Answered The Buffs That Apply to Mythical Units

• Thread starter DeletedUser54161
  • Start date

DeletedUser54161

Recently a question arose regarding mythical units in-game, and I did not know the answer. I was hoping somebody had fieldtested it, or has more knowledge regarding myth nukes

Listed are the buffs in question:

Premium Features:
High Priestess-
Your mythical units fight with 20% more strength
Commander- Your regular land units fight with 20% more strength
Captain- Your naval units fight with 20% more strength

Research:
Phalanx: Your troops form a powerful phalanx, and thus fight 10% stronger
Battering Ram: The fighting power of your ships increases by 10%
Divine Selection: Your mythical units attack and defend strength are increased by 10%

God/Favor Abilities:
Favorable Wind: Attacking naval forces gain a 10% bonus to their strength during the next attack
Heroic Power: Land units become 10% stronger in the next battle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question 1:(Premium)
With regards to Premium Features, Commander states; "Regular land units", I can assume that it does not apply to units such as (Manticores), HOWEVER, Captain states "Naval Units", which can include (Hydra), as it is a naval unit in addition to being a mythical unit.

Question 2:(Research)
I am aware that Divine Selection applies to Mythical units, but wanted to know if anybody had done a field test on whether or not Battering Ram or Phalanx affected mythical units as well

Question 3:(Buffs)
As not to lose my mythical nukes, I have always been in the habit of "buffing" them with an ability during an attack. That being said, do Heroic Power or Favorable Wind apply to Mythical Units?

Thanks for all that answer and can help me out

DeletedUser31385

1. Captain doesn't effect the Hydra as it would benefit from both the Priestess and Captain. The Hydra isn't really a "naval unit" even though it is recruited through the harbor. It is simply a mythical unit.

2. Same thing, Phalanx and Battering Ram don't affect mythical units at all.

3. Heroic Power is applicable to all land units, including mythical units.

DeletedUser54192

Question 1:
- Mythical units only benefit from the High Priestess. The Commander does not benefit land myths and the Captain does not benefit Hydras.

Question 2:
- Neither Phalanx nor Battering Ram benefits mythical units. Divine Selection is the only research that improves the combat ability of mythical units.​

Question 3:
- Heroic Power benefits all mythical units, including Hydras.
- Favourable Wind does not benefit Hydras.
- Aim of the Huntress does not benefit Erinyes.​

Notes:
- Hydra are treated as myths for all combat-related buffs, so far as I can see. They benefit from High Priestess / Divine Selection / Urephon / Heroic Power, not from Captain / Battering Ram / Zuretha / Favourable Wind.
- The "mythical" classification actually seems to override any other attack-type classification. (See Hydra point above, and Erinyes point in the answer to Question 3).
- These results are all from the simulator, however I have checked this with actual battle reports in the past to make sure that the simulator is correct about what buffs affect what units.​

(@figtree2 - according to the simulator and in-game experience, Favourable Wind does not improve the attack power of Hydras?)

DeletedUser54161

Thanks @figtree2 and @Kal Gordon

@figtree2
1) I saw that in the simulator "Favorable Wind" does not apply to Hydra's
BUT, when "Heroic Power" is cast on them, it does buff the Hydra's by 10% (Even though Heroic Power is only for land units??)

2) I also saw that "Cyclops" did not receive a 15% buff from "Aim of the Huntress" which should increase "ranged fighting units cause an additional 15% damage"

DeletedUser31385

The system can be weird at times. I can't really explain why these are the way they are, but it just happens.

DeletedUser54161

Easter Egg of the Year
A Hydra is a land unit
That acts as a naval unit
That is trained in the harbor
And only damages naval units
But at the end of the day, is still a land unit

DeletedUser50245

Inno's motto
mungus and leo miss you bro
smiley_emoticons_freu-dance.gif

DeletedUser31385

Inno's motto
Not really... I have no knowledge of how the internal system works in that manner so I can't accurately answer why those instances above happen the way they do.