The Defense of Women

DeletedUser

What did this have to do with anything? Such a snide comment.
I mean't that people should practise what they preach. It wasn't mean't to be snide. This is the last time that I will explain anything to you a pebble.

DeletedUser8396

I mean't that people should practise what they preach. It wasn't mean't to be snide. This is the last time that I will explain anything to you a pebble.

Your definition of practise in this instance fails.

And I'm glad. I really do not want your explanations whatsoever. Especially when you explain something that doesn't even pertain to the post. Or, more accurately, is an incorrect statement about the paper. Goodbye.

DeletedUser

Get over yourself a pebble. What are you trying to do now? Create another petty drama out of nothing? Pathetic

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok little boy. I am going to play Grepolis now. I don't like your game it sucks :D

DeletedUser8396

Ok little boy. I am going to play Grepolis now. I don't like your game it sucks :D

What a cute belittlement you have there- using age to demean me. Still a faulty way to degrade someone, but it's nice to see different ways you can be wrong.

DeletedUser

You're being a bit overly theatrical arent you?

Instead of pointing out everything thats wrong here, you should go read up on what feminism actually is. Fundamentally feminism is about equality between genders.
Yes, yes, I have knowledge of certain creatures that seemingly are on a crusade to make feminism a synonym for stupidity. I think I killed some of them last time I played Doom. Those hellspawns are not feminists, as they obviously dont even understand the meaning of it. They are idiots and lots of other stuff I cant write here.
Why? They have certainly twisted your view on what it is. Bleh!

Dudes act like that because:
- They dont even know how to act. Society says one thing, their grandparents/parents something else, and females tell them some things that means something else but that actually meant the other thing. Then there is the instincts and the reptile brain thing.
- Mother issues.
- Unawereness of how they act themselves and then they wonder why women dont like them.
- And probably "Bob" met alot of terrible women so now he thinks all women are like that.
- Like all discrimination, it boils down to stupidity. And thats not constricted to either gender.

DeletedUser8396

Instead of pointing out everything thats wrong here, you should go read up on what feminism actually is. Fundamentally feminism is about equality between genders.
Yes, yes, I have knowledge of certain creatures that seemingly are on a crusade to make feminism a synonym for stupidity. I think I killed some of them last time I played Doom. Those hellspawns are not feminists, as they obviously dont even understand the meaning of it. They are idiots and lots of other stuff I cant write here.

- They dont even know how to act. Society says one thing, their grandparents/parents something else, and females tell them some things that means something else but that actually meant the other thing. Then there is the instincts and the reptile brain thing.
- Mother issues.
- Unawereness of how they act themselves and then they wonder why women dont like them.
- And probably "Bob" met alot of terrible women so now he thinks all women are like that.
- Like all discrimination, it boils down to stupidity. And thats not constricted to either gender.

Feminism's original intent and definition of being "for equality" has changed. I fully realize you are correct of what it did mean (and still does mean to some), but most of society doesn't view it that way. And the name itself lends toward the idea of Feminism being for female superiority. Equalism and Equalists present a clear image and goal and can go far beyond gender.

As for the second part, those certainly can be factors. But that's not necessarily my point. Whatever the factor, the main point was that degrading someone based on gender is fundamentally flawed, leaving Equalism as the only viable option.

We aren't necessarily disagreeing, but we have different ideas on 'how' we got this way.

And cmon...I've gotta be somewhat theatrical. This IS the Lit section :p

DeletedUser38224

- Mother issues.

To be honest, Feminists are Total Hypocrites.

DeletedUser33530

[Study] Men who treat women the same as they treat other men, without benevolent sexism/female privilege, are seen as overwhelmingly sexist by both men and women. - https://uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/bitstream/handle/10012/6958/Yeung_Amy.pdf?sequence=1

Interesting read

I remember a guy I know once was walking into a building and on the way there he struck up a conversation with a woman. I have no idea what they were talking about but they were overall just being friendly. He was walking slightingly ahead of her as they reached the building so natural he holds the door open. She stops dead in her tracks and looks at him like he is crazy. Then she walks through the door and the guy thinks nothing of it. Next day he gets accused of sexual discrimination and has to go to respect training or something like that for a month.

DeletedUser

To be honest, Feminists are Total Hypocrites.
So is the rest of humanity.
Explain why you think so?

When I think of feminism I think equal rights for women, same opportunities, same pay for same work, etc. That simple and basic definition. Just whatever a man can do, women can do too.

The title of this thread makes me think of middle eastern women who get gangraped 20 times a day and are treated like cattle.

I remember a guy I know once was walking into a building and on the way there he struck up a conversation with a woman. I have no idea what they were talking about but they were overall just being friendly. He was walking slightingly ahead of her as they reached the building so natural he holds the door open. She stops dead in her tracks and looks at him like he is crazy. Then she walks through the door and the guy thinks nothing of it. Next day he gets accused of sexual discrimination and has to go to respect training or something like that for a month.

Hahahaha! Thank you for an example.
Well, you people here hail from the US, right? If thats the case, then I would like to point out that you people over there seem to be easily offended and sue people for pretty much anything. Its the impression I have. So in that context above mentioned incident is not as shocking.
...lol though, now someone have to make an instruction manual for opening doors.
People dont really act like that here. Its as likely that its a female holding a door open (if at all). And they dont really stand there holding it open either, you're expected to grab it if you're following behind, and if you dont pay attention it will smack you in the face.

[Study] Men who treat women the same as they treat other men, without benevolent sexism/female privilege, are seen as overwhelmingly sexist by both men and women. - https://uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/bitstream/handle/10012/6958/Yeung_Amy.pdf?sequence=1

Interesting read

Im not familiar with those types. Its not attitudes I have gotten flung in my face. Maybe on the internet, but eh, probably trolls.

Meanwhile in Japan: http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-3d-printers-lands-japanese-artist-in-trouble

DeletedUser33530

I you need to read what pebble wrote a little closer to understand the whole feminist thing.

If thats the case, then I would like to point out that you people over there seem to be easily offended and sue people for pretty much anything. Its the impression I have.
Some of us are easily offended but not all. I would say that we do sue for everything though.

DeletedUser

When I think of feminism I think equal rights for women, same opportunities, same pay for same work, etc. That simple and basic definition. Just whatever a man can do, women can do too.
It's cool that you think about that when you think of feminism, that's what it should be associated with. The problem is that it isn't anymore nowadays. Radical feminists have ruined the term for everyone. That's why the I like the term equalists more, it's got a clean slate without the negative connotation that Feminism has. Is it not a good thing to not be associated with the radical nutjobs who call themselves 'feminists?' Regardless feminism is a bad term in my opinion as like I said before it doesn't elicit anti-sexist behaviour, it evoke anti-misogynistic behaviour. Sexism isn't exclusive to women which the term feminist suggests.

Hahahaha! Thank you for an example.
Well, you people here hail from the US, right? If thats the case, then I would like to point out that you people over there seem to be easily offended and sue people for pretty much anything. Its the impression I have. So in that context above mentioned incident is not as shocking.
...lol though, now someone have to make an instruction manual for opening doors.
People dont really act like that here. Its as likely that its a female holding a door open (if at all). And they dont really stand there holding it open either, you're expected to grab it if you're following behind, and if you dont pay attention it will smack you in the face.
Even though you're right about the suing culture in America, which can be proven with simple statistics; the rest of this paragraph is a little stereotypical which is ironic in this thread :p

Im not familiar with those types. Its not attitudes I have gotten flung in my face. Maybe on the internet, but eh, probably trolls.
Ok, cool, thanks for your anecdotal negation of this scientific study, unfortunately that doesn't make the conclusion any less true.