Newspaper The downfall of KE - including newspaper updates

DeletedUser

First and last post

I have refrained from even reading these external forums until now. It seems pretty funny to see all the opinions posted and people getting upset over them.

It is true that the crown is worthless if not earned and yes if an alliance did earn it then it would have meaning.
It is also true that there were cheaters that the mods ignored.
It is also true that all alliances had good and bad players.
It is also true the crown was given to Relentless by Karma.
It is also true that KE lagged behind in planning for the WW compared to Karma but still pulled ahead.
It is also true that since Karma was the only real threat to KE they turned a blind eye to Relentless.
It is also true that some players over use of gold made the game less fun since the unfair advantage made them more or less cheaters which the mods will never stop since innogames pockets the money and that is all that matters to them.
The fact that Relentless had not been fighters and mostly simmers KE ignored the island near our WW as being no real threat which turned out to be the mistake that turned the game.
KE also made a mistake with the players chosen to hold WW cities since again they considered Relentless no real threat and Karma was not close enough to matter.

I only hope that the cheaters are found in the next world and banned for life, KE (or whatever they will be called) does better in the next world and that all the alliances actually play the game as a war/strategy game and enjoy themselves.

It would also be a better game if they would limit the unfair advantage gold gives people in building troops. I would say it would be fair if they limited the troop recruitment acceleration to 5- 10 per 24 hours.

I have had my fill of this game after 3 plus years and will not be playing after this world closes.

Perhaps in the next world you will all refrain from arguing like little kids in these forums.

DeletedUser39502

What I still don't get is how the top ranked alliance who spent the entire game picking on smaller alliances can call REL and bunch of simmers. Lol. Seems pretty clear we absolutely dominated you in o36 aside from rags and strange, and then two players actually ruined you in o45, had a firm grip in north 45, then wiped out your wonders in o46 and all from a single jumping point of o35, oceans away from most of our players, yet you can call US simmers? We came to you and fought you in your own oceans and you lost on each front. Underestimating players who tore your wonders to pieces in three days was complete idiocy. Great foresight.... I've had about enough of the summer stuff from an alliance that couldn't figure out what it was doing from the get go.

DeletedUser

Nice post sir. Too bad it is your first and only. And, yes, three years is a long time. But, then it really can be an addiction.

When done within the rules, standing up for oneself, and stating and arguing one's point of view, is a time honored, healthy and constructive excercise. And, this post, along with others previous, seem to present an opinion I cannot relate to.

actually play the game as a war/strategy game and enjoy themselves.

It occurs to me that this is exactly what we did. All of us. Hopefully, on all sides.

Gold

Gold is used by many if not most or all in the game. Some more than others, but by definition is NOT cheating, and cannot be "over used." Inno doesn't just "pocket the money." It is used to pay for this environment. Servers, employees, advertising, brick and morter to house it all, and yes probably a profit to boot. "Is this a wonderful world or what?" Because gold makes the game possible.

The worthless Crown

While I may understand the emotion of believing the Crown is worthless, I don't think this could be farther from the truth. The fact that we continue to argue the point should tell us all something. And the game itself tells us that the crown is the highest achievement.

Of course if one truly believes that the Crown has no value, and chooses not to pursue it. Cool. But, you cannot enforce that opinion on others, or discount those who would like to achieve it. Perhaps this person should play only until the Age begins, take a screen shot of the standings, declare himself the victor, and move on to a new game.

And, if one believed that the Crown was worth pursuing but fell short in his quest, for whatever reason, he cannot then declare it worthless because someone else has achieved it. And, once achieved, it has by definition been EARNED.

The best alliance

JL is correct that a fair way to judge an alliance is whether or not they achieved their goals. And, their deeming themselves successful on that basis should not be for another to diminish. You may agree or disagree, but you cannot take the pride away for accomplishing one's goals.

So while determining who may be a "successful" alliance can be a totally subjective call based upon your perspective, the game itself provides specific standards of measurement to solve the question of who was the "best" alliance.

Most "Total Points" is a biggie. You may not like the alliance who finishes on the top of this list. And you may not agree with how the points were accumulated, but you can't argue with the factual result. And we had two years, to either build ourselves up, or tear our opponents down. Or both.

The "Win," and the "Crown" are biggies too. The rules do not say that they are only valid if you totally beat the snot out of everyone else in the world. They do not say that a negotiation is not permitted. And, they do not say that they are only of value, if all the other "losing" players and alliances agree. Meet the conditions and you "Win." Meet the conditions and you "Crown."

Facts and stats

The value of facts and stats should not be discounted either. They make the reality real, point you in the right direction, and lead you to your goals. They are most often an integral and necessary part of any well run organization. In-game and out.

In our case, the world numbers were calc'd and re-calc'd many times to determine the start date of the age.

Our numbers (and yours) were calc'd and re-calced on a daily basis. During the first month of the Age, at times on an hourly basis. Most certainly each time any Wonder, ours, REL's, or KE's (and others) was upgraded. And it was a very active tab in our Karma/REL shared forum.

We knew at all times how much resources could be collected, to which Wonder they should be sent, the approximate time until the Wonder would close, how much overflow was best to allow, and how much favor would be needed to complete the upgrade, before KE next upgraded theirs.

And, communication of these numbers to our members and our allies was critical to their use, as we scolded ourselves when we missed the target, adjusted, and patted ourselves on the back when we exceeded it.

The geeks within us provided good stats, the leaders within us used those stats to make good choices, and the membership at large, fighters and simmers alike, made it all happen. (No offense to any geeks out there. I don't wear glasses held together by tape, but I do own a pocket protector.)

It was a TOTAL team effort of brains AND braun. Stats made effective "strategy" possible. And they are a huge part of the strategic aspect of this game, as evidenced by the fact that they are so deeply accumulated and presented by this game, for your use.

Teamwork

EC is also spot on. Karma and REL were in fact a team, moreso than just allies. We played together, we planned and executed the WW together, and we made the Crown decision together, in the spirit of that teamwork, and without jealousy or regret. How others used or failed to effectively use teamwork and allies is not our responsibility.

What seems to be objected to most, is that Karma and REL in fact utilized such a well rounded approach to teamwork, war and strategy. And that we dare to publicly congratulate ourselves for a well played game. And, dare to chronicle the circumstances and events regarding how it was done. If we don't stand and do these things on our own behalf, who will? And really, who doesn't enjoy a little trash talkin.

Conclusion

Perhaps RALFO's post, and others, should be best considered a suggestion to Inno to create a world where a monthly fee to all players is required, instead of the availability of gold. Where points, Wonders, Wins and Crowns are not part of the objectives. Where only rabid warriors shall survive, and the game shall be won when there is only one alliance left standing, because defeated players are not "rimmed" they are removed from the game.

Perhaps an excellent idea.

But, in the absence of that world, the current game accommodates us all. Simmers and fighters, and fighting-simmers. Gold users, misers, and others such. Great players, average players, and not so much. They are all permitted, and welcomed, and all required for best strategic use. Where the only true limitation is that we all play by the same rules.

The current war/strategy game is in fact the world we chose to play, within the rules and settings as established, and with all possible strategies in play. And, I think overall, we enjoyed ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38446

I too generally ignore the forums, guess I'm not the social type.This was my first attempt at this game so I'm a total noob and never made it past the top 10 or so. I started this game to get away from the players spending thousands of dollars on an online game to give them way to far of an advantage but I guess that wasn't the fact here either.I should nave known better, these games are here for the sole purpose of revenue generation which is worldly way and will never change. I use gold too but NEVER did to boost troops or builds etc., but then I'm just a poor working stiff with a family, life and better things to do with my earned cash. Well nuff said about that. As far as KE, awesome bunch of peeps that we're always ready to help out each other, I think our problem, if any was being people with real lives and having a few that just dropped out without any warning. I would like to say that I never had any arguments or trash talk from any players I had contact with (thank god I didn't use the forum it may have been a different story), ALL KE members are just fun bunch of people and as far as the RED side would like to send out props to Screamwind, ineterwet, romka666, and even jeffro225 for some good fun rounds. Mad thanks to my old FE members, Klattu, Duncanville, Brendion, faurora, Brothers ' til the end.

DeletedUser

as far as the RED side would like to send out props to Screamwind, ineterwet, romka666, and even jeffro225 for some good fun rounds. Mad thanks to my old FE members, Klattu, Duncanville, Brendion, faurora, Brothers ' til the end.

Thats much appreciated

And likewise, in real terms everyone whos managed to stay active until this stage gets my respect. Regardless of being a red dot on my map or not.
Had some fun with certain names. Actually far to many to name them all, and sadly some are no longer here.
And due to location i only recognise others from reading reports.

But regardless, all the best for the new year

Mike

DeletedUser39575

Happy New Year Everyone!!!! Hugs, Smooches, & God Bless!!!!! ;)

DeletedUser

Congrats to the REL team, for landing a CS ( or 2! ) in one of ArrZees cities

Shame lots of arrzees other accounts! havnt any troops left to send to break it. Thats what happens when all you do is build CS to sit in your harbours so arrzee can gain BP lol
well ArrZee having 2 Cs in his city at once, doesnt quite beat the Nihellas 6 in one harbour does it, but hey we cant complain. Just a shame ArrZee didnt get the BP first
I hope i remeber the 6 in one harbour correctly, im sure someone will be along from Karma to confirm, if ive got my facts wrong :(

DeletedUser

And for those believeing the hype that ArrZee isnt using other accounts! to gain cheap BP
sLslka8q.jpg

Attachments

• epic.JPG
    epic.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 4

DeletedUser

The following is to ArrZee
As hes decided to block me, as he couldnt accept the truth in our Pms
For someone who likes to dish it out, hes all of a sudden, become a bit quiet on the matter lol

--------------------------------------------------
Well the hand me down crown i can accept, as we did fail in that.

But Karma and myself didnt go boasting how we had a great master plan that was going to gaurantee us the cron lol
have a look in the mirror and see who did!

The fact is both Karma and KE have to finish this world as losers. The differance being that Karma accepted this, and as part of our game plan it was us who determined who did win. Did KE have that choice lol

But unlike you i can accept my own and my alliance failinsg
You being dilusional about just how badly KE failed, and your responsibility for that just makes me laugh
KE had a chance of a win, you single handily blew it.
And your previous comment sums it up! as you think its all about you.

I feel no jealousy towards you, as i havnt seen anything worthy of it

DeletedUser

Invites sent out to the majority of active alliances
To share an ingame forum

So check the forum administration settings to accept

Chat nicely :)

DeletedUser

Sorry to hear that KE wont be taking up the offer

ArrZee said:
today at 18:22
Share tab denied by 82% consensus from KE players. Sorry LOL

I wont post the following message he sent to that! lol

Well if you decide differently just let someone know

DeletedUser

I tried doing the right thing and posting in a non offensive way - by leaving the rant out
But it appears arrZee would like to use this as an opportunity to have another Rant, So there you go KE your Talisman at his best :)
Nice touch blocking me between messages! lol

ArrZee said:
today at 19:00
you should TOTALLY post the other 1/2 of my message....or you trying to filter the truth again?

ArrZee said:
today at 18:23
And i voted yes to it...rofl, seems no one care about karma/rel pathetic excuses or delusional gloating or frankly anything anyone in karma/rel need to get off their chest.

have fun in your shared tab that only consist of the same alliances you already share tabs with LOL

DeletedUser

Its a sad state when the game makers cant even close a world on time.
Laughable that it has a countdown timer that appears to not have any connection to the actual end of the world!
Well done Grepo, reinforcing peoples perspective of a well run game! lol

DeletedUser

Its a sad state when the game makers cant even close a world on time.
Laughable that it has a countdown timer that appears to not have any connection to the actual end of the world!
Well done Grepo, reinforcing peoples perspective of a well run game! lol

Kos is now closed, 2 days late but closed.

It was fun.