Milestones The Angodude Milestone

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
By now most active players in 133 are aware that Ango's account was hacked, along with a few other player's accounts on other worlds, by a well known player who has bragged about it both in game, along with sending very explicit mm's all over.

What is not known is the extent of this breach-- how far into these player's laptops and passwords this player's attacks went, or even how many players could be impacted by the time he is done. Threats were made that this would happen account by account, so we don't really know what data this hacker has gained. Within the last few years there have been multiple instances of people I've known who had much more than their grep account wiped by people like this. It's extended into their personal financial lives and caused a lot of damage.

While people joke about things in externals, this is not something to be taken lightly. Every single player on this server and in this game should be hoping that Inno is able to stop this type of hacker and eliminate the effects of their abuse. This exposes all of us not just to game consequences, but real life consequences as well.

I personally am angry at the responses in the sink or swim thread because those posters are selfish and short-sighted-- how can you not hope and even demand that Inno roll back the effects of such criminal behavior, with the impact it has on the integrity of the community and our lives? We have all these discussions about not wanting the game to die and how to improve the community. A start would be to stand up ourselves against criminal hacking, stop viewing these things as funny, eliminate these types of players from all chats and teams, and ask Inno to update their security protocols to make all of us safer. To give us a sense of security that if something this major happens-- Inno will make it right. (Unless of course the player exposed themselves by providing their passwords to buy one of the cheating products out there.)

This extends to all of us. If you say-- well, I like what it's done for me on this server-- you are supporting this behavior. None of us should ever hope to gain from acts such as this, and we should be shamed if we joyfully take advantage of it. The next could be you. We should all be appalled and demand better for Ango and for anyone involved in this type of attack.

If we as a community think this behavior is fine "as long as it benefits me and hurts someone else", then we are pushing its death. The community is not other people-- it is each and every voice among us.

muhvi

Phrourach
How ironic that someone who started the blame game here in the forums about this situation is now writing something like this.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
How ironic that someone who started the blame game here in the forums about this situation is now writing something like this.
you must have misinterpreted my comments in the other forum-- this is what I was saying there-- how can you laugh at something like this? Your comments there led many to believe you were behind it, or at least supported it. Things escalate on both sides in there. This isn't a place for trash talk, please keep that to the other thread.

muhvi

Phrourach
you must have misinterpreted my comments in the other forum-- this is what I was saying there-- how can you laugh at something like this? Your comments there led many to believe you were behind it, or at least supported it. Things escalate on both sides in there. This isn't a place for trash talk, please keep that to the other thread.

I was the first one to say that he got hacked after getting the MM. And no, I don't support those kind of things. Me behind it? Come on now. :)

Last edited:

eye4eye

Hoplite
Can you share how he was hacked? To provide online security awareness for the community.
There are likely many more that have experienced this and have only suspected that it was through this game.

DeletedUser55100

For several years we have tried to raise the dangers that kids face on this toxic game but as shown to be the case innogames turn a blind eye or have zero intrest in child warefare and child protection responsibilties as long as the money is coming in. (Que another money making event)

This is a game played by minors, under 16's. The fact that children (because thats what they legally are) can have their accounts hacked is absolutely frightening with the possible consequences , sexual and emotional blackmail, grooming, online abuse, cyberbullying, stalking.

Time to actually take some responsibilty and either make this game 16+ or actually provide a safe environment for minors to play this game.

Maybe they just don't care.

Siaz

Hipparchus
Can you share how he was hacked? To provide online security awareness for the community.
There are likely many more that have experienced this and have only suspected that it was through this game.
probably bruteforce engine

SirNeo

Hipparchus
support-i-support.gif

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We, the support team, aren't able to roll back a server nor is it a decision we can make as it's not a simple thing due to the sheer number of actions taken on a given server on any day. A roll back would undo every single action performed by every single player on the world not just the two alliances involved in this battle for the World Wonders. At the moment we are still waiting for the 2 players whose accounts were compromised to either reach out to us via support or continue contact with us via support so we can begin working towards re-establishing their ownership of their accounts.

Siaz

Hipparchus
this world should be closed without any winners, or else this hacking might happen again

Trist3

Chiliarch
this world should be closed without any winners, or else this hacking might happen again
I don't see how that's a viable solution when the hackings were on different worlds unless you plan on shutting all worlds which still wouldn't help since this is account related not world related...

Siaz

Hipparchus
I don't see how that's a viable solution when the hackings were on different worlds unless you plan on shutting all worlds which still wouldn't help since this is account related not world related...
when he got hacked he left alliance meaning they lost progress to WW - from winning to loosing

collect78900

Phrourach
We, the support team, aren't able to roll back a server nor is it a decision we can make as it's not a simple thing due to the sheer number of actions taken on a given server on any day. A roll back would undo every single action performed by every single player on the world not just the two alliances involved in this battle for the World Wonders. At the moment we are still waiting for the 2 players whose accounts were compromised to either reach out to us via support or continue contact with us via support so we can begin working towards re-establishing their ownership of their accounts.

@Baudin Toolan @Silver Witch @Hydna
So basically you guys are helpless against a hacker who altered the legitimate flow of the world wonders.
Guess we should start pooling cash to start paying hackers and start buying the world endings.....much better returns than buying gold.

The devs can rollback restore the game to a couple of days back delete the alliance drop action and replay other events that happened after the alliance drop......technically it is possible to revert the actions.
(get it touch with the devs they will gloom as it might mean they spend a few hrs rolling back the db transactions but it is possible and quite easily so imo )

All it would mean is few minutes of downtime like 10-15 mins max.......when grepolis updates sometimes your site goes down for much longer.....not to mention the game freezes we are experiencing for the last couple of days.