Pnp The Crown...The Last Word...The Fond Farewells

• Thread starter DeletedUser12512
  • Start date

DeletedUser48154

One thing I've noticed is that mergers are fragile things in the beginning that need to be nurtured by all involved, but most especially by the leadership of the more dominant alliance. Otherwise misunderstandings can develop, causing cracks in unity, which over time are capable of growing into fissures as opinions harden. And these growing fissures can split an alliance. I saw it happen first hand inside of Evolution, and then I watched from the outside as something similar occurred to Venom.

DeletedUser

Good point Alexius. I've said it a million times, but too often people mistake Grepolis for a war game. It's not. It is a game of diplomacy, leadership, and organization.

DeletedUser22708

One thing I've noticed is that mergers are fragile things in the beginning that need to be nurtured by all involved, but most especially by the leadership of the more dominant alliance. Otherwise misunderstandings can develop, causing cracks in unity, which over time are capable of growing into fissures as opinions harden. And these growing fissures can split an alliance. I saw it happen first hand inside of Evolution, and then I watched from the outside as something similar occurred to Venom.

Nothing wrong with what you say but I think it applies especially to merges where both alliances were previous enemies. Being allies first and then followed by a merge is something else. But if there's no open communication, you can nurture as much as you want, it will still fail.

DeletedUser43325

You can philosophize about merges and acquisitions all you want but at the end of the day no matter what kind of respect is or is not shown, if there is one lying, cheating, conniving, self-righteous prick involved, any and all efforts to assimilated were doomed from the start. See; Atticus X.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11969

Miknel Why so singular in your ways and views, does one man really make a team, politics aside Atti is a great grepo player, in the right team that is an asset. For whatever reason in Ven it didnt work in EQ it did. He will be he first to admit and as already stated before he needed a team to play along side him.

DeletedUser10984

lying, cheating, conniving, self-righteous prick
, well I looked it up and it seems you got it wrong, because according to my recollections there were four and they were named Keke, Dark Highlander, Gotham Soldier, and Dawson. Respect is given to the rest of Venom but these guys I can never deal with.

DeletedUser22708

Miknel Why so singular in your ways and views, does one man really make a team, politics aside Atti is a great grepo player, in the right team that is an asset. For whatever reason in Ven it didnt work in EQ it did. He will be he first to admit and as already stated before he needed a team to play along side him.

The fact that i sent 10 myth nukes to their death to break an OV siege on one of his cities, and then him leaving a couple of days later with most of the ex-ruse members is quite f*cked up. We gave him council rights, also for the reason of being able to communicate about ex-ruse's concerns so we can help them adjust or what ever. Yet he never did. He betrayed our trust, no other way to look at it.
Oh and Dazzler was not much better, waste of council spot and left as well in the end.

A lot of mistakes were made in this world, by quite a bit of people and these mistakes will be remembered for a while. This is unique for this server and this gives also a glimpse of what future servers will be like.

DeletedUser40768

I am sorry but this statement seemed so incorrect that it prompted me to start speaking here agin :p One man doesn't make a team, but one man can easily bring an alliance down. Being great at the game means nothing, just look at all the alliances over the years with great grepo players that fell because of ego and character issues. Most premades fit that criteria quite well. Anyone that disrupts team chemistry is not an asset and is easily expendable, especially if it is a leader who is expected to be the role model of the group. You can teach anyone how to be good at this game, that's easy. It is way harder to change a person's personality to make them suitable for a team.

Sorry for the interruption in the scheduled program, it will resume momentarily

DeletedUser48154

You can philosophize about merges and acquisitions all you want but at the end of the day no matter what kind of respect is or is not shown, if there is one lying, cheating, conniving, self-righteous prick involved, any and all efforts to assimilated were doomed from the start. See; Atticus X.

And yet I've worked with Atticus X extensively on EQ's council since the merger and I've seen no lying, cheating, conniving or self-righteousness from him. One would think that if he were guilty of all those things then the drama would have followed him from Venom to EQ, but it didn't. The Atticus that I've gotten to know just doesn't match up with what you've said about him. He is one of our hardest working, and most dedicated members. I'd happily play with him again in another world.

DeletedUser12512

You know it is funny to me how you start throwing all these tirades about me leaving Venom, yet I was one of the last to do so, and I did so simply because I wanted to play the game with the friends that you in Venom leadership had made to feel unwelcome in Venom. When it comes right down to it, I still have friends in Venom, players that know my decision was made for the right reasons, and because you helped me on one siege during my time in Venom gives you no added merit. I had helped venom enormously during my time in the alliance, and when I left I left with the intentions of keeping things on good terms. Venom leadership took my leaving as some sort of slap in the face. Their choice.

Does leaving your alliance somehow mean I betrayed you? Did my actions after I left consist of any form of betrayal before I was attacked by these same people? The players that made up Venom leadership consist of some of the most egotistical and socially abhorrent players I have yet to come across in any game. it was common place for you to belittle your own players, and quite frankly if you had of listened to me you wouldn't have had all the issues you did have with the merge, instead you bullied and threatened the members to join, invited players I specifically told you would not help in an effort to convince others to join before we were ready, and utilized Dawson, to conduct a propaganda campaign within our alliance, a player who although had leadership rights was in no way a leader to anyone but Rogue, (and possibly Nilvas) who if you remember pretty much left the game as soon as Dawson decided to push the merge date before the players were ready to do so.

You are the architects of your own undoing , and that more than anything, has made this one of my most enjoyable servers to date, because even today you continue to lash out at me and other ex-RUSE members for simply choosing to enjoy the game together. Yet you fail to see your own hubris.

interestingly, it seems you have decided to brand me a traitor not for my actions against you, but rather for choosing not to play the game with you. I'm sorry you feel that me leaving is somehow a personal slight to you Miknel. I didn't intend it to be, it has just turned out to be a happy circumstance given your reaction and behavior.

What is most telling, is that Venom leadership in general feel that any player that ever joined you past, present, or future is your property and you somehow have claim over their cities should they leave regardless of how long they were part of your alliance. Then you attempt to goad them into rage or guilt them into quitting if they at some point see you for what and who you are - with self admitted pre-meditated intent you do this. You tried to do this to Ledahlia, one of the nicest people I have ever played with, you slandered everyone that left and now I see some of those same players you slandered have joined you on Taras, heck you even invited me to join you on Taras as well lol, you see your hypocrisy has no bounds. Does that make me the traitor? No, it makes me smart, and you... you. I'm happier with my end of the deal. You can still be the a.s.s. all you like.

DeletedUser22708

Very long so just had a quick read. You're an angel Atti, the best player on grepo to date. Of course they would invite you to play in Taras in Envenom, because you're just that amazing. ;)

What i heard is that no alliance would accept you in Taras, except for maybe EQ who're gonna apply the same tactic as in Rhammus, probably.

Btw, you talk about belittling and slandering people, i don't think we did that. But i'm pretty sure you did that about Anybal and his crew and then later on joined them in EQ.

I don't care either way, what's done is done. We'll move on and hopefully rim you in the next server you join.

DeletedUser10984

lol you're really talking about Envenom like it is a big thing. I've talked to a friend of mine that is there and it seems to be a cheap bloated imitation of the normal Venom quality (of course what else would be expected from people who have nothing better to do than poach a storied name after dragging it through the mud here on Rhammus.)

DeletedUser25202

This is getting too far guys.

If we gonna be honest - Venoms, you should have won this world... if you only were decent enough to make merger with Ruse in good manner. Instead you treated us as less valid players. After first part of Ruse joined you, I was in charge to prepare list of new people to cross over. I was arranging that with Dawson.

What happened was that he (on behalf of your council) did not want to take any of my suggestions, but instead was giving me orders. I did not like that tone... I PMed several of your biggest players (and council members) to help sort that out... and none of you have ever responded. The truth is that Venom leaders are to blame for failed merger with Ruse.

Players that were in Venom and then left are not to blame... but those that did not know how to get rest of us over.

So, here you are, sulking... all because of your own arrogance.

DeletedUser32250

Crikey, why did I leave this server? - Looks like I missed a lot of fun. Didn't know so much drama occurred! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser22708

This is getting too far guys.

If we gonna be honest - Venoms, you should have won this world... if you only were decent enough to make merger with Ruse in good manner. Instead you treated us as less valid players. After first part of Ruse joined you, I was in charge to prepare list of new people to cross over. I was arranging that with Dawson.

What happened was that he (on behalf of your council) did not want to take any of my suggestions, but instead was giving me orders. I did not like that tone... I PMed several of your biggest players (and council members) to help sort that out... and none of you have ever responded. The truth is that Venom leaders are to blame for failed merger with Ruse.

Players that were in Venom and then left are not to blame... but those that did not know how to get rest of us over.

So, here you are, sulking... all because of your own arrogance.

I don't remember a lot from that time but since atticus was already on our council you should have done arrangements with him. And the players you requested to come over were not only denied by Dawson but by atticus himself. I'll try to find a couple of threads about that issue in our archives. At that time RUSE was divided into 2, your group and atticus's group that already came over. But yeah it's always easy to blame someone else

DeletedUser12512

bah, that is total misrepresentation of the facts, i warned you (Venom Leadership) against inviting anybal or bristo to council. anybal because he apparently took his new found leadership status to heart in RUSE and went overboard, (he is a hot headed person naturally) and bristo because ('bless her heart') is nearly impossible to converse with given her level of English, as she more often then not misinterprets your intent or meaning when saying something (and knowing your leadership team the tolerance for that would be next to none and frustratingly painful to watch).

I still do have the conversations archived, and my recommendations for inviting players, so I know for a fact that all of bristos crew is on the invite list but there were 2 at the time that Venom refused to accept due to their point levels not understanding it was an all or nothing package deal with her group of players. Yet something else you and Venom leadership didn't listen to me about. Instead you I think invited MSR1 and Couatl. Couatl being a player I recommended rimming before inviting. (Sorry Keith, but you are a simmer)

Not to mention, I was NOT on Venom council when you placed Dawson in charge of negotiating with VanD - You put Dawson as a RUSE representative, and then added Daz, who although a fantastic guy was not exactly the type of person that went out of his way to do things he didn't want to do. merger talks being one of them. He just wanted to play with people he liked and have a good time, the rift that was created between Venom and RUSE at that time robbed him of his enjoyment of the game as well. I, as do all our team mates still miss him.

If you want any 'take-aways' from this server, it shouldn't be that you should be less willing to trust people, rather that you should be more willing to listen and avoid such a totalitarian view of how alliance leaders should interact with players. Really, in kindness I say that you could have been so much more without the ego's. instead you can see what that wrought you on Rhammus.

I know that even with bristos group having a very different view of things, the other players in our alliance were not only willing, but enjoyed working with her crew, they are selfless and ALWAYS helped, even when we didn't see eye to eye with one another. Yes at times it was frustrating and there were misunderstandings ,but the people got over it and moved on. Something that none of Venom leadership seems to be overly capable of (save Milos, who left long ago).

I can only sigh with a mixture of pity for your team and relief not only that I didn't finish out my time in Grepo under the Venom banner (always hated the name), but that the players that I played with avoided that same fate. It should be painfully obvious that you are just as imperfect as we were, and the end result of Rhammus (and lets face it, its over) demonstrates that better than I ever could.

DeletedUser43325

lol you're really talking about Envenom like it is a big thing. I've talked to a friend of mine that is there and it seems to be a cheap bloated imitation of the normal Venom quality (of course what else would be expected from people who have nothing better to do than poach a storied name after dragging it through the mud here on Rhammus.)

Yes being 1 in every statistical category by nearly double is quite "cheap and bloated." If you'd like to find out about our quality you are welcome to come and try.

Atticus getting an invite to Envenom on Taras is a laughable concept, at best. ROO trying to put in a good word for you setting up a room to moderate a conversation between us (where nothing wound up ever being said anyway) does not, in any way, mean you were ever "invited." There you go with that inflated view of yourself again.

Either way, if you want to talk about Taras either 1) do it in the Taras forum or 2) join Taras and find me. This really isn't he place for that discussion.

DeletedUser17088

Yes being 1 in every statistical category by nearly double is quite "cheap and bloated." If you'd like to find out about our quality you are welcome to come and try.

Atticus getting an invite to Envenom on Taras is a laughable concept, at best. ROO trying to put in a good word for you setting up a room to moderate a conversation between us (where nothing wound up ever being said anyway) does not, in any way, mean you were ever "invited." There you go with that inflated view of yourself again.

can confirm this is true at least (wanted an input here because its an awesome thread)

never before have I seen so many of my favoured players at each others throat, fantastic stuff!

congrats on 'winning' the world though i guess, though i never considered sending res and building something to mean winning. That's what hyperborea is for right :p

Lugosi

Strategos
congrats on 'winning' the world though i guess, though i never considered sending res and building something to mean winning. That's what hyperborea is for right :p

Quite the opposite. All I've done on Hyperborea, along with my alliance, is have a go at smashing everyone who is remotely near us as frequently as possible. By creating servers like Rhammus with even bigger cities and WWs Inno has made Hyperborea the closest we will get to an old fashioned fighter server. Not saying old is best because not having Artemis or Heroes on Hyperborea is a nuisance.

Ghosts over 7k in my ocean are fought hard over. Excluding the population bonus of Rhammus I don't think there would be much difference between the units involved in sieges in Rhammus and Hyperborea. Obviously the settings of Hyperborea are not attractive but with servers like Rhammus the simmer status of Hyperborea has become redundant imo.