Milestones The Angodude Milestone

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
It would be a fairly terrible idea if a moderator on any server at any level of moderation could pause the game. The sheer amount of issues that could cause due to the amount of actions that would pause on any given world at a time would be staggering. As for the rollback as I mentioned we don't have the ability to do that, we being the moderation team. We are keeping those in the main office up to date on this issue but rolling back a server as I mentioned is not an easy thing to do despite comments claiming otherwise. It is not something as simple as just reverting to a previous state and then running normal actions that weren't effected by this situation but that occurred afterwards.

DeletedUser53657

Repost bc it got deleted earlier
Inno everytime Spartan and Ango golds another LL nuke
1632163630987.png

collect78900

Phrourach
It would be a fairly terrible idea if a moderator on any server at any level of moderation could pause the game. The sheer amount of issues that could cause due to the amount of actions that would pause on any given world at a time would be staggering. As for the rollback as I mentioned we don't have the ability to do that, we being the moderation team. We are keeping those in the main office up to date on this issue but rolling back a server as I mentioned is not an easy thing to do despite comments claiming otherwise. It is not something as simple as just reverting to a previous state and then running normal actions that weren't effected by this situation but that occurred afterwards.

Thanks for answering on all points....i understand pausing would be a pain but in any case a solution needs to be found for restoring to earlier state (i.e before malicious actions were carried out) maybe this could be discussed further amongst the community for idea's or even asking the devs for an easy way forward.

Will be waiting to hear back about what the dev's say about other security suggestions.

#JUSTICEFORANGO

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
Thanks for the responses Baudin-- my comment on it being "fairly easy" to repair wasn't an assumption that the server would be rolled backwards then forwards again. It was assuming that at this very point in time, those items could be manually changed by inno, much like repairing troops we never got for glitches etc... setting the Ares ones back to level 10, the Bloods ones to level 9, and maxing the res in the Bloods ones. These types of manual overrides I believe are possible, but perhaps other players with more inno coding knowledge like @Shuri2060 could add suggestions.

It is encouraging that Inno is looking into this and recognizes the drastic result of this breach.

DeletedUser47282

Are you slow? He signed 'hacked by Semajoes' on the hacked players' profiles. I figured even bloods could have worked out that mystery but apparently not
Yes, I am slow. Just play the game, visit the forums very rarely. So, I really do not have any idea of who was hacked etc. But will have a look on the profiles and try to catch up.

DeletedUser47282

@OutOfCharacters @collect78900

I have nothing against insisting that Inno up their security game. What I am pointing out is that it is my experience that most people ignore such stuff, unless you force them to follow best practices with regular follow ups.

(Fact is, I updated my password today after many years. I do not see that as a problem for myself, as I segregate my online activities and keep myself pretty anonymous.)

So even though Inno should improve their process to reduce easy hacks etc, we as players should also use the tools already available. Something like a password manager goes a long way. It makes it easy to use long and random strings as passwords. Following basic practises like having multiple email ids for different categories of online activities also helps. I think by now enough warnings have been issued about clicking on random links and falling prey to phishing traps. And yet here we are...

Having said this much, I think I will bail out. Otherwise, this is just going to get repetitive.

As for what should be done now about the hack, roll back etc. I have no opinion to offer. That is a rabbit hole, I shall avoid.