The Demise of Grepolis (premades)

DeletedUser

Any alliance is only as good as its founder. I think I proved that with Black Shadows on Kappa, with an alliance created randomly most of which had very little experience in the game. It is never dead to premades, but maybe it has got stuck in a rut since I left, with people tending in that direction.

Hey I tried to get people stirring against premades but wasn't to be :D

Done the right way, all is possible ;P

DeletedUser10850

I dont think Knossos has a single premade. But I may be wrong.

DeletedUser

then all gang up on it and kill it... best way to eradicate premades is to make them targets as early as possible.

DeletedUser

then all gang up on it and kill it... best way to eradicate premades is to make them targets as early as possible.

He said he doesn't think they have even one, not that there is only one.. way to misread, though.

DeletedUser

Anyways to my knowledge a pre-made has just been set up right next to be on Knossos, in 055.

Since I just quit that World, I can't tell you what the alliance name is (Sorry ;P)

DeletedUser

Yeah , Knosses had pre-mades, most of them weren't super organized though.

DeletedUser

I do not agree. It prevents backstabbing and spies two things that I don't like. I believe that we lose more players to backstabbing than pre-made alliances.

DeletedUser19947

I must admit I do like the randomness generated by just joining a server and trying to get into a good alliance or scraping your survival with noobs, I also like trying to convince more experienced players to to let me into their alliance not based on grepostats and clicks and friends made in other worlds but for the fun of learning new things and playing with new people without the constant paranoia generated about if im a spy or how many mistakes will I make, pre-mades are fun in terms of seeing who goes where pre world opening but after that I dont like them as it all just becomes a little boring without the chaos of unknown players and the randomness of not knowing.

DeletedUser

For my first few worlds I joined and picked random direction, then joined a good alliance near me. I will pick some premades to join but only if I really like them. Other than that I will do the same as I always have by just randomly joining a world.

DeletedUser5554

never really formed an alliance before a world was started just kinda joined selected my team and got cranking

DeletedUser17088

I think this needs another look at.

I would argue that pre-mades are part of the reason the external forums have quietened down a bit.

When the forums first existed they BOOMED with activity and that was mostly down to people not knowing a thing about other oceans without consulting the forums, Nowadays we know where an alliance is going, who is going to be in it yada yada yada

PnP's are less creative because there is no risk taking when joining a new world, Joining a world blind and seeing what happens is dead for the most part (with new players being the majority about 95%+ i imagine, to join without any prior arrangements and alliance) and everyone surrounds themselves in a blanket of familiarity. Lets see great alliances emerge on their on accord and by doing it the hard way, dog eat dog instead of 'Lion humours bambi'

I beg of you, stop this rutt and bring it back to the golden days.

VIVA LA TRIAL AND ERROR

DeletedUser

Meh, I don't entirely agree with this. Technically the Nightmares of Elysium from Gamma, Epsilon, and Zeta would be classed as a premade, as many of them joined together in the same ocean from previous worlds or another game entirely. There are other examples of this in other early grepolis worlds as well. NmEs presence boosted the Zeta forums activity, and when the alliance gradually disappeared; so did forum activity there.

The REAL problem is that people don't intend to join a world to fight it out until the end, and this is partly due to the fact that grepolis releases worlds much more frequently now than it used to. Many have also left due to the upgrade to 2.0, but that is more subjective or left up to preference.

DeletedUser17088

yeh world releases are frequent no doubt. I imagine thats due to new players and making space for them but i dont know

yes premades where a novelty and quite cool, now it seems a world cannot exist without 3-4 premades. which is my point, does no one have any balls?

DeletedUser

yeh world releases are frequent no doubt. I imagine thats due to new players and making space for them but i dont know

yes premades where a novelty and quite cool, now it seems a world cannot exist without 3-4 premades. which is my point, does no one have any balls?

You have a good point, unless the premade is made in mind to fight indiscriminately, then I would see that as bringing value to the game. Everyone does seem to be making them, then joining a world and quitting to find another one, usually due to cowardice. It's the same arguments with MRAs, some are made purely to sim and turtle, others take on entire servers and fight on multiple fronts.

I think players need to change their attitudes and not resort to quitting and starting in a new world just before they get farmed or rimmed, there is seldom a sense or desire to fight back I notice these days.

DeletedUser

I fight until I am rimmed, but at that point, if it is a bit late in the game, I quit for a new world, but if it is within the first month of the release of the server, then i just join again, and keep on fighting. I have joined plenty of worlds, and gotten some pretty good points after starting 3 months late in the game.

DeletedUser

I have only seriously played and advanced in 2 worlds, Eta and Xi. In both of those I started off by myself with no premade...

DeletedUser

I agree that premades are a little unfair. The fun is being in an alliance that's real that you were invited to by a real person. Not a random program. It also makes it unfair for all those who had to put effort into finding an alliance.

DeletedUser

i have never started off with a premade the closest to a premade i've ever made was an alliance with some rl friend only three of us in rethey