The Dirty Dozen

DeletedUser

Well , finally had enough of all the love (and hatred) being given in abundance here to Evolution. (however much they earn it).

So decided to start a thread in our name for once.

The history of The dirty dozen

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away some noobs popped up on islands around oceans 35/45 . Some of us were called 'Canaanites' some of us were 'KOTOR' . Those of us who were 'Canaanites' rather foolishly merged with the KOTOR tribe and most of us made our way to KOTOR2.

I wont go into the history books for what Legion did to KOTOR main wing alliance, but lets just say they , well most of them did not evolve much further than that.

Now a group of us within KOTOR2 were very desillusion'd (see what i did there?) with life amongst the sim city group KOTOR. So we decided to leave, and declare ocean35 our own. Inside the first week the destruction of KOTOR2 was complete. 47/48 players remaining in it either conquered or quit. (Danlj joined us later)

After a brief stay in Eternal myrmiddions and a disastrous stay with a even poorer alliance the kings of grepolis (whom we also destroyed on our way out the door) We decided that making our own alliance was the answer.

So the alliance The Dirty Dozen was born.

We remained as the twelve players until two members decided to call it a day on IOTA. Stone13 and Andante respectively. At this point we felt that we wanted more people to play with so we started looking for more local 'talent' .
Initially by the process of relentlessly attacking player to find out who had the skills to defend against us our numbers rose to the early twenties.

Merges between us and canaes boreallis and deaths phallanx brought us many of the members you see now inside our alliance. The better players surviving, the weaker gradually dropping out.

The history books will show the alliances that have fallen in the paths of our troops, i do not feel the need to post them. The future will show the alliances that will fall or vanquish us.

We count very few alliances as allies, some of them well publicised.
Currently we have 14 alliances set to war.

Other than teamwork and friendship our alliance thrives on the simple fact that every member of our group views every city of D12's to be there own.

I am proud to be able to call myself the founder of The Dirty Dozen.
I grow humbled every day by the people i call commerades and freinds.

Onoquoy

DeletedUser

Brilliant :) I love the story of you guys and even your name is meaningful.

I'll be honest when D12 popped up I kinda thought you would be another one of those alliances that popped into the top 12 and then disappear.. I remember Roky suggesting a Pact and I was a little bit like, really? aren't they ex-KOTOR? lol and yet there you are, a brilliant alliance and an example of what friends can achieve :) I'm glad Roky ignored me ;)

DeletedUser

:cool: Pays tribute to the story of Ono.......

Proud to be founder (co with Ono) and leader of D12.

DeletedUser

Proud to take seat next to you guys. Proud to fight and die as The Dirty Dozen.

DeletedUser

Wow i didnt realise you were orignally Kotor 2. I dont even remember your names from when you were in Eternal myrmiddions, you were not there very long though.

Love the story much respect from were you started to where you are now.

DeletedUser

Indeed, EM was only a few days, caused a lot of aggro with us being ex kotor with the pact with Legion. So we left, did not want to cause trouble.

Never really got to know any of the EM guys.

DeletedUser

Well I started in Kotor2 was leader of it for a while. Untill braiklim (or whatever his name was) made some really noobish decisions. Then we tryed to manage on our own first but we had to many noobs in it.

So the most of us moved to king of grepolis. Big mistake again since they had a really bad leadership. So we decided (the original 12 players where only 4 remaining untill this day) started D12 and the rest is known hehehe......
Ono's story was a bit different he shifted a bit more then us hehehe..

DeletedUser

I didn't know the story of you guys either Onoquoy...Great story though. Glad you guys are still around heard alot of good things about you, and the others of course.

DeletedUser

DD.. was creat with the merge of some allys that dominated oc. 26,25,24.
Half of those ppl went to DD and other half went to Empire (that was the old SS)...
I just had 1 ally change till now, i started playing grepolis at BC but the old leader stoped playing and let a noob leadership of turtles and got tired of that and i talked to Jeny and she let me join at DD during a war with Knights who say Ni and DL.
And here im since those times leading DD..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Almost correct...

Okay, Ono and Des, its good to see the roots of a great alliance posted like this, but you forgot to mention that you were no doubt inspired by that great historic (and dead) alliance known as The Knights Who Say Ni. (Not to be confused with the plagiarist heresy merchants known as The knights of Ni). True, The Knights Who Say Ni lived for a brief time, but as they say the light thats burns twice as bright..............I'm sure that the blazing standard of The Knights Who Say Ni will continue to be held with honour by the Dirty Dozen, and I for one am proud to be one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

oh yes, over time we have merged or recruited many players from many alliances. And yes some from knights who say ni were and still are very present.

DeletedUser

oh yes, over time we have merged or recruited many players from many alliances. And yes some from knights who say ni were and still are very present.

Yeah, I guess we sorta split the Knights between us...back in the LG days. I really liked those guys. They were great allies during our O46 war with KOTOR II/III, and Bobo is just...a fantastic player who I'm happy to have with us now (though I really liked the Knights, and working with him in that capacity as well).

I'll admit, that in the beginning I didn't much like you guys but I think I just really didn't like Natanae...for a variety of reasons...sorta colored my opinion. Perhaps a bit unfairly.

In any event. Things happen the way they happen and once I started chatting with you and some of the other guys more...lets just say I am MORE than happy to call you allies ;)

P.S. Great story! Thanks for posting :)

DeletedUser

So is this where I mention that I came from Caneas Borealis and was one of those talents? We do fight as one, and each city is our own. Enemies and even allies will see we are a rock and probably will never be defeated not by anyone.

Your friendly and non aggressive (cough) Master General :)

P.s Ono you did an amazing job...

DeletedUser

Since Sapph is going to do evo's stats I had an add up of D12's recent wars. This is the last 10 days worth of stats taken from grepostats. I've included Delian Elites and DL crusaders in the DL ones.

Black Pearl Vs D12

D12 zero cities lost
BP 24 cities lost

DL Vs D12

D12 zero cities lost
DL 15 cities lost

DeletedUser

Further info, i have never actually done the complete stats for both wings BUT the Original wing has only EVER lost one city since D12 was born. Internals and passing davodijan's inactive cities to evo disregarded ofc

That city was taken by Notalot who now flies with you guys. She executed a lightning conquest of one of darthskippys cities while he slept. When he spotted it he had like 45 mins before the colony ship landed to work with.

I know the second wing has suffered more losses , mostly due to geography extremities but it does happen occasionally. When even biremes take 16-17 hours to reach people somethings got to give on odd occasions.

DeletedUser

ooh we got a good recruit then in notalot :)

very impressive stats you ono :)

DeletedUser

Okay, Ono and Des, its good to see the roots of a great alliance posted like this, but you forgot to mention that you were no doubt inspired by that great historic (and dead) alliance known as The Knights Who Say Ni. (Not to be confused with the plagiarist heresy merchants known as The knights of Ni). True, The Knights Who Say Ni lived for a brief time, but as they say the light thats burns twice as bright..............I'm sure that the blazing standard of The Knights Who Say Ni will continue to be held with honour by the Dirty Dozen, and I for one am proud to be one of them.

I dont know where I was and how I did not see this thread......

But Blandy....... We at the time (The Knights Of Ni) destroyed your alliance The Knights Who Say Ni (even thou you begged to merge and thought we could be friends)...... We RIMMED YOU a long time ago before the commonwealth/kotor wars.... You then restarted in D12 territory.... you gave leadership to vertful who's city I took and is still mine to this day. We made mashed potatoes out of your alliance. Those we didnt kill just sat there in the shadows hiding from the onslaught, any remnants of the knights who say ni that joined D12 only did so because they hid from us and did nothing during the original war, your original active members where all destroyed.

Blazing standards my ***.....

The Knights Of Ni after the kotor war went to war against kings of grepolis and carried the war over to D12 when they left KOG and formed D12. At that time D12 was stronger then the knights of ni (the knights who say ni are imposters) but that didnt mean we werent gonna try. It was then that you recruited everyone from canes borelis and deaths phalanx, some from ionia and afew others, you asked only one thing from them....attack bobothemonk (thanks for the dbp). I went on a snipe rampage and by myself destroyed 11 of 12 cs attempts out of hundreds of attacks...... We asked for a truce (since it was christmas) and our members were all on holidays....you took advantage of that and kept up the preasure. When knight leadership activated vm I went and joined LG who were very happy to take me in....... If players like dunk66 and rock66 and mattatack had not left the game the war would have played out differently. Rock of course did come back to finish the job on QUEENDEE but thats left overs from the commonwealth war.....different story there.

If you werent faced with a war against the knights you would have never merged with these other alliances and become the border line mra that you are today.

Also D12 was never at war with "The Knights Who Say Ni" they were at war with "The Knights Of Ni"...big difference there.

And another not, the left over inactive Knights Of Ni ended up changing there name to The Outcasts

(You seriously recruited blackhock, vikingr, blandy, the basilisk, AJ Vhargon and many more?)

rant over

DeletedUser

and thats what we all like to call constructive critisism :rolleyes: