The Darwin Awards

DeletedUser15015

Charles Darwin commemorates those who assist natural selection by removing themselves from the gene pool... Darwin Awards are given to honor those who do their best to ensure that the next generation is smarter--by one. These heroes sacrifice their very lives to give our children a better future...This is The Greps version.

Please nominate anyone you see fitting for the award...this could be someone you have rimmed, someone you have driven to quit, or just plain does stupid things in game.

Please, lets make this entertaining and in good fun!:pro:

DeletedUser17088

Firelord should not be alllowed to spread his genes :D however he is gone :(

My nomination is for Shanara instead

DeletedUser

I nominate Fotns for editing my post.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A true "Here's your sign" moment...

Received a message from the member of an alliance with whom there isn't a pact in place to protect, etc, etc...

He asked why a member of my alliance was attacking him.

Ummmmm....

DeletedUser

Ahahahaha, oh dear...

Ive run across a few of them. generally speaking I ignore them and continue the attacks.

Truly, this player deserves an award.

DeletedUser

We should make some Grepolis Darwin awards and send them out. lol Or "signs".

DeletedUser

Found another player deserving an award.

I received this message today:

yakarca
yakarca on 10/3/11 at 5:57 AM
white cloud temple idont no much about bbcodes but i give a try another league of legion memberLdy Megeara is coming to attack me with 3 army 1 in 12 hours 2nd one in 13 hours and 3r one in 11 hours. please gather all members pact members and everyone in this world chi exept from who is attacking me. at my city . who ever help me in this war will see they gift in there future life times. virtual and real world. helping brings you good energy for your souls. its a time to shine.. good day to you all.:)

What a noob...

DeletedUser

ROFL That same person sent me a message with a smiley face. I just loved getting the BP from that one.

Oh, I've got another one for you, too...

One of my new members from the Expendables who just merged into us took a ghost town. Apparently, this ghost town was "willed" to a player of Random Chaos. So, RC decides to attack the guy, although they are in a pact with us and know it breaches the boundaries of the pact. So they decide to write all of my council members and tell us that the guy is a refugee in the hopes we'll kick him so they won't be accused of breaking the pact.

My guy who was attacked was nice about it, especially since their attack of biremes and archers gave him almost 1000 BP.

DeletedUser

I hope you were gentle with him, he seemed shaken, poor thing...

we have been getting abusive mail recently...

DeletedUser

Gentle? Naaahhhh. There's a time when diplomacy and polite protocol get thrown out the window. Noobish acts such as sending attacks of biremes and archers when the attacker has been at this game for a while calls for a smack down that would have the end result make road kill look like a work of art.

DeletedUser

Noobish acts such as sending attacks of biremes and archers when the attacker has been at this game for a while calls for a smack down that would have the end result make road kill look like a work of art.

Love this...hehe, can I steal your quote?? Ill attribute it to you ;)

DeletedUser

lol Sure you can. Though one of my favorite quotes is "putting my foot so far up one's rear that if I wiggle my toes their ears move." I use that quite frequently these days.

DeletedUser

Now remember, boys and girls, Grepolis is a game where everybody gets together and plays dress up before they can join together to sing Kum Ba Yah and enjoy some tea and crumpets...

the mans today at 2:13 AM
I am planning an attack with a new alliance you bullies are going down!

"Bullies"? REALLY? And here I thought this was a game of attack and conquer. Shame on me.

DeletedUser

Oh dear....

We had similar hate mail recently from some small guy hating on AlfieGee our largest player.

This is the guys current profile:
Iantius said:
YOU
you've gone too far this time
you had neither reason nor rhyme
to take this city that is so rightfully mine NW-004
I'm coming back for ya

And another guy:

entitled: pig
chester1
chester1 today at 2:57 AM
cut your throat

and a second msg:
you guys reallly are bullies the game should be arranged where large organizations can't pick on the little guy

DeletedUser

Oh...wow....

Threatening to cut someone's throat? And then there's putting that creative (if one could call it that) twist on a threat.

Really, but some just take a game far too seriously.

DeletedUser

And yet more from our dear, dear friend yakarca (or however it's spelled)

good day. to you all . my city bein attacked many times from some of your members what did they get in the end wasted time, labour, many troops and ships lost, any of you could it build a city from the scract like i did , quick fix cant never give you what you can get in the long run, my city can be conquerd by any of you soon or later but dont be expecting you go heaven just getting my city, maybe its not important to you someone else, what you took from them, there labour, time, etc no matter how far you go where ever you hide you will pay for it what you take. thats why there is judgement day. i didnt write this to teach you anything or beg for my city or frienship . just reminding you :)

Really...some just take it too seriously. I didn't know that playing a game of conquering could be the deciding factor of whether or not I get into heaven. Didn't know I was after this guy's friendship, either. Go figure.

DeletedUser

No way

Was just passing by, taking my morning peek around O.64 & couldn't help but to notice the name of this gents cities. :eek:

I thought to myself, you cant be serious this must be some kind of trick? :heh:

8yxsmc.png

Turns out its official he in fact did name his city "Offense Navy" and in fact is building "Offense Navy" :eek:

Wish life was always this easy. :p

Guess ill go for "Offensive Lands" next?

-Casper

DeletedUser

lmao, i was just discussing doing this last night with an ally member. wanted to see how long i'd have to wait till i got attacked

DeletedUser

I can't even post many of the "colorful" mails I've received from players, or I'd be banned. Some are so laced with profanity, insults and threats, I begin to wonder about our civilization.

My Fictional Monopoly Game with Grepolis Nutbag #1
Nutbag: "You purchased Park Place before I could land there, plus you rolled doubles and passed go! You are a * and * and I hope you * in * and if not I'll * * * while you're *!"

Enjoy the flight to the rim Lord Nutbag, the cooler air might cool your temper and provide you some perspective.

TookMyCity.jpg