:

A Cautionary Tale

Twas the first day of Lapithos, a world so new
that attracted the attention of more than just a few.

Some came from Ialysos with pride in their vain,
After an evil EN destroyed their beloved game.

Cities were founded and banners were raised,
and all throughout Lapithos warriors prepared with haste.

As the populous grew and players did too,
Noobs ran anew, religious through and through.

One noob rose to power, and in his bell tower,
he had a desire, he sought to empower, DE Victory was his desire.

As the legend unfolds, the noob, uncontrolled
Saw competition is his ocean, and began to lose focus.

Diplomacy was not his forte, so as a last resort,
he felt compelled to extort.

Unaware of his demise, the noob began to realize,
as his numbers had dwindled, he started to shrivel.

He had been bested with ease, and when feeling displeased,
He pleaded 'No, Please!'.

jdc400 was his name, he felt real shame,
and till this day the externals have yet to see his face.

~ dfd​

The last verse stands corrected.

DeletedUser

Haha. Remember that however, my other forum account has 300 posts and has been here since 2010, I think, maybe 2012.

And in line with the poem, Lapithos wasn't one of my best moments however my alliance in Ialysos went very well. We dominated our ocean and were high the world rankings, Unfortunately I had because I was very busy at the time with RL and felt that my alliance was strong enough to leave without harming it.

DeletedUser11886

All the Cool noobs joined in 2010 ;) All the other noobs are meh.

I found grepolis from an AD sadly to say... those things work.