Pnp The Codfish Express...

DeletedUser

The_Codfish_Express.png
This paper chronicles key events of Hermonassas recent(ish) months, general maps and figures are from middle to end stage WW era. Primary sources have been carefully analysed to create an unbiased account. Compiled and written by the noble Sir Tacitus Codfish for the Codfish Express. A subsidiary of Archileaks, a media outlet renowned for its integrity.

(Psst@the 3? people still reading these threads - This is just a bit of PnP fun that was made during the WW era and since adjusted. Lack of time meant it wasn't posted back then. Don't start frothing at the mouth... :p)

We give you:
The bold 125, that stood in defiance of tyranny!

logos_vs.png

With battle lines clearly drawn, the run up to end game saw the city steal ratio remain firmly in favour of Apoc/ZT.

From January 30th to the 16th of March the stats rested at Apoc: 133. TD: 16. With both sides taking a similar percentage of inactives.

TD seemed unable to clot this hemorrhage which even extended to their core and potential WW islands.*
Months of this status quo lends itself to warrant several observations. Primarily: TD deserve credit for maintaining their alliances existence throughout this onslaught, they played the long game, with their eye on building sandcastles. Perhaps, focussed on winning the server, at the cost of an ejoyable play style.

*It should be noted, the potential and eventual TD WW island referenced and defended at significant cost by Apoc/ZT was later returned to TD by a defector, The Expendables defection is expanded upon below.

pie_chart.png

A group within Apocalypse, self styled as "The Expendables" attempted a coup d'état. This surprised many, they were renowned for vocally expressing how "honourable" they were. Everyone is entitled to their own perspective, perhaps this schism was caused by egos or maybe their actions were justified. This group consisted of EX-Macedonian Phalanx and friends they brought from another server, they numbered 12 players. Many of these guys were top gamers - very active, strong gold users and well versed in the games tactics. Prior to bringing their demands of blackmail against a founder, one greatly loved and respected even by the enemy, they started to augment their leverage - bargaining chips that could significantly impact endgame. They slyly moved onto more of their then alliances WW Islands.

An Apoc/ZT member has gone on record, stating: "The expendables are true to their namesake, honour and virtue are as expendable to them as their pride".

The key impacts of their defection:
- 12 active (mainly) attackers were mixed into Apoc/ZTs core. Able to disrupt and harry their old comrades in their own backyard.
- Many potential WW islands were lost, which allowed TD to successfully strike at closer WW Islands.
- A probable drop in morale after such a defection.

The two Islands highlighted in purple below are an example of the magnitude of the infiltration Apoc/ZT suffered. Both were potential WW Islands compromised by "The Expendables". They were very safe, in O-74 and far from TDs core to the West.

cureent_world_map_new_2.png

The Expendables defections heralded an end game which kicked off earlier than many expected. Apoc/ZT whose alliances were experiencing circumstances out of their control, were caught off guard. This paper has unearthed compelling anecdotal testimony, describing this period as a "perfect storm and a golden opportunity for TD to exploit".

During the middle of a proposed merge between Apoc/ZT, the latter was dissolved without full council agreement, causing turmoil. This delayed the movement of players, thus hindering the new alliances WW resource and spell base. Due to several ZT players being in (RL related) VM at the time of the merge, their strongholds were unable to yield WW locations. Given Apoc recently lost many potential WW Islands, it was another setback that had to be endured.

TDs numerical advantage became clear as they powered ahead with the Pyramids... pundits assumed victory would be theirs.

Our paper understands the adoption of "The Expendables", who up to this point were among TDs fiercest critics, was a unanimous TD council decision. However, word of "the expendables" blackmail spread across Hermonassa like a venereal disease and it wasn't long before an infection took hold. AK47 incubated his fury until it burst forth in a self acclaimed righteous rage, leaving his alliance he took several WW Island cities with him. Fortunately, he was motivated by anger, not premeditated malice - without preparation, the damage to TD was limited.

With the race very much dependant on who can funnel the most resources and favour to WW's, on this 400 cap server, an outsider would no doubt have placed the engorged TD as strong front runners. To compound this, ApocZT suffered major strategic and morale set backs just before the WW race. From several leaders having little time, the defections and all that entailed (especially safe WW Island locations), to ZT being unceremoniously dissolved and the WW era starting during this chaos. While TD also suffered a serious setback when AK defected, which on face value was a killer blow, the damage was ultimately limited. In conclusion we can say with some surety that the WW race was much closer than it should have been, given Apocs numerous disadvantages. That in no way diminishes the fact that TD claimed four WWs first, a feat that was accomplished through ingenuity. Further credit must be provided to TD for organising their players, who were largely ineffective until end game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48096

The Hermonassa Guardian has a few problems with some of your claims Sir Codfish and I hope that you would address them, as the only true unbiased source of information on EN72*, We would like to put some questions forward regarding your publication.

Firstly,
"The bold 125, that stood in defiance of tyranny!"

Do we need to remind you why Apoc started Sir Cod? And we would ask you to define how TD is tyrannical too?

Secondly that is some nice cherry-picking of your dates there, Purposely selecting a three month period during which Apoc was in some ascendancy. Lets be a little more honest and see what happens when you look up the conquests to the Present day.

d80f9887f8a46152f9e8e4b60feb7dfe.png

AK47 incubated his fury until it burst forth in a self acclaimed righteous rage, leaving his alliance he took several WW Island cities with him. Fortunately, he was motivated by anger, not premeditated malice - without preparation, the damage to TD was limited.

We at the Guardian would question this over-dramatic interpretation, Jonny the B always said that was the reason and we believe he made it up. AK42000 (Bad Journalism there Codfish Express, At least get the name correct.) Was said to be converting his cities into pure defensive cities and used The GM's cities to smash his many troops on. We are informed he told TD his intention was to convert his cities into pure defence in preparation for WWs. At the point AK defected, TD had multiple wonders at level 9 and one which had started production on the final level. When AK defected he had already divided ALL his troops between his wonder cities to supplement their already sizable defence. As a result taking them was like trying to take 5 mini Artemisia cities. In conclusion we suspect it is likely that this was a premeditated move rather than something done on a whim as you at the Fish Express suggest.

We at the Hermonassa Guardian take our reputation seriously and as a result we consider ourselves and our presentation to be as "fair and balanced" as Global media giant Fox News

DeletedUser

Hehehe, Generic Greek Name, give it you to him. Funny story make up he.

DeletedUser

Excellent impartial journalism from the ever reliable and Unbiased SC.

Good to see the stats of war inspite of the GM and GGN trying to rewrite the history of the server thru the externals let it stand for all to see that Apoc / ZT owned this server fighting with limited numbers and crushed TD ruthlessly until WW where TD called in numerous bands of simmers whom awoke to claim victory. The facts after WW are truly irrelevant as conquering in-actives from an alliance a third of your size who have long since quit the game then proclaiming victory doth show a lack of morale fortitude and a great degree of self delusion.

Again well done to all the Grepo warriors at apoc/zt whom inspite of mass mutiny and betrayal run WW as a much closer affair than it should ever of been. Taking in a band of mutineers who despised all that TD stood for was a Grepolis low and showed the TD councils true character..well done to AK for having the courage to stand up for what he believed in.
and congrats to all the simmers at TD who made their victory possible.

Lets hope we never see another 400 cap server so simmers will never be crowned again!!!

DeletedUser

Once again the lovable Sir Codfish returns to stun the mediocre opposition with his insightful analysis and genius artistry. Is there a net that can trap him? Is there a fish frier that can hold him? I think not! ;)

DeletedUser48096

Excellent impartial journalism from the ever reliable and Unbiased SC.

Pull your tongue out of Cods cavity Jams.

inspite of the GM and GGN trying to rewrite the history of the server thru the externals let it stand for all to see that Apoc / ZT owned this server fighting with limited numbers and crushed TD ruthlessly until WW where TD called in numerous bands of simmers whom awoke to claim victory.

Re-write History? Such as??

Its not our fault, Apoc where so tactically inept that they didnt prepare for WWs and spent months pruning our dead wood in oceans miles from our WW core all the while we reinforced our core in preperation. The city stats seem impressive on face value but in the grand scheme of things when you actually look at the criteria needed for victory you realize Apoc failed to meet it in spectacuar fashion. Even with a massive time advantage following AK, You still lost.. Even with experienced players like yourself Jamo and even after an internal uprising they lost their best attacking players and where left stranded like a rabbit in the headlights. So much so that when they did try and stop us on thier final ops on our wonder island... They all failed because Apoc just didnt have the firepower anymore and they weren't tactically ready for WWs as all the players where too far away to lauch a credible effort. TD on the other hand were able to stop Apoc's progress by taking TWO wonder islands. Now while Apoc has presented numerous excuses for this, as Arch has himself acknowledged to me it wasn't a small amount of defence that TD went through, Also as has been observed, TD did crash the server with the number of attacks we landed on the city (again) for an alliance that is apparently so inept you cannot deny that when it mattered, Our attacks were better, Just saying...........

Its a shame that a couple of Apocs top order ran from battle though, Archi and Jonny in particular.. After all they had said you would have expected a little more.. Or at least some fight from them both. Archi ran before an attack was even sent at him.. Pathetic.....

Taking in a band of mutineers who despised all that TD stood for was a Grepolis low and showed the TD councils true character..well done to AK for having the courage to stand up for what he believed in.

Mutineers? is that a kind way to talk about TE, ZT and Pan? Truth is for a short time Apoc was an MRA, Mass recruiting from ZT and TE to inflate their numbers, Jonny and Cod were even caught lying to potential members in their recruitment. Archi even called this a straight shoot out for the crown when Pan and TE ended the coalition. Great job guys.. You lost in spectacular fashion.. In fact we did manage to get two spies into Apoc through their MRA recruitment, One from OMOG and another from ZT.. Maybe one or both is still there?....... ;).... Something to consider...

The GM

Phrourach
Once again the lovable Sir Codfish returns to stun the mediocre opposition

Is this the same "mediocre" opposition you talk about that convincingly won this world?

No, didn't think so. You must be talking about Zero Tolerance led by none other than JoHnny The Z.

You know I find it really funny that you mob still have the audacity to say how bad we (as champions) are?

What the hell does that say then about your tribe...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Jamovic1: Okdakle si? Zovem se Dragon.

I sorry my freinds, Englisk not my 1st tongue. I learn good here and funny. I want join this worlde and play laugh.

DeletedUser

Drago mi je, Zovem se Dejan..

Zao mi je, ali nemozes da igras u ovom svetu, zatvoren je. Sto i nije tako losa vest za tebe, posto bi mogao da zavrsis u TD-u. Sto bi znacilo da bi morao biti prijatelj sa GGN i GM. I moje misljenje je da bi ti radje da obolis od raka, nego da se njima pridruzis. Ako zelis mozes da im se prikljucis u drugom svetu, ali da ti odmah kazem, oni nemaju nikakve sanse da pobede.
Sretno ti bilo, od Srpskog Isusa.

The GM

Phrourach
Oh blimey,,

Why are you bringing your family to the externals Jam? You have your puppet master Sir C back dangling your strings now. Surely we don't need your mum on here as well?

DeletedUser48096

Still claiming to be the Serbian Jesus? In that case Iam the Roman Jew.. Because we all know what the Roman Jews did to Jesus..

DeletedUser

GGN said:
Still claiming to be the Serbian Jesus? In that case Iam the Roman Jew.. Because we all know what the Roman Jews did to Jesus..

Back on Google translate, guess you have to switch the settings from Dutch- english to Serbian- english:D Also if you were any good you would of taken me out long long ago -no excuses as it is I get a few spells from TD but your all too scared to try a real player...

@ The GM - your knowledge of history is as good as your grep play mate : Zagreb is a long long way from Krajina. My mum does however think you are a d@@@ like everyone else, i might get her an account- pretty sure she could take you out.:p

DeletedUser48096

Back on Google translate, guess you have to switch the settings from Dutch- english to Serbian- english:D Also if you were any good you would of taken me out long long ago -no excuses as it is I get a few spells from TD but your all too scared to try a real player..

All those players who have a reason to hit you are on 50+ cities, You are on one city. This is a world in which morale is active. In what world would it be practical or smart for us to attack you? Secondly you saved us the trouble by ghosting yourself before TD got the ascendancy and now you are hiding behined negitive morale. Why would we hit you?

your knowledge of history is as good as your grep play mate : Zagreb is a long long way from Krajina

That would be Geography, Not History.

DeletedUser31057

Lets hope we never see another 400 cap server so simmers will never be crowned again!!!

Cried out loud by Apoc/ZT greatest LOSERS of Grepolis history.

jamovic1, you failed to your promise for a crown to ex OL players (tartanblue and kirky), when you muster them to defect to Apoc. :D

DeletedUser

GGN said:
That would be Geography, Not History.

Wrong again GGN.better get back on wiki.

why would you attack me? what you can all take out an art town but can't take me out? you said it yourself you all have 50 plus cities I have 1.already said i won't request support, what are you scared of?? in the words of the GM 'cowards' lol!

Mang as the servers biggest simmer its always great to hear from you..gosh your internal conquest record is awesome -love the way you disappear during wars then come back to claim a crown :)

DeletedUser48096

Wrong again GGN.better get back on wiki.

Sorry but Iam confused by you here, You claimed that "your [GM's] knowledge of history is as good as your [GM] grep play mate : Zagreb is a long long way from Krajina."

Now how does that relate to History? The matter of the distance between Zagreb and Krajina, is a Geographical matter. Not historical.

why would you attack me? what you can all take out an art town but can't take me out? you said it yourself you all have 50 plus cities I have 1.already said i won't request support, what are you scared of?? in the words of the GM 'cowards' lol!

One word Jams.... As I have told you before.... Morale...

The GM

Phrourach
TD but your all too scared to try a real player.

Your right. Everytime we attack one of your so-called "real players" they c@@p themsleves and run to the cover of VM never to be seen again. Do we need to name and shame again or is the 15 thread pages dedicated to these cowards enough for you?

pretty sure she could take you out.:p

Well none of the others you have been sending over to do your dirty work can, might as well give your mum a try. Oh and while your at it, send over what's left of your kitchen sink..you may even want to include the bath tub and washing machine if you feel it gives you a chance?:p

Last edited:

The GM

Phrourach
you said it yourself you all have 50 plus cities I have 1.already said i won't request support, what are you scared of?? in the words of the GM 'cowards' lol!

This leads me to beg of you this question: How after 2 years playing this server, yes folks 2 YEARS do you only have 1 city? :eek:

Now if that as 'I put it' is not the most cowardice action I have ever seen in Grep then I don't know what is?

DeletedUser

you need to stop double posting GM.. and yet i still have more ABP and DBP then the majority of TD lol! with 1 city 260k BP hmmm not bad for ' 1 city'
GGN said:
Now how does that relate to History? The matter of the distance between Zagreb and Krajina, is a Geographical matter. Not historical.

really something you don't know ??? why don't you ask Croatian Lover( The GM) about it? Heres a guy from 'Croatia' that can neg rep me in perfect english, using large words in perfect sequence that now comes on the externals doesn't respond to a message and now speaks like Yoda on Acid.

DeletedUser48096

you need to stop double posting GM.. and yet i still have more ABP and DBP then the majority of TD lol! with 1 city 260k BP hmmm not bad for ' 1 city'

really something you don't know ??? why don't you ask Croatian Lover( The GM) about it? Heres a guy from 'Croatia' that can neg rep me in perfect english, using large words in perfect sequence that now comes on the externals doesn't respond to a message and now speaks like Yoda on Acid.

I never claimed to be all knowing Jamo, Plus I also have no idea who "Croatian Lover" is, Nor do I really care either.. Clearly he isn't a player on Herm. But that said I would worship him as the Eastern European Jesus long before I would worship you.