The Demise of Grepolis (premades)

DeletedUser

yeh good point.
Unit speed no faster than 2

What if the unit speed were 3 to match a speed 3 world? I don't see the great difference. :p

Looks like there are quite a few premades that fit the bill in the above subforum... where would one begin?

DeletedUser17088

What if the unit speed were 3 to match a speed 3 world? I don't see the great difference. :p

Looks like there are quite a few premades that fit the bill in the above subforum... where would one begin?

I am not 100% sure i remember this right from my IGM days but the world speed affects unit speed. If the world is speed 1 and the unit speed is 3, your units travel at the same rate as a speed 3 world with unit speed 1 settings

so a unit speed 3 in a world speed 3 = 3 x 3 (unit speed is 9) which is horrendous and no one would sleep

DeletedUser

I am not 100% sure i remember this right from my IGM days but the world speed affects unit speed. If the world is speed 1 and the unit speed is 3, your units travel at the same rate as a speed 3 world with unit speed 1 settings

so a unit speed 3 in a world speed 3 = 3 x 3 (unit speed is 9) which is horrendous and no one would sleep

Confirming that this is correct.

DeletedUser

O.O

sometimes i feel like i relly don't know this game anymore

DeletedUser

^^ relly?? :p Wow i didnt know that world speed effects unit speed, it shows im still a noob :D

DeletedUser

If that was the case, why is it that the unit speed of Psi was 2 and not 4? It was world and unit speed 2. By this logic, catapults crossing land that normally takes 6-8 hours should have taken 90-120 minutes from one end to the other, but the travel speed was still 3-4 hours.

World speed only effects the creation of building levels, units, ships, myth units, favor production, conquest speed (but not revolt), etc... not unit travel times.

DeletedUser

World speed only effects the creation of building levels, units, ships, myth units, favor production, conquest speed (but not revolt), etc... not unit travel times.
^ what i always thought (y)

DeletedUser

Yeah I thought unit speed was a seperate speed in the world E.g World speed 3 unit speed 2. World speed doesn't affect how fast your troops travel.

DeletedUser17088

yeh my bad

world speed is independant from unit speed. in fact it is the only factor in the settings NOT affected by world speed

Unit Speed determines the speed at which units travel across the map. It is the only speed setting that is independent of the World Speed.

so its actually the unit speed x the units base travel speed right?

but to be on topic. a faster world speed with a slower unit speed is better in my opinion

only because progress is nice... but sleep is nicer

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

so its actually the unit speed x the units base travel speed right?

Correct. :)

Alternatively, you could divide the time taken by the speed number, which is a nice way of quick-referencing how far you or your opponents units can travel between cities.

but to be on topic. a faster world speed with a slower unit speed is better in my opinion

only because progress is nice... but sleep is nicer

Depends I suppose on a players tactics and strategy, but also whether the world is conquest or revolt. Not to start an off-topic monologue about which is better, but playing speed 3 conquest, regardless of unit speed, would stop people from sleeping and even having a life. City takeovers that take 8 hours is borderline insane.

Revolt stays the usual 12-24 hour period regardless of speed which is nice, which means you can sleep in and still wake up to snipe an incoming CS.

DeletedUser29371

I prefer

World Speed 2
Unit Speed 1
Morale Inactive
Cap: 100

On topic now... premades are not the demise... on Olympia we had no premades at start and we managed to create powerful alliances overall.

DeletedUser

Don't forget revolt, Alcarin89!

I can live with any settings except two: Conquest world or Morale active. I totally regret joining a morale world.

DeletedUser

meh if you are a truly great player, you should be able to play revolt AND conquest imo

DeletedUser

I think the best leaders are the people who can build a good team from scratch and make them a solid alliance, i myself built up 2 alliances from scratch but seeing that both were started in existing worlds where alliances already had 30+ cities and both we in oceans with a top 10 alliance they didnt really welcome our fast growth so much or the fact we wouldn't merge into them but a world without premades would be interesting, seeing people who usually work together on opposing sides would really make the competition at a high, and thats why i think premades make worlds boring because the lack of competition and the fact people always seem to flock to them before testing the waters elsewhere

DeletedUser31852

The post is too long for me to bother to read to the end:
I have never been part of a premade, but have fought against and with premade alliances, they seem to work bother but tend to give less of a chance to others who are not in those premade alliances
I believe we should make a world that doesnt have premades or grepostas: it would be very different and interesting I believe, although I have been accepted in alsmot all the alliances I tried to join thanks to grepostats...

DeletedUser

• Can a world exist without a premade?
  • Do you believe Grepolis is dependant on people mustering together before a world opens, rather than taking the old school approach of 'see what happens'?
and finally

• Do you want a world without Premade alliances?
A world could be functioning normally without pre-made alliances however it is hard to keep people away from making pre-made alliances.

There are many alliances that are pre-made and that come to every world etc, probably many would dislike the idea of to being able to create an alliance with many people that they play with a long time. And those people that make pre-made alliances are mostly old players which don't quit like many newbies so yes I think the world depends on those alliances because without them world would consist of like 25% less active players which would make it boring and even more people would quite after wards.

A world without pre-made alliances would me much better than one with pre-made alliances.

additional info: I acctually never thought of this but a world without premade alliances would me much better, also your grammar is good, I understood every think.

DeletedUser2663

Food for thought guys. Premades starting on the rim. Giving the core time to develop and get a head start.

DeletedUser12667

Hmmm... Demise of grepolis. In my opinion it it may have something to do with the mass of worlds being released. For new players wanting to join send them to old servers that have space and if they truly are noobs then give them a little advantage to help them out. Otherwise, why worry, I am not top on this world so I will quit an go to the next. Add that to the fact of the gold advantages put into play, I really dont find grepo quite as fun as it was a year ago.

And if it is finicial issues here, I will gladly pay to have the old grepo back.