Pnp That's gotta hurt...

• Thread starter DeletedUser44027
  • Start date

DeletedUser44027

Now, I have the highest respect for many members of Blood Brothers, as well as their academy, but in to their leadership, I have none. Academies are made to help newer players along, not just to "get rid of them"! If you make an academy, and do it just to throw off players? That's not only giving yourself the image of an MRA, but it's stopping new players from getting the advice they need, and should be getting from an academy, to learn to play the game. I find this one of the most despicable things I've ever seen a leader say:

image.jpg

"Demoting", "do not have time for them", "I want a team of only great players". I can understand kicking them, but putting them in an academy just means you're scared, and want a grouping of people who won't attack you. It's like making NAPs with a bunch of ocean alliances. The goal of an academy should be to help train players to one day fight with you, not just a "holding cell" for newer players. What's the point if having an academy if you just ignore them? Oh, right, they can't attack you, so less enemies. I am filled with nothing but disgust that you take in players like this and just ignore them.

DeletedUser

I agree with you to the that point: "[..] but it's stopping new players from getting the advice they need, and should be getting from an academy, to learn to play the game."

But there is something called privacy. And to make a privat letter public does just violate that. Therefor your PnP is a big fail in my eyes as you just shoot yourself in the foot.

DeletedUser46315

But there is something called privacy. And to make a privat letter public does just violate that. Therefor your PnP is a big fail in my eyes as you just shoot yourself in the foot.

True in some aspects but hey, you gotta love a bit of drama! Wonder how the so called "noobs" took this.

DeletedUser

As a member of the alliance under discussion I believe the following.....

1) To copy a private message from a player is bang out of order and I hope that there is actually a forum rule that forbids this.

2) I can completely see what DannyBizzle is meaning in the message and think that the person that posted this has deliberately misinterpreted it.
He may not have put it in the very best of ways, but from what I read he is saying he does not have the time nor the patience to deal with new players. So he has set up an academy for them to go to until they have learned enough about game.
3) the word *demoting* was entirely the wrong word for him to use when *moved* would have be sufficient. but then he was not expecting some *whiter the white* person to publish his words.
4) Mr. Whiter the White will now be closely watched and his every word will be scrutinized and may be published and used in this same way.
5) This alliance is actually a good one, and as an academy works very well with lots of advice and people always ready to provide answers to those learning the game. plus a very good team spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser44027

I agree with you to the that point: "[..] but it's stopping new players from getting the advice they need, and should be getting from an academy, to learn to play the game."

the letter was not made out to me, just making that clear. I take much care in not publishing letters sent to myself, but this was not one of mine.

And how are they supposed to learn if he doesn't teach them, bemol? An academy only works for as long as the leader cares about it. maybe youre learning, but thats not his purpose of the academy- he just wants a place to "dump noobs". I never said the academy was bad, I said I was disgusted that he was making on just as a place to send noobs, with no plans to help them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5819

1) To copy a private message from a player is bang out of order and I hope that there is actually a forum rule that forbids this.
This is common practice on inno forums in PnP. You can find a link to the forum rules at the top of this page, and I don't think you will find anything about posting pms.

DeletedUser

I actually think its a good thing he showed that message, even though its private it is the only way in which he can back up his claims. now i wasnt going to join them anyway, but this is a very bad thing to do. if he wants to the smaller players under his belt for the sake of points let him... if he wants to dump all the "noobs" somehwere else thats his thing. But it shows a lack of responsibility and eadership skills.

DeletedUser

the letter was not made out to me, just making that clear. I take much care in not publishing letters sent to myself, but this was not one of mine.

And how are they supposed to learn if he doesn't teach them, bemol? An academy only works for as long as the leader cares about it. maybe youre learning, but thats not his purpose of the academy- he just wants a place to "dump noobs". I never said the academy was bad, I said I was disgusted that he was making on just as a place to send noobs, with no plans to help them.

Have you been in this alliance? Are you aware of what goes on in here?
A good leader does not take on the teaching roll himself, he should be free to do the things that leaders do.
A good leader makes sure that he has the right people to fill the roles needed in his alliance and that includes teaching new players the tricks of the game. Our alliance forum is full of useful information and training aids for our new players.
There is always a more experienced player around to ask questions and gain advice from.
In fact we are one very cool and happy alliance so please all stop worrying about us.
You should really worry about a leader that fails to communicate with his own team because he is too busy sending mass messages to our team. Is he being kind and thoughtful? Or perhaps he just scared that this academy team is better then his *experienced* team?
Poor Shadow Knights :(

DeletedUser38224

You guys are lame...

If your leader says, and I quote, "We are in the process of sorting out the noobs and demoting them to Blood Brothers 2 as I don't have time for them in my alliance", It's not going to remain private. It's going to get put on the externals, And everyone here will be shocked at how badly your leader treats new players.

I do think the reason dez posted this is because he wanted rep :p

DeletedUser44027

im not in shadow knights :p

youre leader is not putting good people there, he said it himself, hes putting the good people in the main alliance.
and sorry, too busy MMing? ever heard of grepointel? If you havent, I dont know what kind of "academy" youre in, but it just proves my point :p

DeletedUser44027

You guys are lame...

If your leader says, and I quote, "We are in the process of sorting out the noobs and demoting them to Blood Brothers 2 as I don't have time for them in my alliance", It's not going to remain private. It's going to get put on the externals, And everyone here will be shocked at how badly your leader treats new players.

I do think the reason dez posted this is because he wanted rep :p

youre as bad as cuddles. I have more rep than you, and thats enough for me :D

DeletedUser38224

Really? :eek:

Doesn't matter, my rep power is probably still more than yours :p

DeletedUser

It might surprise you Sir, but not everything is about you :eek:
I was in fact referring to the leader of Shadow Knights (bsrm) who saw fit to take advantage of your post :)

I thank the two people that gave me one of those funny negative rep things.
Like I really care :eek:

DeletedUser44027

Well, the other points still stand :p
And yes, there is a troll around this thread, but his rep power seems close to zero.

DeletedUser

Saw this conversation and just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

If I am not mistaken don't a majority of the more successful alliances have recruiting standards? People talk all the time on these forums of the MRA's and how unsuccessful they are because of the lack of experience they receive because they recruit all players new or experienced.

Now having said this academies seem to me to be a good place to put newer members for the specific task of training. Place several experienced players in charge of your academy to oversee small groups of players and teach them the game. Everyone with any responsible leading experience I think would have to agree it is a major time commitment to properly train new players in all of the aspects of this game.

Keep your parent alliance with your experienced players to grow your group and expand your empire while training your newer members in your academy until they have gained enough experience to be helpful in the main group. Not only does this organize the operations that the parent alliance is working on cutting out all of the basic "what is a DLU" and "how do I use a bb code" but it would give a venue for those questions to be properly answered and not get shoved under the rug and lost so to speak. I have been in several larger alliances where this happens - you've got your core group working on battle plans, pacts, diplomacy etc... and your noob's who's questions concerns sometimes go unanswered for lack of organization/time.

DeletedUser44027

Academies are sometimes a very good idea... Unless, if course, they're just a dumping ground for those not up to your standards. Read the letter at the top, it shows BB's view on this.

DeletedUser

I know what you're saying about the wording perhaps but the point still remains the same even if you sugar coat it and slap lickstick all over it. There are politicians that can put a public view nice spin and smileyface on anything to make it look good with the same end result. At least this player was "matter of fact enough" to lay out his points to not mince any words.

I agree with what you are saying as far as academies should not be a "dumping ground" that is just irresponsible. Have to keep in mind even the best of players started at a couple hundred points at one time or another and you never know when a gem will sparkle and shine like my fancy lightsaber to the left here :)