The Death of Grepolis

• Thread starter DeletedUser20688
  • Start date

DeletedUser

So basically if we want world releases to slow down to a more natural level, inno will have to launch speed 0.1-0.5 worlds.... LOL

DeletedUser

lol

Richard has said he can slow them down but speed 3 would be even more rare than they are now.

DeletedUser12667

I say if a player wants to join a 2nd world then make it cost gold. That goes for players using new user names in the new worlds. Inno can tell when a current player is joining a new world under a new name. Maybe 200 gold to join the 2nd world. That would deter players leaving a world for a new one just cause they can, and maybe inno will see a profit from it and reduce the gold benifits that now kill the player who plays for fun but cant afford the premium.

DeletedUser19523

no thats a terrible idea - then the whole game would close. They need to just release a new world once every other month and it would be fine. in 6 weeks players have built up their cities to a point where they are ready to build a second city, and after that well then you're hooked.

DeletedUser

I say if a player wants to join a 2nd world then make it cost gold. That goes for players using new user names in the new worlds. Inno can tell when a current player is joining a new world under a new name. Maybe 200 gold to join the 2nd world. That would deter players leaving a world for a new one just cause they can, and maybe inno will see a profit from it and reduce the gold benifits that now kill the player who plays for fun but cant afford the premium.

So let me get this straight. I have an account on gamma. I've lost all interest on that world because its gone down to ghost busting. I would have to PAY to play another world? No thanks.

DeletedUser22650

seconded :D ...would rep you jono but apparently i have recently :(

DeletedUser12667

no thats a terrible idea - then the whole game would close. They need to just release a new world once every other month and it would be fine. in 6 weeks players have built up their cities to a point where they are ready to build a second city, and after that well then you're hooked.

So I am gonna guess you are one to join multiple worlds just cause you can. Which makes my point. Players will think before they jump to a new world, which means players will likely stay in their current worlds. Which means more activity in the worlds that are open. And if it costs to join another then it is likely that the new worlds that have settings that are not decent settings will see the players that join are mostly 175 point players who never grow. And with that inno will surely see the profits of the mass world releases not as profitible as they do currently.

So I will say this, if the true grepo players continue to jump to the new world just cause they think they can rank in the top spot then inno is doing what the players are asking. But that is not benificial to current worlds and the possible longevitity of the world:/

DeletedUser

NP man, anyone who wants them more frequently needs to learn patience :p And speed 2's really are not that bad.

DeletedUser12667

ve
So let me get this straight. I have an account on gamma. I've lost all interest on that world because its gone down to ghost busting. I would have to PAY to play another world? No thanks.

That totally proves my point. Would you loose interest in your current world if you would have to pay to join a 2nd? And that also proves my point on how we are so self absorbed that we feel that things should be given to us just because we are here. If you cant find some joy in the world you are in and you think that a new world will make you happy, then your true priorities need to be addressed. I will use a common saying here, the grass isnt greener on the other side of the fence. So you find that you dont like your current world, so you think a new world is what will make you enjoy the game?

But then again lets have negative posts on how inno is mass releasing worlds:eek: when in reality your lack of enjoyment of the world you are in may be due to the mass world release. It is easier to gain rankings when you start new than try to fight your way to the top. But then you say the word you play is dead, well duh. I can say with utmost certinaty that most players find loosing a reason to either quit or join a new world. And if joining a new world cause you found your current world not what you wanted, then what makes you think the new world will suit your fancy? As it will suffer the fate of the worlds already open. And for those who are not sure of what I mean, a dead world where the majority of conquests are internals or ghosts.

So I say cheers to you and your thoughts, and as inno continues to mass release worlds and you wonder why there are so many ghosts in the world you just joined. It is due to the lack of reason to stick with the world you joined. I would say looking foward to meeting you in future world, but I am not looking to jump worlds cause of what I find to be missing in my current world as the same will happen in the new worlds, it is just a matter of time lol:)

DeletedUser

That totally proves my point. Would you loose interest in your current world if you would have to pay to join a 2nd? And that also proves my point on how we are so self absorbed that we feel that things should be given to us just because we are here. If you cant find some joy in the world you are in and you think that a new world will make you happy, then your true priorities need to be addressed. I will use a common saying here, the grass isnt greener on the other side of the fence. So you find that you dont like your current world, so you think a new world is what will make you enjoy the game?

But then again lets have negative posts on how inno is mass releasing worlds:eek: when in reality your lack of enjoyment of the world you are in may be due to the mass world release. It is easier to gain rankings when you start new than try to fight your way to the top. But then you say the word you play is dead, well duh. I can say with utmost certinaty that most players find loosing a reason to either quit or join a new world. And if joining a new world cause you found your current world not what you wanted, then what makes you think the new world will suit your fancy? As it will suffer the fate of the worlds already open. And for those who are not sure of what I mean, a dead world where the majority of conquests are internals or ghosts.

So I say cheers to you and your thoughts, and as inno continues to mass release worlds and you wonder why there are so many ghosts in the world you just joined. It is due to the lack of reason to stick with the world you joined. I would say looking foward to meeting you in future world, but I am not looking to jump worlds cause of what I find to be missing in my current world as the same will happen in the new worlds, it is just a matter of time lol:)

I've been playing gamma for over 2.5 years now. After that amount of time, most people will have left the game due to real life reasons, boredom, etcetera. There is very little fighting that occurs and what does occur is extremely one sided. Tell me, would you enjoy a war you were forced to continue playing, knowing you can never win, constantly losing cities and watching as all of your friends you met slowly leave the game. My lack of enjoyment in gamma has nothing to do with the mass world release. I would rarely ever join another world, and even when I did, I would not be in it for more than a couple months. I always quit and turned to gamma. I am NOT a world hopper like you assume everybody is.

Forcing someone to pay to play a second world imo is basically saying they would rather have you quit than join a second world. How does that make any sense? Your entire idea makes no sense from a business standpoint or from a player's standpoint.

DeletedUser

I've been playing gamma for over 2.5 years now. After that amount of time, most people will have left the game due to real life reasons, boredom, etcetera. There is very little fighting that occurs and what does occur is extremely one sided. Tell me, would you enjoy a war you were forced to continue playing, knowing you can never win, constantly losing cities and watching as all of your friends you met slowly leave the game.

That sounds so sad! :(

DeletedUser27700

lol

Richard has said he can slow them down but speed 3 would be even more rare than they are now.

So you are saying all the speed 1's are paying for our glorious speed 3/3 Helorus?
Thank you, people who play the slow servers, thank you :D

DeletedUser23986

not exactly iceddragon. A speed 3 server can handle much less players than a speed 1 server. So if all worlds will be made speed 3, then a new world will have to be spawned every 2-3 days.

Maybe richard should stop releasing 2 worlds, and realease only speed 1 worlds. And give us 1 revolt and 1 conquer speed 3 world every year. That shall just solve our problem

DeletedUser

no speed 2's are good, and in many cases better than speed 3, they need to stay.

DeletedUser23986

no, they are good only in case of ww. other times, well they are bad.

DeletedUser6029

Having played on every speed, I prefer speed 2 worlds. fast enough for the thrill, but slow enough to have a life outside of grepo.

DeletedUser27700

In revolt it really doesn't matter. You get 12 hrs to defend your city regardless of speed.
I will never play another speed 3 conquest. That was crazy.

DeletedUser

no, they are good only in case of ww. other times, well they are bad.

Lol you obviously dont have much RL then mate. Speed 2 gives you good ingame speed without the need to be on 24/7. I have played all speeds, and can play all speeds comfortably so i know what im talking about.

And for the record i will never take part in WW's until they fix them so they are not all about simming....

DeletedUser

What a tiresome and boring game, to have to contend with a few hundred ruthless power players who do the same thing over and over again on every world. I have spent money on the game, but no more. Grepolis is the same as Evony and with the same players. Unlike these ppl, I don't live in my "mom's Basement" and my ego is not tied to this game. I have a life outside and I live it.

Here is an exerpt from a letter I wrote to my current alliance founder. Of course, Inno wants to make money. Of course, some folks become obsessed and forget that life exists outside. But before you say I don't have the guts, etc and all that other you players spew to impress your own egos....remember, there are actually a few ppl left with morals and ethics, that have kissed a girl (LOL), and have families and a life. So Inno is not for me. I will not be missed, and neither will be this game.

"To Tell you some history about myself, I used to play EVONY-I a few years ago, so I am familiar with the game system. This is my first Grep world. I was in the Jedi alliance under Evanator1 prior to his disbanding it and joining Ghosts II. I had contacted Arrow of Ghosts II requesting membership prior to accepting your invitation to join Knights. He had told me to build more troops and he would send me an offer. I had begun to do so, but he did not send the offer. I chose your Knights over Sons Of Anarchy alliance requests, and so I am here. I will not engage in Treason or any other Treachery, and I feel those who do should be dealt with harshly. On Evony, alliance traitors were singled-out for annihilation, and suffered relentless attacks.

I realized there, that one must belong to an alliance to survive once invasions were possible. Two players there had payed at least a 1000 dollars each into the game and grew to enormous size and power quickly. These two players from a rival alliance singled me out for reasons unknown, and stalked me from world to world. After the 5th world, I finally quit the game. Even though I had grown my cities to maximum size and Colonized other cities, My alliances still could not outmatch these 2 power players. So I watch for these kinds of players, that keep the same alliances from world to world (Ghosts I is one of these kinds of alliances), hence my urging to ally with them, and my relief when I found you had already done so."