Newspaper The Daily Knight

DeletedUser20688

Chi is dead lol I don't even play in Chi and even when I did it was a casual thing. Even in Delphi I play casual and assist Zippa when needed

Shame KiT can't even take a guy who logs in once a day huh

DeletedUser

Chi is dead lol I don't even play in Chi and even when I did it was a casual thing. Even in Delphi I play casual and assist Zippa when needed

Shame KiT can't even take a guy who logs in once a day huh

Corey, I've watched you make a habit of posting opinions as fact, when they are easily disproved by readily available data. So to me, that makes you either intentionally ill informed, a purposeful troll or you lack the ability to absorb and retain facts.

I'm all for fun smack talk, especially of the humorous variety, however I believe it should be based on some loose foundation of fact. Your posts come across purely as trolling to me.

For example, you state Chi is dead.

dead (dd)
adj. dead·er, dead·est

1. No longer in existence, use, or operation.
2. Physically inactive; dormant.

Well, I can login each day. That means the server is active.
Everyone in my alliance other than 1 player logs in each day. That means they are active.
The players they fight respond to attacks. That means those players are active.
I receive a bunch of in-game mail each day. So those players are active and concerned/involved enough to communicate.
According to statistics, there are cities won and lost each day. So others I have no knowledge of are active.
Our internal forums are extremely busy, so players are active and concerned enough to post within them.

So if you're not trolling, perhaps saying something along the lines that you don't find Chi active enough for your tastes, even though by your own admission "I don't even play in Chi and even when I did it was a casual thing", so we have no idea what your standards are for active enough.

As for the KiT comment, I'm certain that could be easily proven as a false statement but I won't even bother wasting the time to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20688

Yes the KiT comment is false mate, good one.

KiT have actually not attacked me in 2 days. I think they are either giving up, struggling with Proto or they are planing an OP.

Either way, Grepolis's most average alliance won't take a city from me. If I played this game full on like my friend who infact is the greatest player to grace Chi (Jingo7) KiT would have been finished a long time ago.

DeletedUser

Leadership styles

Leadership is one of the most important keeping an alliance moving and surviving. There are many styles of leadership and many qualities that an alliance often seeks for when they start out their alliance. The three most common types of leadership styles I have come across are Dictatorship, usually of two, a Council and the interesting democratic idea of entire alliance participation. Each has their pros and cons some work to a greater degree, others to a lesser. Whatever the case may be, each alliance has some form of leadership if it wishes to be successful.

Dictators are the leaders that make all the decisions themselves, war, diplomacy, who should be attacked, what cities should be handed over in a treaty and the rest of the alliance, usually, accepts this without complaint. A forceful personality is required for this style of leadership to be really successful, as a weaker person will see mutiny from within the ranks. Most dictatorial alliances have a number 2 who they can trust as it is almost impossible to run an alliance with one person, especially when it gets to almost unmanageable sizes. The Alliance Dark Judgement was one such alliance I encountered with a dictator rule of 2. It was a formidable alliance but when they quit almost fell apart over internal successor issues. Another one was the United Aegean Empire, when the Emperor quit he have Founder rights to most of his commanders leaving the alliance in a mess. In Chi, TOTALITY Avant Garde is like this, the dual leadership of Farg and Deathsycthe leads their alliance in their wars.

A Council is the most common form of leadership found on Chi, even dictators often have some form of Council to help them makes decisions, whether or not they actually do so all the time is another matter entirely. The Chi alliance Knights in Tights is one such alliance, as is insertnamehere. They both run with a council of leaders and other figures, of greater or lesser numbers, which oversee alliance direction. A Council is often seen in better light by the alliance members than a dictator as they know they can trust the Council to decide, together, on the best directions for the alliance as a whole rather than a favoured group, which is the trap of dictators if they are not careful.

The Democratic style of alliance is an interesting one and involves complete voting on all issues by the alliance members This makes declaring war, or agreeing to a Pact a chore when having to get all members to vote, how long do I leave up the vote? Is probably the most important question a leader asks when getting the vote up. It can also lead to problems in that a desirable pact or ceasefire is not considered desirable by your alliance, even though the merits are clearly there to see. That said, this form gets an alliance fully participating and they feel even more so that it is their alliance. Two examples I have encountered of this alliance was The Roman Republic on Beta and Deimos Arisen on Chi. The first alliance was one I lead in, and was a disaster, when I finally took supreme control I merged them to survive into another alliance. There were far too many players to actually properly lead. Deimos Arisen seems to do well with their democracy, maybe due to fewer players than most alliances.

Of course, one can amalgamate all these ideas together and decide on a completely different style of leadership, there is the Triumvirate + Council which is my favoured form of leadership, this involves 3 central leaders and an unknown number of others who are there to help make decisions. Another style is centralised control with various votes, either for leaders or for some big policy decisions. Whatever way you do it, deciding on how you will govern and lead the alliance is one of the biggest tasks facing the leadership of an alliance, and continues all the way through the game.

DeletedUser

Very nicely written Boh :)

and Farg..Corey only talks big because he can't show it :) Those who don't perform, tend to do the most talking

DeletedUser20688

Another nobody who feels the need to get exposure by commenting in the same thread as me. Shouldn't you be attending to your house work?

Women, be gone.

DeletedUser15015

Another nobody who feels the need to get exposure by commenting in the same thread as me. Shouldn't you be attending to your house work?

Women, be gone.

This coming from a guy who's profile pic for a browser game is a guy wearing a polo & throwing gangs signs...you tell'em dawg!!!:p

DeletedUser20688

The boy in the picture is someone who I know who passed away recently.

DeletedUser

Ok....ummm Corey at least you got one thing right :) I am female, but really...this from someone who has a girl cartoon as a profile and this posted under it...maybe you should go do the housework!!

I'm here
I'm queer
and I'm all yours

DeletedUser

Well written, Bohemond. Nice last couple pieces. Good to see the Daily Knight up and running again.

Though I'm not sure about your examples on democracy. If Phyro doesn't have the final say and ultimate influence in that alliance I'd be very surprised. I doubt they are terribly democratic.

DeletedUser

Its what I know, without experiencing first hand the alliance, I cannot say what goes on :) I am sure he has influence, but so does the President of the USA in Senate when he tries to drive through a vote, or block it, if hes popular/strong

And thanks!

DeletedUser20688

Ok....ummm Corey at least you got one thing right :) I am female, but really...this from someone who has a girl cartoon as a profile and this posted under it...maybe you should go do the housework!!

I'm here
I'm queer
and I'm all yours

Some of the best warriors in the ancient days were actually homosexual. You should read a book whilst you hoover your house.

DeletedUser

Wow! its such a shame that an individual can ruin the reputation of an otherwise decent alliance, you come on here just to antagonise and insult people playing a game, your comments are just random and have no basis or facts, its boring now, your boring, please stop boring everyone, i am now done with you and your childish behaviour as i'm sure is everyone else.

I'm sure you will prove this point by replying with something non-factual, complete randomness and down right idiocy, so please save your breath we on chi are bored of you

DeletedUser

Not sure Wandle has ever got defender of the day; but he certainly has received attacker of the day on a number of occasions...

Corey, a cursory glance at the BP stats would show you are talking our of your proverbial, are you like 8 or something?

DeletedUser20688

Where in my post did I say he defends with Biremes young Steven?

DeletedUser20849

corey guy is really annoying....>.> why wont you guys pwn him already...

DeletedUser

If my CS weren't 100 hours away I would have rimmed him just to get him off the Chi forums. I'm sure you feel the same way rgraff, lol.

EDIT: Nice article, Boh. Well written and entertaining. Except the part where you mentioned 'Deathsycthe'. >_> I thought you loved me. </3

LP... I need a hug.

DeletedUser

HAHAHAHA you are always wanting a hug ;) I am sure Boh will take care of you.