Newspaper The downfall of KE - including newspaper updates

DeletedUser40000

Prfft, who cares about a crown...
I'm more excited about +50 favour cap - 2 manti's at once :D

But yep, that and a couple of useless awards and lots of hatred, that's all. So why would anyone care to win those things if they weren't deserved? It's not the crowns and awards and hall of fame that matter. It's the shared sense of accomplishment, and you only get that when you know it is real. And guess what; it is real and we know it, and denying the facts won't change them. Our goal was to stop KE from winning anything and we did exactly that.

DeletedUser45198

Fact: You're coming across like a bitter donkey. Merry Christmas!

I like this circle:

REL/KARMA: we are the best, our leadership is best, bunch of "facts" and "stats".
Me: your facts are wrong and stats are made up(i even explain what is wrong your facts and stats)
REL/KARMA: you are bitter

DeletedUser40000

Yes, it's a fact we have Karma to thank for the crowns. Anyone saying otherwise would be lying.
The thing you just don't seem to get: no one cares about the damn crowns on our profiles as much as we care about them not being on yours; not for this world at least. And that's obviously what you care about as well, otherwise you wouldn't keep bringing up the gifted crowns as a reason we're a bad alliance. Low BP average is a reason I can understand at least, though it only shows our players had different priorities than their individual glory.

There ared terrific players in KE and Karma, I admit. I much admire those players in the top 20 fighters rank, and Relentless has indeed few of those. But having a bunch of very skilled top 20 attackers in an alliance, doesn't necessarily make that alliance work well as a team. You seem to imply KE was the better alliance because you had more top fighters? But what about the other 2/3rd of KE that aren't so much? They don't count? World wonder aren't won by bp's (as I said to old Strangechild almost a year and half ago).

On a side note, I've seen proof that bp's don't mean everything. I used to think so (not that they would win WW's, but I didn't care about that), but when I saw EC taking the time, for each op in O34, to time every one of his attacks and supports very carefully and eventually gaining no bp because us early hitters cleared the city before he arrived. But it never bothered him, because the op was successful, and that's all he cared about, not his personal glory. And that attitude is incredibly valuable.

Please do explain if you disagree.

DeletedUser

Our Numbers Guru, may dig out the old maps and stats if he's still around. If it's significantly different I'll gladly edit the report. I've made mistakes before, so anything is possible. No problem.

As promised, our numbers Guru, emerged from semi-retirement to research the old maps/stats, and shows that I was incorrect. The stats do indeed need clarification. And so I have edited the original post. And the world has my sincere apologies for an error, and for not being as clear as I should have been. And, my thanks to randoi for pointing it out. If only the New York Times corrected errors as quickly as the KOS WeeklyWorldNews!

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the correction does not alter the narrative.

What you don't remember, (and no reason you should) is that Karma membership as the Age neared was in the mid 30's. And on April 22nd we had 1,143 less cities than you did. That is what necessitated a merger and required our devising a plan to create a stalemate.

When the merger was underway on May 20th, fourteen days before the Age began, our cities deficit had been reduced to 794 cities.

(Later, when the merger had been fully completed and the Age was well underway, on July 1st, our cities deficit to KE had been further reduced to 371 cities.)

As one who was re-calc'ing our numbers daily, (as well as yours,) it was clear that KE still had an advantage in the number of cities as the Age was about to begin.

So you can imagine our smiles when the Age began and KE didn't. Everyone in Karma and REL knew the exact day the age would begin. There were daily messages reminding everyone to be ready at a certain hour on that certain day.

And on that certain day, not only did y'all fail to start, a number of your larger players were in fact in VM, representing 10% of your alliance's cities that were out, and unable to send resources. I know this because I personally went down the KE membership roster, and attempted to spy each one to see who was on VM, and then personally calc'd the number of cities that were out. I did not follow, who or when they returned as the days passed.

Karma & REL cities were almost ALL ready to send maximum resources. We showed up at the starting gate, on time, all present and accounted for, ready to go. KE did not. We each picked two Wonders and jumped on them. And, by the time you realized what was happening, four (4) Wonders were already out of your reach, and together, Karma and REL, had almost immediately accomplished our primary goal. And yes, it happened that fast.

But, even so, you could have picked up two or three of the remaining Wonders, or perhaps overtaken one or two others, had you adjusted your priorities. But, as we watched to see if you would, we were pleased that you didn't. Someone wasn't paying attention. Wasn't watching the races, and doing the math, and making the right choices. Spending too much time Playing on us20, perhaps, instead of Leading on en56.

The game wasn't over when REL completed the Seventh Wonder on August 16th. It was over for you when you failed to show up on June 3rd. It was over for you when you failed to alter your "plan" to address the reality that was unfolding right in front of you, right from the start.

It was over for you when you decided to follow a leader, (exceptional fighter that he is), into an environment that required critical thinking skills, instead of sniping skills. That required good leadership, and effective communication skills, instead of just a big mouth.

You keep searching for an acceptable reason why you lost. An excuse that would make it not your fault. As if you were not there, and had nothing to do with the results. You seem to forget that you were there. And you had everything to do with the result.

You keep searching for some way to show that REL is undeserving of the Crown. Chad had it right when he said there will be no asterisk by their name. You seem to forget that REL played a tough and honorable game, had great success in battle, founded an entire island in your WW area and stuck it to you when it counted most. Seems that I remember KE attempted a similar maneuver in REL's back yard, and they took that island from you, and built a Wonder on it.

Your search is over. The facts are established. And the analysis has been more than fair. I personally respect that you're entitled to your own opinion. And I don't expect it will match ours. And that's o.k. It can express any thoughts, theories, perspectives, reasons, excuses, or memories that you like. Make them up if you wish.

But it won't change the factual narrative:

Karma and REL together, executed a strategy that defeated you QUICKLY and EFFICIENTLY; and then,
REL completed FOUR Wonders for the win, then SEVEN Wonders for the Crown. And they EARNED IT!

Regardless of anything else, when you boil it down, that's what happened.

The KE leader can have posted ridiculous rebuttals, call us all noobs, liars, and cheaters, and more. But, in the end, that's what happened, and we'll just have to agree to disagree on all the inconsequential side issues.

-----

Have a Merry Christmas, and a safe New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser45198

We each picked two Wonders and jumped on them. And, by the time you realized what was happening, four (4) Wonders were already out of your reach, and together, Karma and REL, had almost immediately accomplished our primary goal. And yes, it happened that fast.

But, even so, you could have picked up two or three of the remaining Wonders, or perhaps overtaken one or two others, had you adjusted your priorities. But, as we watched to see if you would, we were pleased that you didn't.

You come up constantly with facts, but still miss key parts.
You seem to forget that we indeed finished 2 World Wonders.
Respect to REL for breaking those.
They catched two of our players pants down.
Their award to 4 WW-s was truly earned.

DeletedUser45198

Yes, it's a fact we have Karma to thank for the crowns. Anyone saying otherwise would be lying.
The thing you just don't seem to get: no one cares about the damn crowns on our profiles as much as we care about them not being on yours; not for this world at least. And that's obviously what you care about as well, otherwise you wouldn't keep bringing up the gifted crowns as a reason we're a bad alliance. Low BP average is a reason I can understand at least, though it only shows our players had different priorities than their individual glory.

There ared terrific players in KE and Karma, I admit. I much admire those players in the top 20 fighters rank, and Relentless has indeed few of those. But having a bunch of very skilled top 20 attackers in an alliance, doesn't necessarily make that alliance work well as a team. You seem to imply KE was the better alliance because you had more top fighters? But what about the other 2/3rd of KE that aren't so much? They don't count? World wonder aren't won by bp's (as I said to old Strangechild almost a year and half ago).

On a side note, I've seen proof that bp's don't mean everything. I used to think so (not that they would win WW's, but I didn't care about that), but when I saw EC taking the time, for each op in O34, to time every one of his attacks and supports very carefully and eventually gaining no bp because us early hitters cleared the city before he arrived. But it never bothered him, because the op was successful, and that's all he cared about, not his personal glory. And that attitude is incredibly valuable.

Please do explain if you disagree.

I agree totally on crowns being worthless, you and Karma made sure that those arent worth even the paper we use to wipe our behinds.

I have great respect for you for breaking our WW-s and making sure that we wont those crowns, but thats where it stops.

I wasnt implying that KE was the best alliance, we will never get to know who would come out on top, because you and Karma didnt want to know that.

A simple question came to my mind after your post:
Is it possible to say who was the best alliance out here?
What would determine it?
Obviously the crowns aint worth anything and bps count for nothing.
Certainly ops in O34 cant be what gives answer to that question.

Just realized that we probably wasted our time during that 2 years.

DeletedUser40000

I wasnt implying that KE was the best alliance, we will never get to know who would come out on top, because you and Karma didnt want to know that.
I think it was mainly ArrZee then who implied that, sorry. I deliberately didn't quote anyone because I wasn't sure who said what and didn't want to read back.

What would determine it?

No, I don't think it's possible to say which is the best alliance. It all depends on what you consider more important and one small mistake can have many consequences. I'm sure KE, Karma & REL all had their own share of great leaders, 'dirty rotten scumbags', simmers, fighters, noobs, beasts, spies, traitors, phone app users, gold wasters, small players, big players, team players, loners, etc. And it would be impossible to objectively place each player in one category and calculate what alliance had most of what category and what overload may have compensated for what lack.

If I would have to name an alliance that was the best, I'd say Misery. Because I value bp's and fighting skills. But I don't believe they could have won WW's, because they were too few and I guess they wouldn't care enough. I won't claim Relentless was the best alliance because we won WW's either. But we did achieve something major we can be proud about (which is breaking 2 KE wonders and being first to 4 without losing any). And it was what all three main alliances were trying to achieve, so clearly considered important by all of them. So to one who considers WW's the most important thing, I'd say REL was the best alliance. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what's most important. Just don't tell me that you value only bp's after you've tried so hard in the WW-phase (@RZ). Building 7 wonders to level 8/9/10 in 2 weeks doesn't happen without motivation, and -LJ help me out- 30k? LS don't get sent on a suicide mission without caring about the outcome.

But no, randoi, your time wasn't wasted, unless you learned nothing from it, made no friends in Kos at all and don't care about your personal achievements; or if you've realised this is just a game and you've neglected your friends and your job for 2 years (in that case, no crown or hall of fame would have altered your mind much).

Just my personal opinion.

DeletedUser

What would determine it?

Not really an honest phrasing of the question since you attempt to take out of the equation several factors that are relevant to some. You ask what would determine the answer and then immediately discount those things where you fall short.

However, setting that aside, I think a fair way to judge an alliance is whether it achieved its goals. Hard to argue, honestly at least, that an alliance is the best when it failed to achieve its goals.

This is what hurts KE, having failed to achieve its stated goals. And they just weren't the stated goals, they were bragged about incessantly and arrogantly for a good while.

Karma and Relentless achieved their goals, and then some more to boot. Hard as it may be to believe, but our main goal was making sure KE failed to achieve their goals. That was our goal. We planned for it. We worked together for it. And we achieved it. That we were motivated to achieve that goal, you may either ...1. think everyone in both karma and relentless are narrow-minded idiots or 2. your leader was a world class horse's you know what. we think it was 2.

Finally, part of what has become this world is KE's dishonesty. Most normal reasonable people just don't like dishonesty. And KE has been dishonest. Remember when i said one can't argue honestly about KE's failure. Well, I said it that way for a reason. Before the WW your stated goal was to win the WW. Once you didn't, well then you start to change. I would respect members of KE more if they just admitted they failed. If you want to blame your failure on us working together, fine...but at least have the honesty to admit the failure. It was partly us working together, but it was also you guys not having a good strategy. you wasted your city advantage. wasted it by not having your merchants high enough. wasted it by not starting on time. wasted it five different ways. too much bragging and not enough planning.

and like i say, a complete failure to just honestly admit it.

and i disagree with pizza, i think you did waste your time for two years. i don't want to rehash it all, but most of KE held their noses and followed their leader. you traded your sense of decency for the promise of winning. and in the end, now you have neither. so yeah, that was a waste of time.

DeletedUser39575

This in no way is true, Thank You for showing your bitterness about getting the short end from Relentless, You handed them the crown. and did they hand it back to you? Lets face it you lost a game of dress up. Karma has on the old dress the lipstick on their teeth but wheres your crowns go cry in the corner princess. Oh you cant be a princess with no crown, sorry chamber maid. Arrzee is what he is and never hid it. He will be the first to admit he is the scum of the earth in this game, But he will throw himself on the sword for any of us in KE. This game was over when Relentless hit 7 and I was one of the first to send props to Cool aid. this game has become an at work time waster from that point.

Ok......so we are clear........because this paragraph has some contradictions in it.........Highlighted in bold and underlined.........Why would you send props to Cool-Aid for hitting 7 if you say Karma "Handed" us the crown? These half-hearted congrats are hilarious to me........don't say it if you don't mean it........and as far as bitterness goes........there is nothing more or less bitter than someone who cannot fully congratulate someone for winning a game, even if they were not on the side that won.

So.......that we are clear.........did you congratulate Cooly because you thought he/we TRULY earned it.........or because we/he was handed a crown.........you can't have it both ways.......

DeletedUser39502

No one cares about the crown. Some people just use it to throw the only insult they can find. Had the crown been obtained by KE, it would have meant something but by now they'd mean nothing again as we all begin new worlds. If you look it up, nearly all crowns are earned by a massive alliance that merged it's way to a clear WW victory, beating any and all alliances to all seven wonders, or earned by alliances tearing down wonders long after the winners had gone ghost and stopped caring. Or in this case, tossed around between allies who controlled all seven once the enemy had been aptly defeated and the true prize already won.

And yes, there are far more important things than BP. I'd take samilles, BAJS, Weedwhacker, pizza, v12, bshoe, Eatcake, and many others over many of the big BP players simply for their willingness to sacrifice schedule and time for the alliance and for each other. I'd rather have great teamwork and close friends than great players. Not to take anything away from that list. There WERE some grat players there!

And Jeff, couldn't have said it better bro. The judge of any alliance should be whether or not it achieved it's goals. I believe we did. We set out to give a good fight. We knew we weren't the best players but we wanted to be competitive. Personally, I wanted the win. Not just for myself but for my team. They were a great team. They deserved it. They fought for it tooth n nail and they got it. Believe it or not, karma isn't lying when they say that their number one priority was to keep ke out. You guys REALLY them off! Lol. So they got theirs too. Maybe not everything but they were awfully close. Nothing can be taken away because of pure dumb luck I guess. Couldn't take anything away from karma. They are a hardcore bunch of players. Tougher than rel, I believe it. Undefeatable warriors....

DeletedUser39575

-LJ help me out- 30k? LS don't get sent on a suicide mission without caring about the outcome.

Yes Pizza............. that is correct.......:cool:

DeletedUser40000

3 alliance vs 3?? you’re a joke! It was 1 alliance, with 1/3 of a second academy alliance and TR who did nothing for KE...absolutely nothing...minus a handful that joined us ONLY for WW. Reality was it was about 80 players vs 240+ players between karma/misery/REL/RUTH/BlackP/Back Off/Geto and other small alliances. It took that many players to fight KE.
It's not our fault you sided with a worthless alliance. You were pacted with Black Widows, but they turned on you and merged with Spartan Phoenix, not our fault. You obviously had connections with The Elite Crusaders (seeing as a bunch of them joined KE II when others started bolting) and numerous other small alliances. It's not our fault you couldn't make better allies. I don't know what the role of Back Off was, but they were not our allies, nor were Geto before they became Karma II. Joined ops between REL and Karma were rare and the ones that were you can thank Avi and bunny and yourself for, because it was the shared dislike for the 3 of you that triggered us to work closer together. And all of that shouldn't even matter; if you had thought KE was in such a bad position, you wouldn't have tried to finish 7 Wonders at, if you had any common sense.

but again, REL/Karma..you are all ignorant fools to put the blame on leaders when the fall was not their fault but rather the person who lost the city.
I can't speak for Karma, but REL leaders made sure every WW-city was defended and there would be no weak spots on our islands (this was admittedly not true for the last 3 wonders, but it was for the first 4, the ones that mattered).

Cool-aid, you need a reality check, I disliked Hyperion, but at least he lead REL to where it was( Something 2/3 of your alliance agreed behind you back) you only continued to sim till you left the world. You were never a real leader and I know this because I read 90% of your in-game forum and your MM to REL.
If you did, you'd know he didn't take any credit for himself and time after time thanked the other leaders. You can't accuse a person of not being what he doesn't claim to be.

I'm also very surprised you didn't stand up for Avi with JackArse Cody's comments...perhaps that is why you are still friends with him, you are no different!?!?!
Why would I stand up for Avi? I don't know her. I thought Cooly's comment was below the belt, but the Avi I thought I knew was a lie and I have done more than my share of standing up for her when didn't want to see the truth.

Merry Christmas

DeletedUser48334

Hi Pizza: You've made me blush again! There were lots of people doing selfless things in Rel. But you do give a good example on how people can execute a good battle; get little BP from it; and then have AreZee jibe them for being a rubbish fighter, proven by lack of BP.

There's a saying: "He uses statistics like a drunk man uses a lamp-post. For support, rather than illumination". There's too much detail in this thread as people argue the points. So pretending this paper really had come out weekly over the past six months, what would some of the headlines been? I can think of:
+ "KE take Rel WW City"
+ "Rel colonise island next to KE WW islands"
+ "Rel purge O34 of all KE WW incursions"
+ "WW Starts, but KE slow out of the blocks"
+ "Rel break two KE wonders, in shock CS"

I'm sure there would be other headlines. Some flattering to KE. But the majority would have been beneficial to Karma or Rel.

About 120 people had a game plan to prevent a similar number of people aligned to the biggest alliance from winning the game. And, if possible, win it for themselves. The game's parameters prevented groups bigger than 50 getting together. So if the 120 people won the game, the trophy would have to be passed round. Just like you see a trophy passed round the winning team at any football cup final. Nothing wrong with that.

So talk of Rel being given the crown by Karma portrays a complete lack of understanding in the ethos of teamwork.

I don't buy into the meaningless crowns argument. It must mean something. Just about every PM I get off ArrZee chides me, unprompted, over the crown. So it must mean a lot to him to not have it. To me it means we fulfilled the game criteria necessary for being recognised as winners. Kind of self-fulfilling comment. But we did it with teamwork, co-operation, hard work, planning, imagination, debate, flair and, yes, luck. A fair amount of luck. But people say you make our own luck. And I'm glad to see most people in Rel and Karma played the game this way.

But if I may offer advice to those who have followed RZ this time; to those who have stood shoulder to shoulder with him. My advice is ... Never Again. Don't let him steal your victory from you a second time.

EC

DeletedUser39575

EC......One of our great leaders in Relentless........;)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Please ignore Arrzee and do not reply to his posts as I do not want to punish others for his nonsense. Simply use the report tool and go back to posting in this thread as you all were previously.

DeletedUser40050

Bunny never played with us. Maybe a typo. The only spy we ever had was that one chick... I've forgotten her name. I hear her and xardo have a baby now. Even seen the pics! Btw, xardo does look like an evil monkey of a man! It doesn't seem right that he should be standing under a blue sky with white clouds. I don't know the man but it just doesn't fit into my personal image of him, although He DOES look about as I'd expect. Anyway, we just had the spy that was placed in the blackwood Company all those years and months ago. Just more testament to why the world hated KE and their tactics...

interesting....WHERE you have seen pictures of my hsbn when we dont know each other - you dont remember my name and I never posted pictures of my family in the game

DeletedUser39502

I had always heard xardo was actually your husband. Heard you used to address him as such. And I don't wanna get onto personal stuff but the person in these pics certainly looks a lot like you. Or coincidentally a lot like your skype profile anyway. Either way doesn't much matter to me. Just my opinion. You spent your time pooing on my people so uh, poo on you!