Newspaper The Abdera Times

• Thread starter DeletedUser27128
  • Start date

DeletedUser21953

Looks like EN chose to bring Just the Tip in the war early on the server. Maybe be a chance for people to jump in... just saying :)

DeletedUser36743

Looks like EN chose to bring Just the Tip in the war early on the server. Maybe be a chance for people to jump in... just saying :)

sh*tting bricks ?... maybe a pm to other founders in game may help...

let see only 4 of the top 6 aligned, EN tactics operate, kill server stat!

moaning already....its just day two.....honestly thought this would come a lil later...tsk tsk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50502

Guys talk about wars in the wars thread not in the abandoned newspaper thread xD

Beer Wench

Phrourach
nope

just stating facts regarding EN killing servers, don't you recall how boring EN73 was? We shall see if the other alliances (cough WiB) realize how bad their map sucks, and if they will allow EN to Nap their way to a crown.

DeletedUser36743

lol.... ok..if it makes u feel better

u all could try another shotgun wedding.... a la impact

DeletedUser

Only way for other alliances to win is to gang on en before en becomes too big to deal with.

That's not going to happen though. Too many peons not enough leaders with a backbone.

DeletedUser21953

sh*tting bricks ?... maybe a pm to other founders in game may help...

You should know me better than that Eeek and like I mentioned to KT and Lou, You (EN) had issues with some cites in 54 and rather than contact our diplo to negotiate, you decided to do war because of w/e reason... maybe it's too much for the all mighty EN to actually reach out and say "Listen, I see you guys are growing in our area and we would like it to stop". If you truly believe this was our responsibility, I don't know what to tell you.

If we die, we die but we will go down fighting, of that you can be sure. I'm not upset over it except for the fact that you put it on us to contact you when it should be the other way around since you are the one having an issue with our growth. Anyone that has ever done diplomacy would see that.

We will grow from it and you may gain the early lead in cities taken but the tide will turn when people realise that thisw may become Ilaysos all over again :).

Cheers

I never though you got bitter like that btw, you always came across as a perfect gentleman and an asset whenever we were on the same side.

When I asked the questions above, I was told it was the EN way as a reply soo...

Like some people have said, we will see how many people are willing to deal with EN and then make this a fun server. I am sure you will be able to get a few pacts that are worried about their pretty cities that will join your cause as well.

DeletedUser40768

I think killing the server is offering an alliance a merge for the top 10 and council. Then they say no it has to be the whole team, so the alliance offering the merge ends the convo. Then they end the NAP and guess where we are a few days later. They took everyone in anyway after saying their alliance was family and that they were thrilled about letting people outside of the family in. That and trying to scare top alliances away from an ocean, think that kills a server. That alliance would be JTT and not EN though, my bad :D

DeletedUser36743

You should know me better than that Eeek and like I mentioned to KT and Lou, You (EN) had issues with some cites in 54 and rather than contact our diplo to negotiate, you decided to do war because of w/e reason... maybe it's too much for the all mighty EN to actually reach out and say "Listen, I see you guys are growing in our area and we would like it to stop". If you truly believe this was our responsibility, I don't know what to tell you.

I dont think it is either's responsibility, but then as you know, I am no Diplo... but you will agree ... we are both seasoned enough to know an irritant without having to be told so

We will grow from it and you may gain the early lead in cities taken but the tide will turn when people realise that thisw may become Ilaysos all over again :).

Yes you will... and whilst on "peeps realising" etc... you all have been telling any who will listen from long before we attacked you (yes i do know of it)...so lets level with each other here...

btw what tale did you tell the IMPACT folks when you prematuredly dropped a NAP and surprised attacked them ??... did you console them saying its okay to get rimmed by JTT and not by the baaad guys at EN (who btw never attacked them anyhow) ??.... the short point i am making is... we are all here playing to win... cant speak for you all... but we do it honorably...

I never though you got bitter like that btw, you always came across as a perfect gentleman and an asset whenever we were on the same side.

You obviously dont know me well enough then... I am not bitter...lol... and thank you for the gentleman thing... I only ever react the way I did when someone is slagging my team - directly/indirectly or insinuating...other than that i dont even bother

Like some people have said, we will see how many people are willing to deal with EN and then make this a fun server. I am sure you will be able to get a few pacts that are worried about their pretty cities that will join your cause as well.

This is interesting....EN has two branches, you have two, IB has two or three, WIB has two, Vipers have two, Templars have two, lemme see who have i missed out ...ah whalers have two... but in all this the only way to make it a 'fun server' is if all join "your" coalition against EN... create a lovely universal pact etc etc......lol...thats a great backhanded compliment if nothing else !!!! ... best of luck !!...

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
To get back on topic.

The Abdera Times, did i mis it or it is not released yet.
If not can we please shoot the newspaper owners.

DeletedUser36743

Bubs... is this your idea of a 'fun server' ??....lol.. and the irony is my getting it from one of your guys...

tsk tsk...

DeletedUser40768

Bubs... is this your idea of a 'fun server' ??....lol.. and the irony is my getting it from one of your guys...

tsk tsk...

lol It's Doublespeak, ok for JTT but not for anyone else. They tried to get alliances to form a coalition against Impact but they didn't get anyone on board with that before most of the Impact guys jumped ship. Based on that attempt of a coalition I would say they probably went to IGB, WIB, and Average Joes first like they did last time.

DeletedUser36743

lol It's Doublespeak, ok for JTT but not for anyone else. They tried to get alliances to form a coalition against Impact but they didn't get anyone on board with that before most of the Impact guys jumped ship. Based on that attempt of a coalition I would say they probably went to IGB, WIB, and Average Joes first like they did last time.

lol...we know that they have talked to everyone who is anyone on the server... which is fine.... peeps will realise the truth in due course (like u)....its a game...we are all here for fun and to win... but it does not need to be done (winning) with shady tactics... but then even that I can live with..

its the pious, sanctimonious attitude .....the condenscencion and "holier than thou" superior attitude that gets the hair on my hand up... lol

DeletedUser40768

Honestly I fail to get the hate towards EN. Of all the alliances I encountered in this world they were the only one who stuck to their word and didn't cower in fear when something unexpected happens. They are the only ones worth working with here. People complain about EN's strategy but I like it way better that JTT's strategy. Irony of the whole Impact thing is that some guys are quitting because they finally figured out what I had been trying to get them to understand all along. Why anyone would want to work alongside a regime that changes 2=2 into 2=5 and then into 2=4 is beyond me. I can't remember one decision that they stuck with for more than a day or two, aside from the fighting EN thing...which they are doing a great job with that now ;)

DeletedUser

Honestly I fail to get the hate towards EN. Of all the alliances I encountered in this world they were the only one who stuck to their word and didn't cower in fear when something unexpected happens. They are the only ones worth working with here. People complain about EN's strategy but I like it way better that JTT's strategy. Irony of the whole Impact thing is that some guys are quitting because they finally figured out what I had been trying to get them to understand all along. Why anyone would want to work alongside a regime that changes 2=2 into 2=5 and then into 2=4 is beyond me. I can't remember one decision that they stuck with for more than a day or two, aside from the fighting EN thing...which they are doing a great job with that now ;)

Whhaa? What are you on bro? lol

db_file_img_326_475xauto.jpg