The Ancient Ram Inn

DeletedUser36436

This story is based on a real life experience I had while visiting The Ancient Ram Inn which is apparently the most haunted hotel in England.

So I was travelling to Birmingham but had to stay somewhere overnight so my friend suggested that we stay at the Inn as it was en-route (sort of) and it was well known for it's hauntings. My friend thought it would be fun to spice up an otherwise boring business trip (it also made a more interesting choice than a Holiday Inn).

It was the lovely time of year called November and on the motorway we had the typical british weather; rain. By the time we came to the exit for Stroud, it had become a thunderstorm with rain pounding on the roof of the car. We got into Wotton at about 8 in the evening and settled down in the rooms. We both had separate beds and it was very nice. It was a private residence of a really nice old man who was around 80-90 and had lived in the house for 50 years. It was very nice and we had a chat with him and he was a cool guy who talked to us about his experiences. The Inn was littered with stuff he had collected over the years and told us his stories. We had a drink and my friend went off to bed as he had been driving all day. I had a couple more drinks and became drunk and decided it was time to go to bed. I wasn't "just tipsy" either, I was full out drunk and on the way to my room I tripped over some of the clutter lying around the house. I knocked myself out on the concrete and busted my eye on some of the stuff lying on the ground. I woke up in a sticky puddle of blood, which had soaked my suit with blood. In the fall I also tore huge strips of fabric out of it and it was generally destroyed. I looked down and saw that my arm had a huge gash in it, running from the crook of my elbow to my wrist and there was blood trickling down my face. I decided to go back down to the main room to find help. I could barely see anything because of my busted eye and broken glasses. I had gone into shock and was probably white as a sheet. So I guided my way downstairs to try and get to the phone (my mobile didn't work). The stairs were dark and the main room was too and there was a whirring sound which I thought was the wind.

From the shadows I heard a whisper: "He's very close to us now."

I, of course at this point was really frightened at this point but, still drunk, I made my way quietly over to the bar. Lightning flashed outside, illuminating the whole main room and I saw around 10 people standing there.

I s*** myself and ran upstairs and into my room, the guys from downstairs quick in pursuit. I locked the door behind me. This noise alerted my friend who looked around and became frightened, as he believed in ghosts at the time. Unluckily for him, lightning flashed again, and he caught a glimpse of me standing in the doorway, bent over. He really became scared and ran out the door (later I found out he spent the rest of the night in the car). I locked the door and got the first aid bag out of my bag to tie up my arm and head.

In my drunken haze I thought the people downstairs were devil worshipers and I had imagined them because I was drunk and I had hit my head. So I just thought nothing of it, and went to bed. I remember I had a really weird dream but I don't remember the details.

In the morning I woke up, got dressed (in fresh clothes), took off the bandage on my head and stepped out of my room only to find there were a bunch of people camping outside my room.

They asked me if I saw the "ghost" that went into my room last night. The "EMF" was off the scale and they even caught the ghost on camera as lightning flashed.
misc-herp-derp.png

They said it scared my friend out of the room and they saw it haunting the bar. I had no idea what the were talking about as I was down at the bar and I should have seen the ghost and my friend ran out when I came in. I was really confused as they said that you must have seen it as it went into your room and stayed there for the rest of the night.

They said they were "paranormal investigators" and wanted to see a ghost in the Inn. They talked a load of bull about their equipment and that sort of thing giving compelling "evidence" that there was a ghost there last night.
latest

I found my friend in the car, asleep and found out that he too thought I was a ghost and spooked him. Apart from that I had a good night and a fun time. It was fun and the guy running the place; John was very nice and fun to be with and the house did have an evil feel to it, even though I knew there was nothing to worry about. Just a warning, don't stay up after 12 drinking just in case of "paranormal investigators".

True-story-meme_reasonably_small.jpg

Please tell me what you think. Most of this is true though some elements I have added for dramatic effect.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31385

It is quite interesting for me. I have watched some ghost shows on TV close to Halloween.